Diablo® III

HDD Major-Stuttering Solved (Second Thread)

I do not have a Flashdrive on hand, but I have an external HDD with a USB 2.0 connection. Would this work the same?
Reply Quote
So, no updates from Blizzard on this issue... 1.03 will be a fix, maybe ?
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Lonewolf
im still getting aroudn 10-14 fps while playing. is this normal? or is it just lag?

This is really low. I wonder if you are playing this game on an integrated graphics card ?
If your answer is (I don't know) or (Yes), then this is normal.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Zero

Really looking forward to 1.0.3, mainly to be able to play Act 3 inferno with three other people without having to die all the time.

However, I have a feeling that 1.0.3 will address major game-play issues, but I don't think it will address this stuttering problem.

Like many of us have said, this is a major software architecture problem, which will require lots of testing. Also, no one is quite sure what exactly is causing this problem to occur on one computer and not on another.

I recommend investing into a 16GB flash drive ~$15, and when they fix it, you can use the flash drive for other purposes.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Dwolfwood
do not have a Flashdrive on hand, but I have an external HDD with a USB 2.0 connection. Would this work the same?

There's no hurt in trying. Some people have reported that it worked for them. Just try it, and let us know how it went for you.
Reply Quote
I didnt have an USB flash driver, just a external HDD with usb connection. So, i gave it a try. With a really really skeptical face i logge dinto D3 and played a round...a round of stutter and lagg-free Diablo 3....

I cant tell you if i should laugh all the time or cry all the time. I could laugh at the incompetent workers at the blizz-HQ for releasing such a game...or i could simply cry happy tears because finally my D3 is "working as intended". A big big buddy-hug to the thread opener. you saved me some hard raging D3 hours ^.^

to all othe rpeople, try this fix out. it really helps ALOT. ofcourse you ahve some stutters at start, when the game loads everything, but after like 15sec its so smooth and soft...like a pillow made out of heaven-feathers XD
Reply Quote
I also dont have a 16 GB USB flash drive, so i used my external HDD and it didnt work for me. Still getting stuttering problems.
I am afraid that if i do buy a usb flash drive i will still have the same problem :(
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Kanistro
I am afraid that if i do buy a usb flash drive i will still have the same problem :(

The Flash drive solution has worked for every single person.

If you want to be absolutely sure before you purchase a Flash drive, you need to check your RRT in resource monitor. Put the game in windowed mode, and open resource monitor (or type "res" in windows start menu). You will need to monitor the read response time (RRT) under HDD-tab. If your RRT is above 10ms, then the flash drive will help you. If your RRT is below 5ms, then you have a different problem.
Reply Quote
I also dont have a 16 GB USB flash drive, so i used my external HDD and it didnt work for me. Still getting stuttering problems.

you have the minimum configuration requirement ?
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements
http://www.brainlazy.com/article/video-games/diablo-3-graphics-card-video-card-enough/

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

The only person for whom it did not work did not have the system requirements for the game...
Edited by Constasio#1308 on 6/18/2012 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have something to tell you. This is to all people which the USB fix didn't work.

Two days ago I was doing some stuff on my computer, mainly tinkering with settings. I disabled the "Cool n quiet" feature on my amd procesor and now I have a stutter free d3! I tested it for few hours and passed through 2 acts on hell difficulty and no stuttering at all. The USB fix was a 70% success for me. It was better but the stuttering was still present. Now I don't have any problems.

I don't know how this feature is called on Intel processors but I'm pretty sure they have something similliar. Disabling this feature makes your processors clock constant. The multiplier stops changing.

I also tested it on my main HDD and my second HDD which is a simple IDE, the change on the main is noteciable but the stuttering still occurs but on the second one the game is 90% stutter free. I think if I had a faster HDD without the system on it I could run really smooth without the USB. Try it guys and we can see if it works for you.

You can disable this feature in your BIOS.

P.S. I now have d3 on almost full settings with about 50FPS average :).
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Edstroyer

The Flash drive solution has worked for every single person.

If you want to be absolutely sure before you purchase a Flash drive, you need to check your RRT in resource monitor. Put the game in windowed mode, and open resource monitor (or type "res" in windows start menu). You will need to monitor the read response time (RRT) under HDD-tab. If your RRT is above 10ms, then the flash drive will help you. If your RRT is below 5ms, then you have a different problem.

Wow, thank you! I will try when i get home, thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Thanks for posting this. I went from running at 100+ FPS down to 40-80 after the patch, where it would often drop below 10 during combat. Went and bought a 16GB flash drive to give this a shot and I'm running a lot better now. Most of the time I'm over 100 FPS, but I've noticed it cut down to ~50 in big piles of mobs which is very manageable until Blizzard can get their !@#$ fixed.
Reply Quote
Patch 1.03 is tomorrow. I hope some sort of fix is included, or at least helps with the stuttering. I really don't want to have to buy a 16gb flash drive.
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Ayperos
Patch 1.03 is tomorrow. I hope some sort of fix is included, or at least helps with the stuttering. I really don't want to have to buy a 16gb flash drive.

I would like that as well, but with blizzard there is no hope. Only discouragement and let downs.
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Edstroyer

Really looking forward to 1.0.3, mainly to be able to play Act 3 inferno with three other people without having to die all the time.

However, I have a feeling that 1.0.3 will address major game-play issues, but I don't think it will address this stuttering problem.

Like many of us have said, this is a major software architecture problem, which will require lots of testing. Also, no one is quite sure what exactly is causing this problem to occur on one computer and not on another.

I recommend investing into a 16GB flash drive ~$15, and when they fix it, you can use the flash drive for other purposes.

Yes, I am alredy using a flash drive. It works great, smooth gameplay.
Just wondering about stuttering fix because 1.03 notes says something about bug fixes and "quality of life enhancements".
Reply Quote
I also have this problem, it's so tedious and ridicolous... my computer is high end but no SSD still. I can't understand why they don't resolve this bug.
Reply Quote
I can't understand why they don't resolve this bug.

Reply Quote
06/18/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Hedgehog

I would like that as well, but with blizzard there is no hope. Only discouragement and let downs.

From the patch notes 1.03:

Bug Fixes

General

"Several performance improvements have been made to both the PC and Mac client"

Please let it fix this!!!
Reply Quote
thanks for posting, sounds like a great fix which i'll try later after the patch.

a question: do you have to rename the original folder back before each patch, and then copy stuff over to the thumbdrive again?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]