Diablo® III

Crit Damage % vs Weapon Damage %

For a Demon hunter, which one would be better?

I compared a socket bow, a green gem vs a red gem, and the green gem gives more DPS

Does Crit Damage % gives more DPS than weapon damage %?

For example, a crossbow that gives 25% weapon damage or a crossbow that gives 40% critical hit damage?
Reply Quote
If you have 5% crit, the crit hit damage probably sucks.

If you have 95% crit, the crit hit damage is probably pretty good.
Reply Quote
Depends on whether you're using sharpshooter or not, it makes figuring out your actual dps a bit difficult because you only have 100% crit for 1 shot.
Reply Quote
Yea I am using Sharpshooter, and its true, the DPS is really weird how when I use Critical Hit % gives a lot more DPS than when I use Weapon Damage. However, I think the tradeoff is the base damages, even though the DPS says 30k, my base damage only hits around 10k~, but my crit hits around 17k+ with 145% critical hit damage.

So it comes down to base damage vs Critical hit
Reply Quote
Rubys in weapons at level 60 is almost always a DPS loss compared to an emerald, even if you only have 5% crit.

Just think about it. Adding 15-30 weapon damage to a weapon that does 900-1100 isn't much difference.
Reply Quote
Rubys in weapons at level 60 is almost always a DPS loss compared to an emerald, even if you only have 5% crit.

Just think about it. Adding 15-30 weapon damage to a weapon that does 900-1100 isn't much difference.

Very true, emerald is probably the better gem at 60, but how about the weapon stats (not gem), would a weapon with, let's say, 35% weapon damage be better than a weapon with 45% critical hit damage?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]