Diablo® III

RMAH and Gold Value

So when rmah launches do you guys think it will cause gold to be worthless or change in value at all?
Reply Quote
I have a few hundred put aside for RMAH. I have no intention of griding gold. I'd rather piss away 3-400 bucks over a few months on RMAH for nightly entertainment. I blow 50-100 in a restaurant anyhow.

3 million gold items is a !@#$ing grind and Im not doing that....dont care...

I'll let some poor sap in the third world do the grinding for me thx.

Gold will be worthless.
Edited by Sskai#1623 on 6/8/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looking at the AH and gold spammers in general chat, it seems pretty clear that gold value per dollar is obviously dropping. As a result, prices of gear on AH is also skyrocketing.

Pretty much looks like too many people farming gold, not enough people farming gear.
Reply Quote
Gold value will rise briefly thanks to the RM/G conversion, but ultimately crash. D3 (and 1 and 2) will have unlimited inflation thanks to a game design that doesn't account for multiplayer very well.
Edited by Rhyse#1284 on 6/8/2012 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a few hundred put aside for RMAH. I have no intention of griding gold. I'd rather piss away 3-400 bucks over a few months on RMAH for nightly entertainment.

And this is why AAA titles are becoming pay to win.

Yep, from a gamers perspective, it is wrong. The best people in games will be those like me who have some extra cash.

If I'm willing to give you cash so I can play for a few hours and have a good time a few times a month that will allow you to make a money off me for providing me this service, why wouldint anyone take that. You play 20 hours on a weekend, I give you 100 bucks, you now make 70 bucks for a 24 of beer and a pizza and you give me something in game that will allow me to catch up to your progression. Everyone wins...

I like pay to win model, if the public gamers doing the work are getting some of the money back
Edited by Sskai#1623 on 6/8/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]