Diablo® III

Computer advice

I know the forums here and elsewhere are flooded with similar threads; any help would be appreciated. I am looking at purchasing a new computer, but have a very low budget; my question is this: Will the following machine run Diablo III?

Base Features
Processor Type - AMD A6-3600
Processor Speed - 2.1 GHz
Processor Cores - 4
RAM - 4 GB DDR3 (Exp. To 8 GB)
Hard Drive Capacity - 500 GB @ 7200 RPM
Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6530D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It can run D3, but not very optimal. Define "low budget". How much can you spend?
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is not the highest requirement game out there, graphically or otherwise - provided you don't max every setting, you should be fine. One of our older gaming machines has less cpu power than you, and a rather older video card, and it still plays just fine on lower settings, which still provide a great play experience.

You should be able to get a machine for ~ US $500 (not including a display) that will easily play the game. I've heard of people managing it on ~$300 (again, that 300 doesn't include a monitor though.)

If your budget is higher than $500, so much the better. You could build a machine that would let you max the settings for maybe $1200. Anywhere in between there and you're golden.

EDIT: I read a bit more, and I would give the following advice: Try to go for a better video card. For only a little more money, you can get significantly better, and frankly that's going to count more for being able to play the game than the CPU. I like nVidia, but if you prefer AMD, the Radeon HD 7770 is a great card for the money, which should be around US $135. Also I hear good things about the 6850 and 6870.

If you need to get every dollar you can off the price, on the cheaper end there's the Radeon 6770 - also a good bargain, and still meets the RECOMMENDED (not minimum) requirements for D3.
Edited by Jase#1891 on 6/1/2012 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]