Diablo® III

[FIXED] Diablo 2 and newer video cards

I hope they make a Diablo 2 Enhanced Edition like they just did for Baldur's gate.
Reply Quote
Worked for me too, awesome performance =D
Reply Quote
Nice, I used to play D2: LOD on some newer-ish desktops with Direct3D. It played okay. I did notice slowdown when there were a lot of enemies. This wrapper is amazing. Loaded up an old world of mine, and have not experienced a single second of lag.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/17/2013 03:01 AMPosted by ak474000
Nice, I used to play D2: LOD on some newer-ish desktops with Direct3D. It played okay. I did notice slowdown when there were a lot of enemies. This wrapper is amazing. Loaded up an old world of mine, and have not experienced a single second of lag.

Yep, the issue is, Diablo 2 was not designed around Direct3D. It DID support it at a limited level, but there were performance issues. It was really optimized for Glide. But the good thing is, Glide is a limited subset of OpenGL, so with any modern video card and a small wrapper like that, you can run the game FAR faster than with Direct3D (assuming D3D works at all - on my system the game won't even run with anything but the Glide wrapper).
Reply Quote
I was having the same error all I did was open it in window mode first let it update then it works fine. Properties>Target> "E:\Games\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w make sure u space the -w after your target old file!
Reply Quote
22 Pandaren Monk
I can't even use the wrapper anymore with my video card losing signal due to too much strain. I have 2 680s SLi. Diablo 2 runs fine on my laptop but on my desktop doesn't boot only if i do -w. I would like to play with the Direct 3d settings though. I like the perspective view. I'm really stumped on how to get it to work. I've been looking around for so long and I've tried everything. If there is some help that would be great.
Reply Quote
View profile
No idea if it was suggested, but try a Glide wrapper. nGlide works fine for a Glide-to-D3D wrapper. There's two other popular glide wrappers that do Glide-to-OpenGL instead. All work just fine for the most part.
Reply Quote
Did all this and am no longer getting the access exception error but now D2 does not respond, I can see my desktop and at the top left I see a small square and it will change to various key symbols like ( ) # * 1 2 3. That's it. I have to ctrl alt delete and shut down D2 for not responding. What now?
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Barlion
Did all this and am no longer getting the access exception error but now D2 does not respond, I can see my desktop and at the top left I see a small square and it will change to various key symbols like ( ) # * 1 2 3. That's it. I have to ctrl alt delete and shut down D2 for not responding. What now?
Awesome!! I got it working. TY for the info.
Reply Quote
View profile
Running D2 on a GTX Titan. Literally thousands of frames per second. What are you getting for a framerate with your card? xD
Reply Quote
I don't believe D2 vvill run vvith Direct X11.
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 04:43 PMPosted by DrunkTank
I don't believe D2 vvill run vvith Direct X11.

It will = here is a simple fix that allows D2 to run fine on DX11 and modern 3d platforms without having to use wrappers and such. It allows me to run D2 on Windows 7 with a DX11 card.

1 Set background color of desktop to a plain single color

2 Open your screen that allows you to adjust screen resolution -- don't make any changes but leave the screen open

Start D2

This solution was stumbled upon by someone and as yet no one has provided a full explanation of how it works
Reply Quote
Ok, I fixed it. Here's what I found. Someone made a 3dfx Glide wrapper specifically for Diablo 2. It basically fools Diablo 2 into thinking you're running an old Voodoo 2, and it works! Ironically, it runs FASTER through the wrapper than it did on native Direct3D mode on my HD6870.http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html

Thanks a TON for this, I've been looking everywhere for something to fix the problems in Diablo 2
Reply Quote
Thanks for the fix!

I recently started working a night shift and there is a lot of downtime so my coworker and I need something to keep us awake. Since we can't connect to the internet (and play games...) we need some LAN games and there isn't a whole lot of modern choices :(
Reply Quote
My goodness! Thank you soooooooo much, I was so sad I couldnt play it on my new computer, I was using my crappy old laptop to play it on! But this fixed it for me! Thanks so much, so glad I can finally play again on my actual computer.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much dude !!!
Reply Quote
Yes, thanks. This was a pain before I found the glide.
Reply Quote
I still have a problem with the glide mode, it work but in a small screen, not full.

How can i resolve that ?

ps : sorry for my english, i m not a native
Reply Quote
This is awesome!!! Thank you so much
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]