Diablo® III

Any reason not to use a Templar as a Wizard?

Seems to keep mobs busy while orb pounds them. Too bad elites don't attack my templar.
Reply Quote
i have that problem too. one thing i like to do for the elites is to get them in a narrow passage and kite them just right so the templar blocks their way and blast them from a distance...works as long as they dont have plague or molten, or teleport
Reply Quote
Templar at 60 is mostly a MF bot for me since he can have MF in his shield slot, and there aren't any weapons with MF afaik. There is a 2h sword with Gold find the enchantress can use though, and her armor buff is simply amazing for certain classes.

I'm a fan of the scoundrel though, use a bow with cold damage and all of his attacks, including multishot, will snare enemies that are hit. This also works with templar/enchantress having a cold damage weapon, but they lack the aoe auto-attack the scoundrel has which gives him an advantage. I also like to use 'chance on hit' gear in my amulet/weapon/shield slot to give my followers some rng CC - Stun/Freeze/Blind are my favorites.. but normally @60 I just fill them up with MF or GF and let them do w/e.
Edited by styr#1955 on 6/10/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Effusion
I'm a fan of the scoundrel though, use a bow with cold damage and all of his attacks, including multishot, will snare enemies that are hit. This also works with templar/enchantress having a cold damage weapon

As far as I've noticed the enchantress converts all attacks to arcane so she doesn't get the snare.

My Enchantress snares just fine with her basic attack.
Reply Quote
I love the templar because I have practically no regen, so that life regen/heal really keeps me alive. (I'm only in hell, and undergeared, so thats a problem too, but the templar negates that for now)
Reply Quote
Entantress adds attack speed with her last spell

Scoundrel has spread shot

Templet is useless
Reply Quote
Templar is best for MF...

1 hander + shield, most possible MF from a follower.

I gear him as a mindless tank and MF (he does basically no damage, which is fine for me)

Im a wizard, obv.
Reply Quote
Followers are useless when it comes to damaging enemies.

Even if your Follower does 1000 dps, he/she is still useless. Monsters in Inferno have 20k+ health, 1000 dps is going to be very insignificant. When I changed my Templar from a damage follower to a Tank Follower, he became much more viable.

He was able to live much longer than before when he had 1000 dps (he only has 600 dps now)

I also like the Templar's skills over the other followers. The health regen per second is not a lot but it does help.

His final skill "Guardian" which heals you for a decent amount of health has always saved my butt in tight situations.
Reply Quote
I geared my Enchantress a fair bit so she does nearly 2.5k DPS base, with her spells she has even been able to kill some Act 1 inferno trash mobs for me. She also rocks through Hell really effectively.
Reply Quote
Followers are useless when it comes to damaging enemies.

Even if your Follower does 1000 dps, he/she is still useless. Monsters in Inferno have 20k+ health, 1000 dps is going to be very insignificant. When I changed my Templar from a damage follower to a Tank Follower, he became much more viable.

Followers' normal attack damage is handicapped, however their abilities are not.
For example, although my enchantress only does 4k damage per normal attack, her knockback attack and AoE (although the tooltip says 50% weapon damage) hit for more than 10k.
Reply Quote
I spent half a million on my templar just finding gear with +vit, and when he hits 100k+ health he gets a whole lot better. It seems like he barely even takes damage now a days. THe next step is to get gear for him with massive vit+dex+str to make him ridiculously tanky.

Also there is a legendary spear that can provide up to 25% magic find that I gave mine.
Reply Quote
I used templar through till inferno, as a wizard his tanking abilities and hp buff helped a lot. but now i'm killing white mobs in act4 inferno, and i realised my templar seems to spend more time dead than alive. the act4 mobs in inferno just kill him too fast so i recently switched to enchantress, being a ranged class she has the sence of keeping back from imminent doom of the inferno act4 mobs, and so she sticks around longer, giving the bonus of amour buff and hexes etc.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same experience that my templar will run into mobs and just die, and then isn't alive to help me in the first place. I started using the enchantress instead, since low grade heals < charming, blinding, and turning all enemies into chickens. Not to mention she gets an armor buff. At least the ranged followers keep away from the enemies.

Oh and the enchantress attack may be arcane but it does still take on the elemental stat of her weapon for whatever reason I have no idea. I know this because mine has been using a sword with cold damage on it and it's still doing that cold damage even with the magic missiles. Before that she was using one with fire and it caused them to explode in fiery pieces when they died.

Even though you really can't rely on followers for dps, if you can manage without the hex power and disorient she also increases attack speed and erosion increases all damage done to enemies temporarily.
Reply Quote
Anyone tried "The Three Hundredth Spear" legendary with Templar? I've seen up to 24% MF on that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]