Diablo® III

Need help with Graphics Card selection...

Hey there folks. I know this may seem like a "noob" question, so please bear with me on this. I recently purchased Diablo III for my PC and found out that I need to upgrade my graphics card.I have been trying to search the web for a good card at the right price, but there are so many cards that the task is quite daunting for someone as inexperienced as myself. I hoping to stay under the $150.00 price range and not have to replace the PS.
Here is a run down of my PC's specs...

HP Pavilion p6210y
AMD athlon II X4 620 Processor (4 CPUs) 2.6 GHz
6GB system memory (5.75 usable)
64-bit Operating System
640 GB HD
300 watt PS

Pegatron Motherboard: microATX - 9.6 inches x 9.6 inches
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 (integrated)
4 x DDR2 memory sockets
Front side bus speeds: 5200MT/s (5.2 GT/s)
1 PCI express x16 slot for graphics card
3 PCI express x1 slots

I am hoping to find a card that will run the game with mid level settings on 300 watt PS (and hopefully cost under $150.00) I also dont want to have to replace my power supply or buy a whole new rig. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
300W, so I assume fat mid tower?

Then Radeon HD 7750 will do for you
Reply Quote
300W, so I assume fat mid tower?

Then Radeon HD 7750 will do for you

You're assumption is correct sir! I was only worried about it not working with a 300 watt power supply. On TomsHardware, they say that the Max TDP is 55 Watts for that specific card. Would that work well with my current set-up?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, it will work just fine
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Kalganized
Yes, it will work just fine

Thank you for the help good sir!
Reply Quote
I honestly recommend that you don't just pick up the minimum graphics card that will run with a 300 watt power supply for under 150 bucks to run this game. You can spend an extra 70 dollars and make this game and other games in the future look phenomenal. It would be a waste of money to not do so. Thats just my opinion.

I built my first custom computer in 2008 on a 500 dollar budget and made it run WoW at 60 FPS constant. Not too bad for the time. Just letting you know this for when you consider my opinion.

First off, you're going to need to upgrade that power supply if you plan on running a good video card. If you're going to make the graphics better, you need to do it right. Otherwise if you disagree, good luck to you and ignore the rest of this post.

I'd recommend a 650 to 750 watt minimum PSU. Make sure it comes with all of the power connectors that match your system. (That can get a little tricky if you don't know too much. Since you know your motherboard's information, google it and get more specs on what kind of power connectors it uses.)

Heres a good power supply for 90 bucks:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

ATI Radeon cards are pretty good, I've had a little trouble with them in the past. I prefer Nvidia. To run this game under 150 bucks looking beautiful, I'd recommend this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625&cm_sp=Cat_Video_Cards_%26%2338%3b_Video_Devices-_-Best_Sellers-_-14-130-625

Thats the EVGA Nvidia Geforce 550 GTX 1 GB. AMAZING video card for its price. Fits into a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot. $129.00 before the rebate. Also make sure your motherboard has a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot.

These two items should make your computer run D3 great. Feel free to take a look at newegg.com for more options or as you learn more about your current setup and its requirements. Hope this all helped.
Edited by Fork#1369 on 6/9/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Might want to know 550 Ti performs about the same as HD 7750
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]