Diablo® III

Help me with Blizzard/Cold-blooded passive

Ok, so I have heard conflicting things from many different sources about the interaction between Blizzard (applies a chill effect) and the Cold-Blooded Rune (applies 20% more cold damage to chilled targets).

My question is, how exactly do they work together? If Blizzard is my only Cold skill, will it get 20% increased damage from Cold-Blooded? Will every tick get the bonus, or will the 1st tick apply the chill effect and all ticks after that get the 20% bonus, but not the first?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Not all Blizzard runes are considered cold damage. Lots of threads about this.
Reply Quote
What about snowbound (20 ap rune, regular blizzard)? From googling, I've gotten tons of conflicting answers.
Reply Quote
bump for answer!
Reply Quote
It is not works on spell, which apply frozen/chilled. Blizzard will do 20% more damage only after frost nova/ray of frost effect.
Reply Quote
Anyone else have opinions on this that have tested? I'm really curious
Reply Quote
Blizzard chills target i think which on your screen you see snare so It seems to me the dmg should increase Not sure but ill test it and find out
Reply Quote
Was curious about this myself, so I tested and confirmed that it indeed, does.

Using only Blizzard on a few packs (of the same mob type) in a2 without cold blooded and noted the most common tick occurring was for 4145. I then preformed the same test with cold blooded selected; this time I noticed that Blizzard was no longer ticking at all for 4145 and the most common tick occurring was now for 4974.

Voila: 4145 * 1.2 = 4974

Tested further on a couple other mob types and higher tick values and it was all consistent with a +20% damage gain. I had trouble trying to confirm the if the first tick incurred a bonus as well, but I figure if you're only hitting mobs with 1 tick of Blizzard, a +20% bonus is pretty irrelevant.
Reply Quote
Agree with SeeK
I test it too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]