Diablo® III

Can't dye legendaries...

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Gimme a break, Boj Anglers look terrible.
Seriously, Blizzard cramping my style all day.
It's a weird thing to complain about, but really, I think it's a huge oversight that you can't dye legendaries. Oh great, I just spent 50k on abysmal dyes only to have my character look like crap because I can't change their awful blue boots.

It's a small issue, but not really.

true, but complaining about this is somewhat of a breath of fresh air in this forum. sadly.

yeah, i too would like to see this changed.
This problem and the fact that some gear looks nasty. I said it in another post. They should have one of the artisans to reskin items with the skins we like. AION has it and it was awesome, also a good way to made gold by selling rare skins people want.
Edited by RipperNyght#1509 on 6/2/2012 3:51 PM PDT
They are Unique items, Legendaries is just a WoW-friendly term. Get over it.
It's really not a huge deal when you only have one legendary, you can just build your outfit around it's color. But more than one? Walking around with a gold mask and blue boots, you just look like a freak. I'm not even gonna bother getting a Beckon Sail, bringing a third one into the mix would be fashion suicide.
06/02/2012 03:51 PMPosted by RipperNyght
This problem and the fact that some gear looks nasty. I said it in another post. They should have one of the artisans to reskin items with the skins we like. AION has it and it was awesome, also a good way to made gold by selling rare skins people want.

Yeah, speaking about weapons, Won Khim Lau is very bland... Sun keeper looks great though.
you equip legendaries?
06/02/2012 04:01 PMPosted by demaxxus
you equip legendaries?

If they're good, why not? I had a pair of kickass legendary boots that lasted me from hell to the start of inferno. Until that point there was nothing that came close to the benefits I was getting, so not wearing them would've been silly.

I feel like people really get carried away with the "legendaries are terrible" propaganda. Quite a few of them are BiS.
+1

A bizzare constraint, that you can't dye legendaries. Unique helms have always been terribly ugly (Tarnhelm, anyone?), and I thought that vanishing dye was one of the greatest design innovations of the game.

If you want to ensure that other players would be impressed with our gear, why not remove the range restriction from inspect?
.ecitsuj noihsaf rof pmuB

And have you seen the Shenlongs? When I equipped those red boxing gloves, my brain went numb, it couldn't figure out what it plays: Tekken or a fantasy game.

Can't dye weapons, though. :(
Edited by Markus#2413 on 6/7/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Dye the rest of your armor blue? Profit.
You people really need to learn to pay attention to the news from Blizz.

They already said that this was a tech oversight and that it was going to be looked into why it wasn't working and fix it.
Community Manager
I have the same issue. Why hasn't this been hotfixed???

It's unfortunately not that easy.

Andrew Chambers (senior game designer for Diablo III) addressed this question yesterday here:

I just chatted with our awesome artists about this the other day! We currently have some tech restrictions that make it unfeasible for us to [allow players to dye legendaries]. We definitely want to allow this though, and we are looking at solving the tech issues related to it.
What "tech" issue would that be because they are unique items?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]