Diablo® III

Say goodbye to D3, RMAH is going to kill it.

It kills me to say this, but RMAH is going to ruin the game. The AHs are going to be separate, of course, with each having their own value, however, RMAH is innately going to be selling better items that the GAH, leaving GAH users in the dust. Decent items will be sold on GAH, while all of the really great ones will be sold on the RMAH. Therefore, say if a 15 year old wants to play inferno, he/she won't be able to complete it, probably even with the difficulty nerf coming up, simply because there wont be any good items available to them within their budget.

Essentially, more mature players will be able to enjoy the game more, whilst leaving younger players w/o a credit card/paypal/etc unable to progress easily in the game. And, due to the rapid inflation of money that is going to occur, GAH users are going to be unable to purchase ANY good gear, if there even is any, simply because it's going to take them 40 hours to farm 10 mil. Then, instead of the game being about farming for good gear for your characters, which you really can't do anyways w/o AH, the game will be about where the most gold drops, who has the most gold, and who's selling the most gold.

I really want to see this game prosper and I have enjoyed it thus far, but as of right now, the game is about to be completely !@#$ed, simply because gold can be sold on the AH. It's going to ruin the game.

TAKE A WARNING BLIZZARD; DON'T ALLOW THE SALE OF GOLD ON THE AH, IT'S GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.

tl;dr
Sale of gold will screw gold AH users, whole game will be based off of a real money AH.
Game is %^-*ed. Meanwhile, Blizzard takes money baths on their HQ lawn.
Edited by desecrate#1507 on 6/10/2012 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think a lot of people knew this up front, including myself.

I don't ever intend to use the RMAH.
Reply Quote
I knew RMAH wouldn't be good, but I hadn't thought about the sale of gold until I read some forum posts today mentioning it. Then I had an epiphany, and realized the game was about to be ruined. :C
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 10:17 AMPosted by ApeX
Here's what is going to happen, and it kills me to say this, but RMAH is going to ruin the game.

You must be a prophet. Tell me, who will win the NBA Finals? I would like to make large sums of money off of you.
Reply Quote
Here's what is going to happen, and it kills me to say this, but RMAH is going to ruin the game.

You must be a prophet. Tell me, who will win the NBA Finals? I would like to make large sums of money off of you.

You must be a contributing member of the forum. Tell me, who gives a shat about the NBA? Not this guy. Haha, I admire your willingness to critique my post; If you must know, originally the post was supposed to be a response to a different thread, so it's a little out of context there. I just copied it over.

EDIT: Fixed it. Happy? :)
Edited by desecrate#1507 on 6/10/2012 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Essentially, more mature players will be able to enjoy the game more, whilst leaving younger players w/o a credit card/paypal/etc unable to progress easily in the game.
Well... The game is rated M for Mature. Maybe younger players were never meant to enjoy the game?
06/10/2012 10:17 AMPosted by ApeX
TAKE A WARNING BLIZZARD; DON'T ALLOW THE SALE OF GOLD ON THE AH, IT'S GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.
Taking business away from Chinese farmers is going to ruin the game? The whole reason they're doing it is because it's going to be done anyway, might as well make is safe and legitimate.
Reply Quote
I really didn't buy much gear on the AH.

A couple rings. I think my amulet. An old 600 dps 1Her, which at the time was 700K, and is now so worthless I can't even sell it (that's what I get for buying early).

Oh, and MF/GF/Companion gear for my Enchantress.

I also haven't sold tons on the AH. I can't be bothered messing with figuring prices on such a volatile system. Every now and then if I get an 800+ DPS weapon I'll stick it up there.

I have a small ring of friends, we trade gear between each other. And craft gear. And if I get a piece with Int or Dex I save it, and so on. Works a treat.

You don't NEED the RMAH. You don't even need the regular AH.

You can, instead, use friends.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0
Reply Quote
I still can't comprehend how people believe that act4 gear is needed to get through the first 3 acts of inferno.

If you couldn't get past act1 with act1 gear, or 2 with 2, or 3 with 3, then the people progressing on hardcore mode could not possibly be progressing.

If people want to spend their real cash on unnecessary virtual items, let them.
Reply Quote
Keep crying, kids.
Reply Quote
Thunder will win. Point is, enjoy the game. If people are willing to invest real life assets into this digital world they deserve what they get since they are investing more into it. Frankly I wont invest real money into this since in a short period of time the game will not have lasting value to me. But for people willing to sink 25-50-100 dollars into the RMAH, they deserve to have the gear the purchase since they invested more into it. Some people have more disposable income. Maybe one day you'll have a well paying job and nothing to sink your money into besides the Diablo 6 RMAH. Or maybe you'll wake up and realize oh its real money, and that stupid 1.1k DPS sword I'm slaying demons with is fake...just enjoy the game bro they will fix Inferno, and if they don't, play Max Payne 3 or some other fun game out there for the time being.
Reply Quote

I have a small ring of friends, we trade gear between each other. And craft gear. And if I get a piece with Int or Dex I save it, and so on. Works a treat.

You don't NEED the RMAH. You don't even need the regular AH.

You can, instead, use friends.

Interesting, I hadn't really thought of that. Well, initially when my friends and I had started, we did do that sort of thing, but the gear was too poor in quality for crafting at lower levels, and not to mention we didn't have adequate money. Maybe I'll give that a shot. However, how do you attain the recipes for better gear? Do you all farm for them?
Reply Quote
All the RMAH will do is change the medium of value exchange from gold to real money. If you can sell some items in the RMAH, then you'll have real money and be able to buy items in the RMAH.

So a tip to people before the RMAH launches:

Use up all of your gold and buy high-valued items. Gold will lose a lot of value in the coming days, but an item's intrinsic value will remain consistent.
Reply Quote
I never understood in a mostly PvE type of game why the RMAH will kill things. Don't use it and don't pay attention to it. Some 10 year old with Mommy's Credit Card isn't screwing you over. People complain about the prices going even higher than they are now... well in my opinion they're so ridiculously high now I won't even bother trying to buy them - so them being inflated more really doesn't make a difference.

Get over it. Stop complaining about things that haven't happened yet and speculating and either post interesting constructive topics, play the game, or just go do something else that entertains you. And as a last point, if complaining on a forums constantly being negative is your entertainment, you lead a pretty sad life.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I'd like to note that neither I nor any of my friends will buy anything off the Real Money Auction House. I don't believe in paying real money for digital items. If I did, I would have simply paid money to buy gold to buy the items on the gold auction house.

As far as what the RMAH will do to gold farming, that is still up for debate. People are already buying and selling gold I don't really see how the RMAH would cause that to plummet to the levels that people think it is going to. You are still doing the same thing, except with the RMAH, you have to pay a fee.....

Several years back, I made a very foolish move and actually purchased a D2 item on ebay. I will never do the same thing on this game. Some people may have gobs of disposable money that they are willing to throw away on gold purchases or item purchases. I don't and even if I did, I don't believe in buying gear with real money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]