Diablo® III

Why do demon hunters suck?

thats why i love DH you have to be quick and can't loose focus..... A lot better then barb tank that just run in and just press every key at once.... DH takes skill bro
Reply Quote
Yes the damage output is huge, but getting one shot by just about anything if you aren't paying attention for half a second is just stupid. Anybody else got any problems with it?

Then don't not pay attention.
Reply Quote
Every class in this game would trade their best 2 abilities for smoke screen. It requires 12 discipline, so you can do it 4 times in a row, assuming you are not a retard who doesn't run two steps back between the tiny cooldown, then you can use preparation to do it 4 more times (%30 of the time you will be able to do it at least 4 more times because of the prep rune). There is no other class who can:
- Stand still and dps non stop for 16 seconds of ~25 seconds while having the best damage output in the game.
-Fail 8 times(stand still and get hit by a mob or stand on fire or stand still to get mortared, you choose) and get saved by an ability 8 times in ~25 seconds.

I think it's unfair to compare range with melee even though monk and barbarian classes are in an absolute horrible shape comparing to DH. So if you compare mitigation with wizard, they have diamond skin that absorbs 20k dmg every 15 seconds where they get one shot through. Force armor is useless now because act 3-4 mobs hit for ~70k, so there is no mitigation. WD can invis every 15 seconds and then die.

I personally don't want nerfs because DH nerfs won't make my gaming experience better but please stop pretending like you have it very hard, you get one shot and the class takes a lot of skill etc. There is no skill involved when one ability makes you immune 2/3 of an entire combat every single time. Just be happy you picked the best class by far.

You clearly don't play a DH in inferno.
Reply Quote
90% of my deaths are due to server lag and rubberbanding. 10% of my deaths are all me.
Reply Quote
O noes, a class that requires skill to stay alive, what is wrong with you blizzard.
Reply Quote
I agree with what the OP sais but not only for DH, but for every class in the game. The way the game is played at Inferno is how can I fit every bit of "oh !@#$" button in my ability bar and survive long enough so I don't have to come back X amount of times just to finish off some pack of champions.

Saying that we have the skills to survive this kind of damage is just removing as many as fun skill as possible just to survive, which is a design flaw in my opinion. Yeah, I can have every defensive skill on my bar, but this is going to get old after a while. I mean, I can pretty change any skill on a new farm run, why should I stick to the same one?

Let's hope that 1.03 will bring some sens into this one shotting garbage that we have now.
Reply Quote
At least u can kill things while dying.

Monks with the SAME gear compared to any DH on the other hand....
Reply Quote
do you even lift?
Reply Quote
Alright, over the past few days i decided i would play my demon hunter. I invested the same amount of gold on this demon hunter as my others.
My barbarian rick rolls everything, I have around 700 all resist and like 6 ls. All i have to do there is hit sprint run around and ww.
My witch doctor is pretty easy mode as well, sitting around 800 all resist and I have manajumas dagger for ls and i just spam zombie bears.
My demon hunter has 550 all resist and gets insta gibbed by mostly everything, waller mortar, any combo u want. Especially reflect damage health link, even with gloom up i kill myself instantly.

My monk has 900 all resist, 2800 life on hit, and can clear everything without any difficulty at all.

(i play on mp4 solo)
(i dont have a wizard)
Reply Quote
wtf did I just read >_<

NNNNNNECRO POST! >_< This is a 5 month OLD topic.. dude.. why'd resu it.. its definitely not the case anymore >_<
Reply Quote
Alright, over the past few days i decided i would play my demon hunter. I invested the same amount of gold on this demon hunter as my others.
My barbarian rick rolls everything, I have around 700 all resist and like 6 ls. All i have to do there is hit sprint run around and ww.
My witch doctor is pretty easy mode as well, sitting around 800 all resist and I have manajumas dagger for ls and i just spam zombie bears.
My demon hunter has 550 all resist and gets insta gibbed by mostly everything, waller mortar, any combo u want. Especially reflect damage health link, even with gloom up i kill myself instantly.

My monk has 900 all resist, 2800 life on hit, and can clear everything without any difficulty at all.

