Diablo® III

Why do people hate Athene?

I've only heard of this guy since diablo 3 came out. I know he seems kind of cocky in his videos, is this why? What else has he done to deserve all the hate. At least he plays for charities. I saw the 300million hacked video on youtube I thought that was hilarious. Anyways, someone fill me in about this guy?
He is a arrogant annoying guy who uses charity to make his behavior justified.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
He's a bad troll?
He is a famous hardcore gamer who is known for number-crunching and using SCIENCE! to achieve a variety of world firsts

Also he has a hot girlfriend
100 Night Elf Hunter
People are jealous of him, or don't like his attitude.

I've been subscribed to him since his first WoW videos (which are HILARIOUS) back in 2007.

It is all an act, he is a normal and nice guy in real life
I know basically nothing about him at all from my own viewing. From what I have heard here on the forums, however, the vast majority of the items in his possession were given to him by his fans - and he basically begs for stuff from his fans. Then he will make videos where he is extremely, extremely cocky (like, "I JUST KILLED BUTCHER IN 3 SECONDS WITH MY EYES CLOSED THE GUY WHO HELD THE PREVIOUS 5 SECOND RECORD IS A NUB" [paraphrased]), when he has no right to be cocky when he didn't really earn the equipment that he has.

So yeah, that's just what I've heard. But I've also heard he doesn't act like that in his other videos.
I've only seen one video from this guy. And one word to describe him: Cocky.
1. His !@#$y as you mentioned.
2. He thinks his pro because he asked for a bunch of donations so that he could finish the game. (real pro aight?)
3. He exploited a bunch of bugs to finish the game 1st. But as fast as they hot fixed his problem he gave up like a woz.

Don't need more reasons to hate a gamer.

Dude what?
06/08/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Immortal

You are more than clueless, hes playing a *character* that got him famous before he got into gaming. He is not actually like that.
Mostly because he claims to be very skilled "the best player in the world" but really isn't compared to most hardcore gamers. But I don't hate him, he does some nice things sometimes.
Edited by MadCookie#1419 on 6/8/2012 9:12 PM PDT
atleast he makes D3 entertaining to my eyes ;)
100 Draenei Hunter

I hate to say it but this is dead wrong. HE isn't arrogant - he PLAYS an arrogant annoying guy. And apparently he's pretty good at it. He's an actor.
who?
Because he's the best paladin in the world...

Pfsssht around the corner!
06/08/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Eleshakai

I hate to say it but this is dead wrong. HE isn't arrogant - he PLAYS an arrogant annoying guy. And apparently he's pretty good at it. He's an actor.

True this. Him and Swifty and all the other guys are really just very smart business men.
He seems like a nice guy, but I really wish he wouldn't act like that though, completely turned me off.

I do admire his works towards charities and what not, amazing stuff he's doing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]