Diablo® III

Ok, Wizards suck. Like bad

Like really bad. I have 80 hours played on my wizard. Hes my only level 60 and I'm currently progressing (though calling it that is an extreme overstatement) through A3. I have friends who play every other class, and they don't seem to get WTFSH!TPWNED on as much as I do. Gear plays an all too important part for a wizard, I'd say even more so than a Barb, which is understandable. We're a Glass Cannon. But its more Fine China than glass, and more "Run the !@#$ away and kite for 10 minutes to kill a single elite group" and less Cannon. A Barbarian with equal gear to a wizard can't output much damage, but can certainly stay alive long enough to where it doesn't matter. A Demon Hunter with equal gear as a wizard can output twice as much damage not having to worry about survivability at all. A monk with the same level of gear is a glorious blend of "Tank" and "DPS". And finally, a witch doctor with ANY gear can just pop zombie bears and win. The only real viable build is some sort of combination of Hydra/Blizz, and every other build follows the same combination of kiting. Kiting. Oooohhhh Kiting. How much I enjoy thee. Spending 10 minutes killing an elite pack, running away. The constant running away. I hope you have a rock to run around or you're %^-*ed. And even if you can kite, there a number of attributes that make it near impossible to kite. For instance:
Jailer
Waller
Fast
Teleport
Invulnerable Minions
Frozen
Vortex
Mortar (The absolute worst of the bunch)
Horde
I see other classes not necessarily blowing through inferno, but at the very least they can survive more than 2 minutes without dying. The class needs some serious revamp. I understand that they want use to be a kiting class, and while I may find that hard to sallow, at the very least, put us on par with the other ranged classes in terms of kiting. The only way to be remotely successful on a wizard is to drop 20 mill on gear.

tl;dr: qq
Reply Quote
Please, teach me then.
Reply Quote
Frozen makes it impossible to kite, lol.

ok.
Reply Quote
Mr. QQ. Roll a barb, get the "equal gear" and tell me what happens. Thank you.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Druid
Your problems sound like they originate from a deficiency unrelated to the Wizard class.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/09/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Taxix

Proof that you just suck.

Mortar is an absolute joke of an affix unless paired with Jailer. Otherwise, it's cake.
Reply Quote
Typical blizzard forum fashion the 12 year olds come out to !@#$%.

I think you make some good points. Anyone who disagrees with the premise of your argument Doesn't play a wizard. Or dumped millions of gold (that they probably used mommy's credit card to buy) into their gear so they could just face melt everything.

I've got 170 hours on my wizard, 37k dps, 40k health, and 500 in resists. I leveled with one build that involved doing as much dmg as fast as I could, and blowing things up with short fuse when they go close enough, made it through to act IV Hell doing that.

I had to change everything about how I played when I got to inferno. Now blizzard and hydra do the killing while I run around trying not to dead end myself, or run into other mobs.

bugs me more than just a little.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Same problem with my wizard. Constantly kiting to stay alive has sucked all the fun out of it. It's still fun to play in groups but I'm all done playing it solo.
I'd like to know what the record level is for a hardcore wizard.
Edited by Scot#1509 on 6/9/2012 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For all the trouble of kiting, Blizzard should award wizards with the highest DPS among all the classes. but no, Wizards are way under-powered than they should be.
Reply Quote
06/09/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Pyraedine

Mortar is an absolute joke of an affix unless paired with Jailer. Otherwise, it's cake.

QFT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.
Reply Quote

More so in a group. I play with a Barb and Monk a lot of the time. The mortar guys stand still and bombard me with all of it.

My overall point for the thread was that I made a wizard to be a ranged nuker, like every other wizard class ever, but I spend 95% of my time running away. It makes a class with arguably the coolest set of skills in the game horribly, horribly bad.
Edited by Taxix#1583 on 6/10/2012 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

My mouse is a Logitech G3300, and it works fine. I don't believe its the issue, but do you have an y suggestion on another mouse I can use?
Reply Quote
Wizards are sweet, they're just squishy but you can venom hydra kite practially anything lol you just need 25% movespeed, some attack speed and a good weapon.

The only problematic affixes are:
invul minions
fast (only one some things like soul rippers or any other fast based mob)
jailer (only on some things, jailer+mortar or jailer+fast)
vortex (if combined with plagued+molten)
and reflects damage if you don't run diamond skin.

Also I have inferno diablo down (without skipping/bugging/gimmick build) and I haven't used blizzard once ever.
Edited by Invisy#1645 on 6/10/2012 12:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

My mouse is a Logitech G3300, and it works fine. I don't believe its the issue, but do you have an y suggestion on another mouse I can use?

herp derp
I suggest not playing with your mouse between you and your keyboard, try off to the right or left
Edited by Tork#1595 on 6/10/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote

herp derp
I suggest not playing with your mouse between you and your keyboard, try off to the right or left

Holy !@#$ this is so much easier, wow, wizards are good now!
Reply Quote
this warms my heart to know wizards suck lol . I almost played a wizard first .

All I can say is Barbarians KICK !@# MAN . But you need a billion gold to get geared .
Reply Quote
Everyone says we are a cake class to play I dunno man. I guess you gotta re roll an easy mode barb so uh keep us updated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]