Diablo® III

butcher glitch?

You guys are missing what he wrote.

but the reason i died was that about 2 minutes into the fight the entire floor started burning

2 minute enrage timer? Probably a bug. Hopefully it won't happen to you again.

You're assuming that's not an exaggeration. It likely is.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:36 PMPosted by MoonUnit
thats so stupid, i had pretty good gear. i was a monk and my dps was a bit low because i had to build somewhat tanky, so i only had him down to about 2/3 hp. that is waaay too fast of a rage timer. also, i didnt know i could stand on the bottom and not get hit. if thats true im gonna be mad haha

butcher has 2.7M hp and the enrage is 3minute.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
06/08/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Windforce
It's another gear check. Blizzard's way of saying, "you need to use the RMAH."
I love this argument. The RMAH doesn't even exist yet, how are they forcing you to use it?
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Asura
thats so stupid, i had pretty good gear. i was a monk and my dps was a bit low because i had to build somewhat tanky, so i only had him down to about 2/3 hp. that is waaay too fast of a rage timer. also, i didnt know i could stand on the bottom and not get hit. if thats true im gonna be mad haha

butcher has 2.7M hp and the enrage is 3minute.

ok maybe it was 3 mins, i didnt have a stopwatch on me. but seriously, how is that even fair? if your numbers are right, 27 000 000hp/180s = 150 000dps..??? my question is why is there even a rage timer at all?
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Descretoria
It's another gear check. Blizzard's way of saying, "you need to use the RMAH."
I love this argument. The RMAH doesn't even exist yet, how are they forcing you to use it?

oh and there wont even be an rmah in hardcore haha
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:39 PMPosted by MoonUnit
6k dps. is that too low??
i have 6k on my lvl 50 wizard... with level 40 gear.... so, maybe?
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Drizzle404
6k dps. is that too low??

>wizard

there ya go
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:52 PMPosted by MoonUnit

>wizard

there ya go
ah, one of those [not my class] is overpowered and easy to play, but [my class] cant reach that high. im pretty sure i can name all the classes i play and youd use the same line.

/waves hands dismissively
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:48 PMPosted by MoonUnit
ok maybe it was 3 mins, i didnt have a stopwatch on me. but seriously, how is that even fair? if your numbers are right, 27 000 000hp/180s = 150 000dps..??? my question is why is there even a rage timer at all?
2.7 million, not 27 million.

The enrage timer is there to force you to play offensively if you don't overgear the place.
Edited by Corpsie#1783 on 6/8/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Corpsie

The enrage timer is there to force you to play offensively if you don't overgear the place.

ok, so 15 000dps. still, thats absurd considering how defensive melee classes have to play. i hope this gets fixed in a patch, not that i would play a melee class again.
Reply Quote

ok, so 15 000dps. still, thats absurd considering how defensive melee classes have to play. i hope this gets fixed in a patch, not that i would play a melee class again.

15,000 dps is nothing dude. My monk with 25k life, 8.2k armor, 800 resist all and a lousy non-loh 780ish dps weapon pulls off 16k - and I completely ignore DPS while I gear up. Not even stacking IAS at all. A3 inferno.
Edited by Tubular#1845 on 6/8/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys are missing what he wrote.

but the reason i died was that about 2 minutes into the fight the entire floor started burning

2 minute enrage timer? Probably a bug. Hopefully it won't happen to you again.

Idk maybe the HC enrage timers are more rediculous.
Good to know for HC players!
Reply Quote
You got hooked.
Reply Quote
So sorry :( As others have stated, the floor fire is an enrage timer of sorts.

♥ Annabee
Reply Quote

15,000 dps is nothing dude. My monk with 25k life, 8.2k armor, 800 resist all and a lousy non-loh 780ish dps weapon pulls off 16k - and I completely ignore DPS while I gear up. Not even stacking IAS at all. A3 inferno.

try surviving 5 minutes in hardcore mode with 25k life. my point is that i had to play far tankier then people in normal. also, the ah has far less items since only 4.1% of characters made are hardcore, so its much more difficult to get weapons with that high dps
Reply Quote
You can do it in inferno with a barbarian with about 6k dps. I know because I did it, the thing is you have to stack wotb and earthquake at the beginning, and then do it again asap (eg after 2 minutes)

If you don't kill him by then, well, you'll be either really close or might hit enrage.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 02:01 PMPosted by MoonUnit

You're ignoring two things... DPS as seen in the character info is based on auto attack. Most skills do more than 100% damage. Also, you're ignoring the damage the butcher takes from the floors burning up.

Yes, he takes damage from the room too.

Realistically. you want 10k dps to beat him on inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Sorry about your loss! That is rough ;(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]