Diablo® III

Diablo 3 vs Guild Wars 2

13 Worgen Druid
Wow@ all the apples to orangers in here.

It must really suck not being able to compare things unless they are exactly the same. how do you decide what to spend your money on if not by comparison?
Reply Quote
I personally think Guild Wars 2's end game is going to suck, and get boring fast, that being said the gameplay looks decent the environment looks really fun, I'd love to run around the explore, just not worth 60 dollars to me.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
The two games aren't really all that comparable. They have different objectives and while they share a few similarities, they are more apples and oranges than two different flavors of apple.

I'll probably be playing both well into the fall as well as WoW and other things including TL2.

I don't really do the "game as forum PvP thing" since it's juvenile and entirely stupid.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
06/11/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Kittiehater
It must really suck not being able to compare things unless they are exactly the same. how do you decide what to spend your money on if not by comparison?

I spent money on Civ5 and it couldn't be more different than anything talked about here. I like it quite a bit as well, perhaps more than any of the action/MMO games. I do some research, read reviews and if it looks good and suits what I'm looking for I buy it.

I can't imagine that I'm sort of outlier in that regard.
Reply Quote
GW2 = amazing fun game with loads of content.

D3 = dull item grind with barely any content.
Reply Quote
TBH, after playing GW2 Beta Weekend Event 2, I could say this...

When I came back to Diablo 3 after the servers for GW2 went down, I turned it off 5 minutes in. GW2 > Diablo 3, idc if it's an APPLE VS ORANGE HURR DURR. I just state what I believe to in my opinion, a better game, in nearly...nah who am I kidding, in EVERY regard.
Reply Quote
After Playing GW2 a lot on BWE and think about it. Everything make sense to play to have fun.

Now when I play other games. It just doesn't make any sense.

For example: I play D3 and finished the story and have a lot of fun -> farm gears -> progress in inferno -> Farm more gears -> more progress?? -> Finished the content that I have already done it for at least 3 times ?? -> Farm gear?? -> Get the best gear?? -> Be the best in the server cause the gear??

Well selling those gear and make money is kind of make sense, but it just doesn't feel right to sell those imaginary items, which I don't even know what is the use of those items.

Please don't hate me. I am just stupid and can't think properly ><
Reply Quote
I am somewhat disappointed with the current state of Diablo 3. For me, I wanted a certain something and whatever that is, I haven't found it yet. I'll be trying out GW2 and if all else fails, head back to Everquest II.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Captnronn
D3 is an ARPG

D2 is an ARPG.

D3 is not an ARPG.
Reply Quote
GWP is way better than any other game Georgia Wet Pussy
Reply Quote
I have spent over 300+ hours on Diablo 3 and have regret playing every single one. Guildwars 2 is by far better than Diablo. Good job Blizzard, you guys are a bunch of trolls. My advice is to just switch if you already havent.
Reply Quote
10 of my friends left d3 for gw2 im sooo sad.. i have no more friends on d3. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]