Diablo® III

How do i get 100+ FPS ??

My laptop

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 320M with 1024 MB
3 GB Ram DDR3
Intel® Core i5-430M/i5-520M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.26/2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.53/2.93 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache

I really need help !!

My Fps now are 20 and the way down :(
Reply Quote
33 Human Paladin
Buy a new laptop. The video card isn't powerful enough to give you decent frames and because it's a laptop, you more than likely can't replace the card
Reply Quote
33 Human Paladin
06/08/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Snatx
Buy a new laptop. The video card isn't powerful enough to give you decent frames and because it's a laptop, you more than likely can't replace the card

I have a Geforce 9600M GT 512Mb DDR3 , that is almost the same as the OP has (it's a little bit better but not that much) and i can run the game at 30fps. I'm using the 301.24 drivers.

Thanks for proving my point. The OP is looking for 100fps
Reply Quote
is it the only way to get 100 fps ??

to buy a new laptop ? :(
Reply Quote
It's highly unlikely you'll reach 100FPS with your laptop. If you're going to get close, put all the graphics settings to minimum, make sure your hard drive is de-fragmented, kill anything running in the background that you don't need. If you have anything like Symantec / McAfee anti-virus running think about ditching it for something less resource hungry. Check your Nvidia settings in the control panel against what people say elsewhere on the board (mainly setting everything to performance mode rather than quality).

100FPS isn't really necessary. 50-60FPS should be adequate as long as it's consistent.
Reply Quote
It's highly unlikely you'll reach 100FPS with your laptop. If you're going to get close, put all the graphics settings to minimum, make sure your hard drive is de-fragmented, kill anything running in the background that you don't need. If you have anything like Symantec / McAfee anti-virus running think about ditching it for something less resource hungry. Check your Nvidia settings in the control panel against what people say elsewhere on the board (mainly setting everything to performance mode rather than quality).

100FPS isn't really necessary. 50-60FPS should be adequate as long as it's consistent.

True as most screens only have a refresh rate of 60HZ so, 60FPS

Good luck!

Sp4z3n3ko
Reply Quote
You will never reach 100fps with that system the CPU is crap and the GPU is garbage.

You need a new desktop.
Reply Quote

Good luck!

Sp4z3n3ko

This.

Also why do people want 100 fps? Unless its an issue of their system should run at 100 FPS and its not I don't see the point. Your eye can't see above 60 fps on average anyway.
Reply Quote
Laptop gaming biggest downside is the GPU.

Specs are usually chopped in half from their desktop counterpart to keep power usage and heat output down.

A top end mobile card will pretty much only getting slightly above mid-range performance when compared to it's desktop counterpart.

The second digit of a model will tell you where in the line it is in performance. In the case of the OP, a "2" means its very low end.

The only laptop that are worth gaming on are ones with very top-of-the-line specs, after that, don't expect much. But then again, with the amount of money you would have to pay for a top-end laptop, you could built a couple desktops for the same price.
Edited by bLuDrGn#1316 on 6/11/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Good luck!

Sp4z3n3ko

This.

Also why do people want 100 fps? Unless its an issue of their system should run at 100 FPS and its not I don't see the point. Your eye can't see above 60 fps on average anyway.

Incorrect. the eye cannot see above 30FPS but can tell a difference in upwards of 100+ FPS.

If you cant see a difference between 30/60 fps and 120 fps than it is obvious that you have never seen it to know the difference.
Reply Quote

This.

Incorrect. the eye cannot see above 30FPS but can tell a difference in upwards of 100+ FPS.

If you cant see a difference between 30/60 fps and 120 fps than it is obvious that you have never seen it to know the difference.

I haven't found a game that my system can't run at 100+ on top of that I recently upgraded my entire box a few months back as it was struggling to run LoL at 20. I've seen FPS all across the board and still don't see a difference in 60 or 120 fps.

And the majority of monitors are locked at 60Hz, making 100fps simply e-peen no matter how you look at it.
Reply Quote

I haven't found a game that my system can't run at 100+ on top of that I recently upgraded my entire box a few months back as it was struggling to run LoL at 20. I've seen FPS all across the board and still don't see a difference in 60 or 120 fps.

And the majority of monitors are locked at 60Hz, making 100fps simply e-peen no matter how you look at it.

Your understanding of how it works is sadly misconstrued.
Reply Quote
Have you tried selling your soul to Satan and using dark magics that require sacrifice of pure souls and chanting?.... If not.. I suggest you try this option and then contact support if it does not go as planned.
Reply Quote
60+fps is some pretty slick !@#$ in comparison to 30, just saiyan, run some old %^-* that has an adjustable FPS cap and.. you can tell the difference trust me.
Reply Quote
For those that think there isn't much of a difference between 30 and 60fps (I know there are still people that think that you can't see more than 30)

Let me know if you can't tell a diff between these

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
Reply Quote
Just to put some input here, laptops (if you put enough into them) are more than capable:

i7-2760QM (forced to run at 3.2ghz at all times)
6990m 2GB Crossfire cards
8gig DDR3 1866mhz Memory

Diablo 3 Maxxed out (1080p), and pulling 160-250fps.

But this just enforces what was said above, ya gotta get a new laptop. And by new, I do not mean a cheap new laptop, it has to have some spine in it and cost more than the bargain ones you can get at Walmart.
Reply Quote
@handyn

hello, wanna ask if
i5 2500k
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H
8gb ddr3 ram
gtx 550ti
600W power
whats the max fps of both i can go to?
Reply Quote
Huh, that depends on if the game decides it wants to stutter on you or not. Better hope it doesn't, especially if you're building/buying just for this game, since Blizzard are playing the whole "meh, this is fiction" card on the problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]