Diablo® III

Diablo 3 vs Guild Wars 2

don't think you understand the point here, let me try to explain better.

You wouldn't look at World of Warcraft and say "Oh in comparison to WoW D3 sucks," because they are two different games. Looking at comparisons between two different genres is fine if you're looking at their similarities to see how they are analogous, but contrasting them to make a point about which one is better than the other doesn't work when they are two completely different games

I never said one was better than the other, did I? all I said was that guild wars 2 have some features that diablo could have, hence the comparison. I also added that they had the about the same development time, so its more fair to compare. Its not like I'm comparing to World of Warcraft that's been in the market for a decade, or a soccer game that have nothing to do with it. -_-'

That might hold true if you attempted to actually make a fair comparison instead of just listing things you like about GW2.
Reply Quote
How?! come on you are trying to say that there is no way diablo could've been a MMO? or even have dynamic events?
lets per say get one of the first diablo event, the jar of souls, they could easily put something like, "defend the jar for 30 seconds", if you failed to defend the event would transit into a failed state where perhaps you had to slay a ghost, or if you defended the event would end and you earn some loot. Also some of the features (underwater combat) I put just to show some contrast as how much more guild wars 2 have that diablo 3 don't.

MMO ain't a feature, and Blizzard wasn't out to make another MMO. Diablo is an ARPG franchise, D3 continues that tradition.

You obviously want to play an MMO, so go play one instead of stupidly complaining that D3 isn't the same game GW2 is.
Edited by Makkiworth#1785 on 6/11/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I found Guild Wars 2 kinda boring tbh. Been there done that in like, 15 other mmos.
Reply Quote
GW1 was not that good. Guild Wars 2 will be... wait for it...

not that good
Reply Quote

not that good

There are not many similarity's at all to GW1.
Reply Quote
I was dead set on getting GW2 before I played the D3 beta. Then I played the D3 beta and decided to buy it. Now I wish I hadn't. I have no doubt that GW2 will not be the MMO savior, but maybe I would have gotten more enjoyment out of it than D3. I do know this much though; I will not be buying GW2 unless I can play it first.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I played GW2 all weekend and now i can't remember why I should play Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

not that good

You can't possibly be serious. GW1 was an incredibly successful game, it just didn't have the replayability required to keep a strong playerbase, GW2 fixed that completely.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Obriterate
I played GW2 all weekend and now i can't remember why I should play Diablo 3.

Me too ! :D
Reply Quote
D3 has been in the works for 11 years. It doesn't matter if it was scrapped and reworked many times. The fact is, D3 has been in development for 11 years.

Also, you are comparing two different genres of games. One is sub standard quality banking on name recognition to %*#@ your wallets because you (the masses) are ignorant to what quality gaming is. The other is Guild Wars 2.

this actually made me lol
Reply Quote
Guild Wars 2 will crash and burn faster than the steaming poo pile that was Guild Wars 1.

News flash: terribad games don't retain player bases.
Reply Quote
The biggest comparable differences are:

- Between the two Beta week end of GW2, the game got massives additions and fixes (1 month).It gives confidence that the support and fixes will be there and quick. Blizzard is reknowned for slowness.

- D3 is a lot more user friendly than gw2. gw2 is still a bit rough.

- GW2 seems to be made by real gamers. Developers actually play with some of their fans, livestream with comments etc. Blizzard is now completely closed to any genuine communication behind the iron curtain that is corporate secrecy and PR.

-GW2 tries to innovate in the MMO genre.

I don't care I played D3 for 200h already but I'm a bit bored, I can see myself playing a lot more out of GW2 but D3 still remains a great game. Blizzard should fix things quick in D3 for it to last longer.
Reply Quote
Why don't you can compare Call of Duty and SimCity while you're at it.
Reply Quote
Guild Wars 2 will crash and burn faster than the steaming poo pile that was Guild Wars 1.

News flash: terribad games don't retain player bases.

GW1 believe it or not, was extremely successful, and for several years maintained 2nd place in global market share. I think at its peak, it had 6-7 million active players.

But keep living in your comfortable little bubble of ignorance. It might not have been your cup of tea, but that doesn't discount the fact that it was very successful. GW2 will be even more successful.
Reply Quote
GW2 = Hot Toboggan with Agave and Soy
D2 = [Random Loose Leaf Tea] + [2x Random Tea Modifiers]
Reply Quote
I simply had to come address the people here saying GW2 is all PvP... I played in both beta weekends and so far I have close to 90 hours played in PvE. The world is massive and Anet has gone above and beyond to make it detailed and beautiful with !@#$loads of content (at least in the starting zones so far). Anyone else who's played it would agree with me that PvE is not just a "side game" for GW2.
Reply Quote
GW2 = Hot Toboggan with Agave and Soy
D2 = [Random Loose Leaf Tea] + [2x Random Tea Modifiers]

lol^
Reply Quote
/thread
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]