Diablo® III

butcher glitch?

well, i just died hardcore inferno on the butcher. really lame. but the reason i died was that about 2 minutes into the fight the entire floor started burning, not 1 square would stop so there was no way to curb the incoming damage. is this a glitch or a mechanism built into inferno to screw people over...?
Reply Quote
No it's a mechanism for learn2play.
Reply Quote
You can stand on the bottom of the map without gettign flame dmg...
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:31 PMPosted by MoonUnit
well, i just died hardcore inferno on the butcher. really lame. but the reason i died was that about 2 minutes into the fight the entire floor started burning, not 1 square would stop so there was no way to curb the incoming damage. is this a glitch or a mechanism built into inferno to screw people over...?

Thats his enrage timer. You need to be faster.
Reply Quote
It's an "enrage timer" meaning he needs to be killed before that time elapses. This is a result of your gear not being up to scratch, unfortunately, or your skill choices/ usage not being enough to succeed.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
It's a DPS check, basically. If you build super tanky and neglect DPS, it's very difficult to kill the Butcher before the entire floor is on fire.
Reply Quote
Kill him faster.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Windforce
It's another gear check. Blizzard's way of saying, "you need to use the RMAH."

LOL more like don't kill him in lvl 50 blues and you beat the timer.
Reply Quote
You guys are missing what he wrote.

but the reason i died was that about 2 minutes into the fight the entire floor started burning

2 minute enrage timer? Probably a bug. Hopefully it won't happen to you again.
Reply Quote
thats so stupid, i had pretty good gear. i was a monk and my dps was a bit low because i had to build somewhat tanky, so i only had him down to about 2/3 hp. that is waaay too fast of a rage timer. also, i didnt know i could stand on the bottom and not get hit. if thats true im gonna be mad haha
Reply Quote
As has been stated to death, it's the "time limit" you have to kill him. Having the specs required to simply soak the damage he's dishing out at that diff in addition to the floor being on fire borders on insanity to me.

EDIT: Two minutes? I believe it. Not sure I've ever had a fight with the Butcher last more than 1.5 minutes.
Edited by amonvenger#1432 on 6/8/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys are missing what he wrote.

but the reason i died was that about 2 minutes into the fight the entire floor started burning

2 minute enrage timer? Probably a bug. Hopefully it won't happen to you again.

It's 3 minutes actually.
Reply Quote
i had 400 all res, 45k hp, 5.2k armor and 6k dps. is that too low?? i was all rares mostly lvl 59 and 60 with good stats. fffuuu i dont feel like starting again now
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:39 PMPosted by MoonUnit
i had 400 all res, 45k hp, 5.2k armor and 6k dps. is that too low?? i was all rares mostly lvl 59 and 60 with good stats. fffuuu i dont feel like starting again now

Took me 11.5K dps on my monk to get him down but my build/gear is super defensive with little (no) spirit dumps.

At 7.5K dps I just wasn't able to burn him down fast enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]