Diablo® III

What level can you start hell?

85 Night Elf Rogue
I started nightmare at 25 and cruised through pretty nicely and i wanna do the same thing with hell. I know nightmare you start on avg around 30ish but you can enter as early as 25. What about Hell. whats the req?
Reply Quote

If i remember correctly lol
Edited by Vertoxis#1683 on 6/1/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lvl 50
Reply Quote
25 nightmare? rly?
i didnt die a single time in normal and i still finished at lvl 30
are u speed running it or?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
The expected level is 50. Not sure if/what the minimum is.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
yea im looking for the minimum,
Reply Quote
I want to do the opposite. I want to be at least 35 before Nightmare, and certainly 60 before Hell.
Reply Quote
50 is the minimum. I can confirm this. I was 49 when my friends entered Hell mode... had to farm for a bit to level up. We all had a good laugh.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 10:11 AMPosted by SwampDog
I want to do the opposite. I want to be at least 35 before Nightmare, and certainly 60 before Hell.

Why would you want to do this? To lengthen the game time immensely? You can be right around 50 at the end of Nightmare (which is still ez mode, could do Nightmare blindfolded) if you just play through it normally. Then I would do Act I/Act II of Hell if you wanted to be 60 before the later parts of Hell.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Kayzar

Why would you want to do this? To lengthen the game time immensely? You can be right around 50 at the end of Nightmare (which is still ez mode, could do Nightmare blindfolded) if you just play through it normally. Then I would do Act I/Act II of Hell if you wanted to be 60 before the later parts of Hell.

1. Because I hate running from mobs, ever.
2. Because I have much more fun feeling overpowered than 'just powerful enough'.

I am the HERO! I should be one-shotting minions with ease. Any non-elite or named monster should fall like wheat before me. I want to beat every boss on the first attempt.
I've always loathed the concept of 'you must die x number of times to learn the fight' in any game. Let me gather my info en route to the boss (in game, not researching outside of game), and then use that knowledge to destroy him.
That's simply how I find a game the most fun.
Reply Quote

1. Because I hate running from mobs, ever.
2. Because I have much more fun feeling overpowered than 'just powerful enough'.

I am the HERO! I should be one-shotting minions with ease. Any non-elite or named monster should fall like wheat before me. I want to beat every boss on the first attempt.
I've always loathed the concept of 'you must die x number of times to learn the fight' in any game. Let me gather my info en route to the boss (in game, not researching outside of game), and then use that knowledge to destroy him.
That's simply how I find a game the most fun.

I like your last point (I love tips on boss fights as "logs" or something scattered around game before the boss fight).

But... Normal and Nightmare ARE exactly like that, getting 10 levels ahead of where you need to be is just a silly waste of time, get maybe 5 levels ahead then. I have not played a single character who I've had a problem with in Normal or Nightmare. I don't run, at worst I use a pot. It's Hell where you'll want to farm to be 60 before you do (ez mode) much of Hell, and you'll basically never want to do Inferno.

Though... All that can be easily changed if you use the AH and/or the BS. If you buy perfect gear or make perfect gear for your character's current level, it'll be even more of a breeze. My WD I'm playing with only using the BS/JC and am breezing through Nightmare without even looking. DoT, AoE, Fear, Laugh, Repeat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]