Diablo® III

Why do people hate Athene?

He's been an attention !@#$% ever since he appeared on Big Brother and will go to extreme lengths to make people know who he is. Even went so far as to try to become "President of Youtube" by having the most subscribers, failed horribly.
i LOL at people who actually think that he is actually annoying like that, hes acting, he has made a lot of serious vids.
100 Night Elf Rogue
06/08/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Kixx
I'm ambivalent towards Athene. The mouthbreathers that make topics about him are who I hate.

No idea who this player is but I am sure you are here just to get his name started on these forums. -5/10 TP's(troll points) TROLL HARDER OR GO HOME
90 Tauren Warrior
athene is a good guy at the core. people who hate on him and troll his youtube channel are the ones who want to be like him but are too fat to achieve it. his gloating is a bit of an act to make his videos more exciting. its not really fun to watch someone do fun things with a frown and sitting like a lump. it doesn't take a genius to figure this out.
Not sure if you guys are aware of this or just !@#$ing stupid, but if you play an annoying arrogant %^-*.... people will think you're an annoying arrogant !@#$.

DERP
100 Orc Warrior
The because.
Edited by Goubatsu#1935 on 6/8/2012 9:21 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Rogue
06/08/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Beat
so he acts like a dbag to be ironic? and people find that hilarious?

Ironic isnt it :)
I dislike his fans more than him.

I find his brand of comedy to be very off-putting and quite elementary. It is something that simply does not appeal to me.

Whether he is nice or not is something I will likely never find out. When you have people hide behind the mask of "actor" without actually being a professional in it... who knows what they really are.
06/08/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Winno
He is a arrogant annoying guy who uses charity to make his behavior justified.

You are more than clueless, hes playing a *character* that got him famous before he got into gaming. He is not actually like that.

Yep, and its that "character" thats got him publicity.. enough so for someone to post and now if you didn't know who he was now you do or you will search and find out. Whats that old saying? There's no such thing as bad press? its all good press.

I personally find alot of his video's pretty entertaining but thinks him the acutal person is lame.
Can someone tell me how he is arrogant and dbag and troll?

I don't watch someone play the game I am supposed to be playing.

Can someone enlighten me and give SPECIFICS, like quoting what he says that makes him arrogant, telling me what he does that makes him a dbag and troll...

Anyone?
He acts like an arrogant dbag because it's entertaining to a lot of people and gets him views. It amazes me at how many people don't know this is an act or hate him because he acts like it. It makes him money, it is no different than an actor who plays a bad guy in a movie. So I ask you this (assuming you watch game of thrones) do you think the actor who plays Joffrey is a little twerp who deserves to die? No, you don't. It's the same thing with Athene it's all an act he just acts by putting videos on youtube instead of in a TV show. Also, this guy has raised last time I checked 820 thousand dollars for charity. Like really? Do you really think a giant d-bag would even bother to raise 1 cent for charity? No, he wouldn't

Anyway, most of the haters are just jealous that hes made something out of his life doing something he loves to do.
Edited by ThatCdnGuy#1232 on 6/8/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Can someone tell me how he is arrogant and dbag and troll?

I don't watch someone play the game I am supposed to be playing.

Can someone enlighten me and give SPECIFICS, like quoting what he says that makes him arrogant, telling me what he does that makes him a dbag and troll...

Anyone?

If you dont watch him wtf do you care?
just from reading this its funny that you guys ahve actually wasted the time to get to know who he is

who cares about some random kid

and whoever gave this kid some free gear wtf is wrong with you??? are you that pathetic???
Edited by Quicktim3#1945 on 6/8/2012 9:29 PM PDT
essentially hes the male equivalent of the ugly kardasian
06/08/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Immortal
He is a arrogant annoying guy who uses charity to make his behavior justified.

Or uses his popularity to do good. Look at it in more than one way next time.
06/08/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Marshall
I've only heard of this guy since diablo 3 came out. I know he seems kind of cocky in his videos, is this why? What else has he done to deserve all the hate. At least he plays for charities. I saw the 300million hacked video on youtube I thought that was hilarious. Anyways, someone fill me in about this guy?

As far as I can see there are two types of people in the world:

1.) Those that like Athene and everything he does for dem kids

2.) Those that are jealous.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]