Diablo® III

Want to start hardcore and need tips

I have a 60 wizard, 60 demon hunter, and 52 monk on softcore. I am getting extremely bored by the game so I want to start a hardcore character. I die a lot and am bad.

What is the best setup for a novice like me? Should I be stacking only vit + armor + resists and just needle things down? Is there one character that is easier for bad players?
Reply Quote
Emphasize vita, though don't totally neglect dps, always take your time. Overlevel and overgear areas. That will be enough to get you through normal after which you'll have a better idea yourself.
Reply Quote
Patience. If you regularly drop below half life at any point for any reason you're probably going to fast and are asking to get killed. Hardcore is all about being honest with yourself and your progress.

And yes, try to get Vitality on every piece of gear- make it a priority.
Reply Quote
This is kind of a piggy back question here but since you said it will get you through normal does that mean that HC mode goes to nightmare, hell and inferno as well?
Reply Quote
Killsquad, yes.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Killsquad
This is kind of a piggy back question here but since you said it will get you through normal does that mean that HC mode goes to nightmare, hell and inferno as well?

Hardcore have the same progression yes, it simply means "regular game, with one life and no money-auctions".

My three tips:

1. Take it slow (from end of act two, the beginning is a walk in the park), and don't get stressed if you find a boss that is difficult. Use the environment and retreat if you must, use your allies as meat-shields. Always have a skill available that saves the day (such as serenity in the case of a monk).
2. Use the auction house actively! If you feel like you are low on health, or deal to little damage, use the auction house to improve.
3. Decide not to play bad. If you have reached level 60 multiple times you have it in you to play properly ;]

Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]