Diablo® III

Retina MacBook

90 Human Rogue
The things about the next gen MBPs that have me most excited is the new form factor and the embrace of flash tech for their internal drives. I put an SSD in the optical bay of my MBP (the late 2011 model) and while it is faster than the traditional drive, I'm still jealous of my wife's MacBook Air's responsiveness.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Machkhan
We'll need to get one before we can confirm that anything works.

Considering that at the WWDC Keynote, Apple cited Diablo 3 as being Retina ready, I would be surprised if the developers don't already have several of them. Given the way they presented it, I would guess that the current live build of D3 is fully ready for it.

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
06/11/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Clomer
We'll need to get one before we can confirm that anything works.

Considering that at the WWDC Keynote, Apple cited Diablo 3 as being Retina ready, I would be surprised if the developers don't already have several of them. Given the way they presented it, I would guess that the current live build of D3 is fully ready for it.

You should trust Machkhan. We do not have any Retina Display Macbook Pro. I'm sure some players will get one before us.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
All apple might have meant is they fired it up and it was pretty good on first run as is, without the devs actually supporting it yet. which is good news for S4d1k if he doesn't have to change much :)
Reply Quote
dont confuse the 13 macbook with the retina macbook, they have diferent graphics cards
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 01:45 PMPosted by S4d1k

You should trust Machkhan. We do not have any Retina Display Macbook Pro. I'm sure some players will get one before us.
If I had the money, I'd be getting one right now.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
06/11/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Icy1007

You and everyone else!
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Traumatic

You and everyone else!
Well, I know some people who would rather spend $2k on an HP than a Mac. *shudder*
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
06/11/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Icy1007
Well, I know some people who would rather spend $2k on an HP than a Mac. *shudder*

http://www.peaceloveapplepie.com/apple-gives-finger/
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
yeah i was kinda disappointed a few weeks ago when i heard rumors of weak updates incoming for the MacPro line.
Reply Quote
8 Gnome Warrior
WTB a real update for iMacs. =P
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
06/11/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Elmada
WTB a real update for iMacs. =P

2013, desktop macs get to enjoy having macbook pros be superior gaming machines then what we have for next 6-18 months.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/11/david-pogue-new-imacs-and-mac-pros-coming-probably-in-2013/
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 01:45 PMPosted by S4d1k

What does this mean?

I thought Apple was showing Diablo 3 using retina? Does this mean you developed the game using your own rig that was able to simulate 2880 x 1800 or something?
Reply Quote
According to various benchmarks, the GT 650M graphics card found in the new Retina MacBook Pros is ~3.6 times slower than the 6970M found in the top-of-the-line iMacs. And the latter can barely handle 2560x1440. So, I highly doubt that the 3.6x slower graphics card can handle 1.3x more resolution. Unless you can bear playing at 10FPS, of course.

Feels like false advertisement to me.

Retina versions of Adobe Photoshop, Diablo 3, Auto Desk coming soon.

I bet Blizzard themselves had no idea that they were working on a Retina version for Diablo 3. Well, guys, if Apple says you are then you should start working on that bad boy. :D
Edited by Markus#2413 on 6/11/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We support very high resolutions, even higher than 2880x1800, high resolutions are not new. This is why Diablo 3 works in fullscreen mode like most other games.
Edited by S4d1k on 6/11/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 06:31 PMPosted by S4d1k
We support very high resolutions, even higher than 2880x1800, high resolutions are not new. This is why Diablo 3 works in fullscreen mode like most other games.
Can you confirm that D3 will be optimized specifically for the new retina display?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
06/11/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Galaga4991
Can you confirm that D3 will be optimized specifically for the new retina display?

Yes. This will be implemented as usual in a future patch.
Reply Quote
The 650 will apparently run Diablo 3 in ultra says http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html so maybe there is some hope. Really if they wanted to up there they should've found a way to get a gtx675 or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]