Diablo® III

Diablo 3 vs Guild Wars 2

GW2 is hardly pvp based but ok

Youve never played the game.

Anyways, GW2 all the way.

I have played the game. -.- In my opinion the game is equally centered towards pvp as it is towards pve. Neither side seems to have the overbearing focus. Pve has dungeons and pvp has the mists. Pve has events and pvp has WvWvW. If it was based mainly towards pvp it would probably have more than 2 pvp maps and certainly more than 1 pvp mode (capture and hold bases). Either way this is an irrelevant argument because it's still in beta and who knows what more will be added by release.
Edited by Killawatt#1254 on 6/11/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 09:48 AMPosted by DamageInc
Wow, another idiot that thinks ARPG that forces you to be online equates to MMORPG....

WoW, you clearly got my point -_-' <--- sarcasm (explaining so you don't get it wrong again)
also guild wars is not a traditional MMORPG, its a mixture of traditional MMO and Online play.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Makkiworth
While we're at it, lets compare Diablo 3 to Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, and Mario Kart Wii.

well we can compare how disappointing the story was in both mass efect 3 and diablo 3. Maybe 3 is no longer the charm.
Reply Quote
How about D3 vs. SMB3?
Reply Quote
GW series is historically mostly about pvp, and the pve content is mostly just a side game. There's no indication that this will not be the case in GW2. Small scale coop pve only, for example.

They can certainly beef it up, but it's largely a pvp game.

well there are tons of indications that say otherwise. You can check out some beta footage or read a little, they no longer want the PvE to be "just a side game".
Reply Quote
GW2, D3 and TL2 ftw for me... oh and Max Payne 3 is pretty fun too :)
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Pyrrhow
While we're at it, lets compare Diablo 3 to Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, and Mario Kart Wii.

well we can compare how disappointing the story was in both mass efect 3 and diablo 3. Maybe 3 is no longer the charm.

I never knew Diablo sold itself on story as much as Mass Effect has. Tell me more things on how we can compare the two due to misplaced expectations!
Reply Quote

also guild wars is not a traditional MMORPG, its a mixture of traditional MMO and Online play.

In what universe where what you just said makes sense?
Reply Quote
!@#$!@# %^-*ING BLIZZARD STARTED THIS CRAP GAME OVER 7 YEARS AGO (CHECK INTERVIEWS WITH CEO NOOBS)..

AND LOOK WHAT THEY DID ! ITS !@#$ GAME, PURE RANDOM, NO DEPTH.. ALL FOCUSED ON THE AH.. BIGGEST %^-* GAME EVER

THEY WORKED 7 YEARS ON A GAME THATS ON WOW BETA LEVEL AT MAXIMUM..

- STORY IS !@#$
- DIFFICULTIES ARE FKN BROKEN..
- NO AH NO PROGRESS, %^-*ING STUIPD GAME DESIGN???'
- DROPS ARE !@#$ AND PURE RANDOM %^-*

!@#$ THAT GAME, ITS BULL%^-* !!!!

lol^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
WHY WOULD YOU COMPARE THIS GAME TO AN MMORPG. THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE SAME MOTHER!@#$ING GENRE. Not to mention that you don't even pay !@#$ after you buy this game.

Sorry, I think my brain just hemorrhaged.
Edited by Artani#1185 on 6/11/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
From what I have seen so far from GW2 im buying it once it comes out.
Ncsoft usually sucks with gameplay and has awsome graphics but this time it seems they have made something very playable.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I guess i'm the only person that really doesn't care how a game looks compared to how it plays. GW2 is not so good in that department. IMO, of course.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
also, I am happily playing D3 and have not yet used the AH. I don't get why the AH is making people all mad.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Trogdorrior
I guess i'm the only person that really doesn't care how a game looks compared to how it plays. GW2 is not so good in that department. IMO, of course.

Have you played it or just seen it?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC

Apples. Oranges.

This.

Also, this should probably be in the games/gaming hardware forum.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Herbburglar
We're not buying their time, we are buying a 60$ game. It's either worth 60$ or it's not worth 60$. Based on entertainment per dollar invested, d3 is my wisest purchase this year assuming I can trust hours played in steam as well as d3 hours played per character.

that is exactly why sequels tent to get boring, crap and ultimately die. If we don't ask for something better they will keep selling the Diablo name, putting minimum effort in the game. To me that's not acceptable, I just hope Diablo don't become a profit !@#$% like star wars.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Herbburglar
Small scale group content which isn't all that fun anyways, and has very little replay value says to me they mostly care about pvp.

you clearly never saw any guild wars 2 footage or read about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]