Diablo® III

Retina MacBook

I really want one, so ...can I get a blue post to confirm What Phil said at WWDC, will it run at 2880x1800 res? The gt 650m does have 1gb is that even enough? Or will I need to use bootcamp to get above 30fps like I do with my current 2009 MacBook with a 9400m.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
These are MUCH more powerful macbooks. I wouldn't doubt what they can do. I am curious that they specificly mentioned diablo 3 is "retina ready" at conference though. A blue confirming that would e nice.
Reply Quote
650m is still a midrange card. With the increased resolution, there's no guarantee a user would be seeing 60+FPS.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
06/11/2012 10:57 AMPosted by MysticalOS
I am curious that they specificly mentioned diablo 3 is "retina ready" at conference though

When was this mentioned ?

I'm watching the live stream from Ars Technicia and Mac Rumors and have yet D3 being mentioned.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
New Version of Aperture for Retina Dispay MacBook Pro. Final Cut Pro X also being updated. Retina versions of Adobe Photoshop, Diablo 3, Auto Desk coming soon. Apple is working with key developers

http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/11/apple-wwdc-2012-liveblog-mountain-lion-retina-macs-ios-6-and-much-more/
Edited by MysticalOS#1981 on 6/11/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
:|

I could of just searched for "Diablo" in the live streams I'm reading to see it. L2Search Blu!
Reply Quote
Yea I have no doubts that it's powerfull enough to run it but does the 650m with 1gb have enought to run 2880x1800 with good fps...in the meanwhile I wait patiently while blizz updates whatever so I can delete that damn bootcamp partition And play In OS X
Edited by nobody#1143 on 6/11/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Was hoping for better graphics in the 13" series, but the HD4000 isn't much better than the 9400M I have right now. No upgrade for me.

How will they make sure that the 'new' macbook (w Retina) can run D3 if D3 on OSX has obvious design faults.. low fps at release, fps cycling after a patch (even on good machines) and possible memory leaks?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
HD4000 is a LOT better then 9400. But it's a million miles behind the nvidia dedicated grahpics shipping today too. You just don't want to run the cheap macbook for gaming.

As for the other D3 issues, they are working on them. memory leaks i've never heard of, just random posters claiming they think the fps is caused by one. but blizz already knows what's causing the old issues, they fixed it, but it caused a new issue, they are aware of that one too and plan to address it in future as well. all that should be ironed out soonish.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We'll need to get one before we can confirm that anything works.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
06/11/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Machkhan
We'll need to get one before we can confirm that anything works.

Aren't you in luck ? I hear they're shipping them today :P
Reply Quote
I'm gonna order it regardless, just was hoping someone here knew anything, since phil said that apple was working with major devs I figured that ment blizz too.

Edit; I guess I'll just find out when it gets here
Edited by nobody#1143 on 6/11/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Has an intern been dispatched to the nearest Apple store with a company credit card yet? :D
Reply Quote
Also curious to know about this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/11/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Traumatic
Has an intern been dispatched to the nearest Apple store with a company credit card yet? :D

I want to volunteer to be that intern. I would also need to buy an extra one for my own testing. And I need a new outfit to be able to walk into the Apple Store.
Reply Quote
Since they showed a screenshot of Diablo III running on the new Retina Display, don't you think this has been tested and works as it should? I sure hope so.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
06/11/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Insimbi
Since they showed a screenshot of Diablo III running on the new Retina Display, don't you think this has been tested and works as it should? I sure hope so.

I'd like to think Apple, as a forward thinking company, wouldn't have chosen to highlight the game at this event if it was an absolute dog to play. So I guess take that for what it's worth?
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Machkhan

I want to volunteer to be that intern. I would also need to buy an extra one for my own testing. And I need a new outfit to be able to walk into the Apple Store.

Are you not wearing pants or does your outfit have the Windows logo all over it?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/11/2012 12:01 PMPosted by mentok1982
Are you not wearing pants or does your outfit have the Windows logo all over it?

I need new pants. Gotta look good when buying a new Mac haha.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Anyone got video of D3 running on one of the new Retina Macbooks at WWDC ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]