Diablo® III

Why do demon hunters suck?

85 Orc Rogue
Yes the damage output is huge, but getting one shot by just about anything if you aren't paying attention for half a second is just stupid. Anybody else got any problems with it?
Reply Quote
You have a spammable defensive ability. Use it.

If you're complaining about being a DH, I'd love to see you play witch doctor. Enjoy having your only defensive skill on a 15 sec cooldown.
Edited by Enzyqt on 6/1/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No problems at all, I just don't stand in the middle of the melee so I just happen to not die constantly.
Reply Quote
It's pretty stupid. People see the damage or the videos of when things go well and cry OP but we're the hardest class to get to a point where we don't die in one hit from about everything.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Hassohappa
but we're the hardest class to get to a point where we don't die in one hit from about everything.

Pretty much all classes are like this. Stop acting like you're the only one that is susceptible to damage.
Reply Quote
While I will agree that DHs have it hard with needing to forego all survivability stats in order to stay alive (by killing before something gets near you), they have it way better than WDs. I made my WD, who is on Belial, before my DH. I would take the defensive abilities of a DH over a WD any day. They are better by far.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Enzyqt
but we're the hardest class to get to a point where we don't die in one hit from about everything.

Pretty much all classes are like this. Stop acting like you're the only one that is susceptible to damage.

Demon Hunters are the hardest to get to that point. Stop acting like other classes don't have more mitigation options.
Reply Quote
Every class in this game would trade their best 2 abilities for smoke screen. It requires 12 discipline, so you can do it 4 times in a row, assuming you are not a retard who doesn't run two steps back between the tiny cooldown, then you can use preparation to do it 4 more times (%30 of the time you will be able to do it at least 4 more times because of the prep rune). There is no other class who can:
- Stand still and dps non stop for 16 seconds of ~25 seconds while having the best damage output in the game.
-Fail 8 times(stand still and get hit by a mob or stand on fire or stand still to get mortared, you choose) and get saved by an ability 8 times in ~25 seconds.

I think it's unfair to compare range with melee even though monk and barbarian classes are in an absolute horrible shape comparing to DH. So if you compare mitigation with wizard, they have diamond skin that absorbs 20k dmg every 15 seconds where they get one shot through. Force armor is useless now because act 3-4 mobs hit for ~70k, so there is no mitigation. WD can invis every 15 seconds and then die.

I personally don't want nerfs because DH nerfs won't make my gaming experience better but please stop pretending like you have it very hard, you get one shot and the class takes a lot of skill etc. There is no skill involved when one ability makes you immune 2/3 of an entire combat every single time. Just be happy you picked the best class by far.
Reply Quote
You misspelled Barbarian in your title. ftfy
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Smoke screen does nothing if I'm dead by the time I can hit the button
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Stabynarwhal
Yes the damage output is huge, but getting one shot by just about anything if you aren't paying attention for half a second is just stupid. Anybody else got any problems with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
Reply Quote
Enjoy your One Shoot KO power at a cost of continuous force back, good luck.
Reply Quote
Every class in this game would trade their best 2 abilities for smoke screen. It requires 12 discipline, so you can do it 4 times in a row, assuming you are not a retard who doesn't run two steps back between the tiny cooldown, then you can use preparation to do it 4 more times (%30 of the time you will be able to do it at least 4 more times because of the prep rune). There is no other class who can:
- Stand still and dps non stop for 16 seconds of ~25 seconds while having the best damage output in the game.
-Fail 8 times(stand still and get hit by a mob or stand on fire or stand still to get mortared, you choose) and get saved by an ability 8 times in ~25 seconds.

I think it's unfair to compare range with melee even though monk and barbarian classes are in an absolute horrible shape comparing to DH. So if you compare mitigation with wizard, they have diamond skin that absorbs 20k dmg every 15 seconds where they get one shot through. Force armor is useless now because act 3-4 mobs hit for ~70k, so there is no mitigation. WD can invis every 15 seconds and then die.

I personally don't want nerfs because DH nerfs won't make my gaming experience better but please stop pretending like you have it very hard, you get one shot and the class takes a lot of skill etc. There is no skill involved when one ability makes you immune 2/3 of an entire combat every single time. Just be happy you picked the best class by far.

Actually, if you're going to get so matter of factly about this you better have your story straight.

First off it costs 14 discipline to activate something that lasts 1.5 seconds (With lingering fog), even with backup plan you're only getting 4 casts unless you roll that lucky 30%. you get 6 seconds average of kite/dps time which you cant just stand still to deliver, you have to take into account your position and the mobs you're trying to face because that timer is up plenty quick. Your point about DH not taking skill holds no water either.

Your numbers are wrong, fix it.
Reply Quote

Thanks for proving that you're absolutely clueless on the subject.
Reply Quote

I'm not saying we suck. But you have no idea what you are talking about. Give me something that makes me invulnerable for 25 seconds then i'll trade my best 5 abilities for that.
Edited by Seraad#2628 on 6/1/2012 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue

wtf kinda post is that. Smokescreen can never be used to be able to stand still and turret anymore because THE only times its useful is when your about to be hit, and that usually means mobs are coming after you and if you cant kill them in 1.5 seconds you have to spend ur smokescreen to move or your dead.

While im not complaining DHs are underpowered or anything im just letting people know that smokescreen is no where near as awesome as they think it is currently. Not to mention to use it with preparation it takes 2 out of 6 skill slots and if u want to use it that much you have no discipline to spend on any other skills that use discipline.
Edited by Lockington#1368 on 6/1/2012 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ROFL, nice yall ripped him a new one for coming here with some bro-science
Reply Quote
retarded reasoning here guys, its like saying monk is having hardest time at ranged attacks when you say demon hunter is the hardest to make immortal.. oh really, very surprising.

the real problem is DH/Wiz/WD with some brain can farm act 3-4 with focus, melee classes have to wait 1-3 months to get the gear and even then can only farm it at a very slow rate compared to the ranged classes.
Reply Quote
I am a DH and I hate dying but thats just how the game is developed.
As of right now DH does a lot of DPS but we all die in 1 hit regardless of how many vit and resist we have, it all becomes pointless after Act 2.

We just have to suck it up and play the game the way its been made. Blizz won't bend to making the game easier, cuz that'll go against their game development.

The only thing they will do is nerf or remove skills, thats about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]