Diablo® III

Power of the Light

If Akarat wasnt visited by an angel,as Deckad Cain said,why is that the templars and paladins are able to use their holy magic?What is the source of this power?

And where the Archangel Yaerius come from exactly?It is mentioned in the Black Road that that it was NOT memeber of the Angiris Council,and I think he (or she) probably dont even come from the High Heavens.(Probably,becuase than we would already heard about it) But then where it comes from?

In the games and in the books there are often mentioned the Light as single power which?

I suggest that the High Heavens are not the only place where angels exist.

What is your opinion?

(Sorry for my english,I try to improve it.)
Edited by Freedy1322#2402 on 6/11/2012 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Perhaps, "the light" is just an element, a facet of magic, that possibly and ultimately originates from the Crystal Arch.
Reply Quote
It is written on the diablo wiki that the light is not equal with energy of the Arch,but it is the remantmants of this greater power.

DescriptionEdit

Apparently a primal and ancient force that is the embodiment of all that the High Heavens and the Angels themselves fight for and have always been, the Light is the abstract opposite of the chaotic evil of the Burning Hells, and is possibly some remnant or transcendent aspect of the first being to exist, Anu.

The dominant Zakarum religion of Sanctuary, said to be started by Akarat through the guidance of the Archangel Yaerius, is devoted to resisting all things evil, and embracing, with total devotion, the Light.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Darzinth
Perhaps, "the light" is just an element, a facet of magic, that possibly and ultimately originates from the Crystal Arch.

But then,beside this, it would be neceserry to exist greater power also, called Darkness where demons (but they dont have religon) could gain their sacred power.But I havent heard anything like that. (A bit similar was mentioned in starcraft by the Overmind: the protoss and zerg are not opposite,but a facet of a greater whole.)
Edited by Freedy1322#2402 on 6/12/2012 3:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Freedy1322
If Akarat wasnt visited by an angel,as Deckad Cain said,why is that the templars and paladins are able to use their holy magic?What is the source of this power?

Cain believes it was a vision of Uldyssian during his sacrifice instead of an angel. If so, makes perfect sense because Nephalem come from Angels and Demons thus having The Light too. Since Uldyssian was a "good guy", he would obviously try to spread The Light into others.

And where the Archangel Yaerius come from exactly?It is mentioned in the Black Road that that it was NOT memeber of the Angiris Council,and I think he (or she) probably dont even come from the High Heavens.(Probably,becuase than we would already heard about it) But then where it comes from?

Again, if it was Uldyssian, it makes perfect sense. Not from Angiris Council, neither from The Heavens.

In the games and in the books there are often mentioned the Light as single power which?
Yes, it is a power just like Darzinth said, it is like another element. Except it has its origins from The Arch.

I suggest that the High Heavens are not the only place where angels exist.

They can live anywhere in the universe, but they only come from the High Heavens. So far, the only place they have been seen aside from the High Heavens is Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
alex:you should read my other posts above,too.

06/12/2012 07:33 AMPosted by alexlbl
Again, if it was Uldyssian, it makes perfect sense. Not from Angiris Council, neither from The Heavens.

Seeing a vison about a human hero sacrificing itself in the middle of a battle is obviously not the same,as to see an angelic being talking about peace,tolerance,and harmony. The two thing hardly can be seen as similar.
Edited by Freedy1322#2402 on 6/12/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
And if the Light is nothing but an element,mere facet of magic,as some says above,why demons cannot use it as well?This force must has to be consicious in a manner,at least a little bit.
Reply Quote
Freedy, read the following link and you'll understand better what I'm trying to explain:

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Akarat

06/12/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Freedy1322
talking about peace,tolerance,and harmony.

Akarat had a vision, not a seminar on life lessons from a supposed angel. Just a vision.

Akarat had no idea humans could be powerful Nephalem and, in his logic, only an Angel could be that of his vision. Akarat interpreted the vision as an angel. It was actually Uldyssian.

Blizzard created the Book of Cain to explain everything that didn't make sense. Even if it's made to be interpreted as Cain's opinion, it is canon.

06/12/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Freedy1322
And if the Light is nothing but an element,mere facet of magic,as some says above,why demons cannot use it as well?This force must has to be consicious in a manner,at least a little bit.

It's not just another magic that anyone can manipulate. It is a power itself, as you read yourself, inherited from the Crystal Arch. That's why only Angels and Nephalem can manipulate it.
Reply Quote
I think this two thread will help to clarify things:

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Light

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Balance
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Freedy1322

To answer all of these questions it's simple. The Nephalems are the offspring of angels and demons. An angel and a demon in union together creates a nephalem. Humans are Nephalem stripped of their true potential. Ergo humans have both light and dark inside them and can therefore use Holy magic from their angel heritage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]