(i play on mp4 solo)
(i dont have a wizard)

^This is exactly how I feel. I've rolled every single character up to 60 twice - and though I enjoy playing my DH the most (Huge fun factor), the other classes are definitely far better when geared equally, or even less geared.
Reply Quote
I love playing dh! High dps and you can't play like a scrub. What's not to like?
Reply Quote
Wait a minute, people still use smokescreen lool?

THat skill is utterly pointless.

1.5 secs of immortality is nothing.

SP-gloom is where the best defensive skill for DH is.

5 secs of close to immortality is much better tradeoff.

vault + gloom is the only 2 defensive skills you need.

Don't need prep either. Use nightstalker or get legacy nats. Don't waste a skill spot just for a disc refill.
Reply Quote
wtf did I just read >_<

NNNNNNECRO POST! >_< This is a 5 month OLD topic.. dude.. why'd resu it.. its definitely not the case anymore >_<

Fuuuuuuuu!!! dude, i got tricked as well. haha!
Reply Quote
Wait a minute, people still use smokescreen lool?

THat skill is utterly pointless.

1.5 secs of immortality is nothing.

SP-gloom is where the best defensive skill for DH is.

5 secs of close to immortality is much better tradeoff.

vault + gloom is the only 2 defensive skills you need.

Don't need prep either. Use nightstalker or get legacy nats. Don't waste a skill spot just for a disc refill.

There are times that you could've wished it was Smoke instead of Gloom.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Stabynarwhal
Yes the damage output is huge, but getting one shot by just about anything if you aren't paying attention for half a second is just stupid. Anybody else got any problems with it?

The problem is user error, not the DH class.

Stop sucking?
Reply Quote
Do I die? Sometimes.

Do most of the monsters 1 shot me? Definitely not. My DH can take multiple shots and my DPS is @ 140k unbuffed.
Reply Quote
Omg another useless thread with someone complaining that they die too much. Why is it that by now that no one realizes all classes get obliterated into the ground with no defensive stats.

<----- Hey guys what's going on. Demon Hunter here that face tanks stuff and doesn't complain about Smokescreen because I do not use it.

Stop complaining, play the game, and get upgrades. It's what the entire game is about. Little fact for ya... just so ya know I ran with 200 resists and 20k hp like 4 months ago. I got 1 shot by almost everything. And if you wanna blame patches, my buddy right NOW has 25k hp and 250 resists. He gets 1-2 shot by almost everything. In my current gear and build I stand in melee range, take little damage, and blow stuff up.

Stop complaining about the class, stop complaining about abilities, get off the forums, and play the damn game to get better gear so you can see your complaints are absolutely worthless.

Get defensive gear and then work your way up in dps. Playing glass cannon nowadays is freakin retarded with all the changes. It used to make sense when you were gonna get 1 shot for 80k in the first month anyway but that is nowhere near the case now.

I swear to god the reason why everyone is under this delusion that the game sucks is simply because "they're doing it wrong".

The game got so much better than what it was in May and I for one enjoy the hack and slash. Go back in your hole and find something else to get your underwear in a twist about.

P.S. - Stop trying to pro it up in Monster Power 7 or 8 or whatever super hero mode you think you're capable of in your subpar gear and stick to a level you can handle instead of claiming your class is broken.

P.S.S / Edit: I realize the OP was months ago but the topic got revived and my statement goes out to all the current Demon Hunters who still make the claim that DHs are broken and weak.

/endrant
Edited by Sanoku#1417 on 11/13/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Gotta agree. DH is far from broken. I play MP7 98% of the time. Do I die? Yea. But I play that MP for the challenge. When I do die its because I screwed up. I missed a gloom, I got to close to a big pack, etc. Thats part of the game. If no one died, the game wouldnt be challenging. If you want a cake walk go back to normal difficulty. I hate it when people blame the fact that a game is difficult on the designer. If the game is difficult, not impossible, thank the designer. If you want to face tank mp10 you probably picked the wrong class. Thats not what the DH was designed to do.
Reply Quote
If there where any character that would be considered a skill base character it would be a Glass Cannon DH. They don't suck, it just requires a drastically different playstyle. You really have to pay attention to what your doing.

If you like Face tanking and being in the frey the a DH is not for you. You really have to move with a DH and not everyone can play that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]