Diablo® III

Best resistance to stack?

I'm only 51 right now but to survive in Inferno from what I have inferred in Hell mode and heard about Inferno, I'm going to need massive resists.

Right now I'm stacking Physical and have 270 across the board, I'm just wondering what people think the best resist to stack is?

I picked physical just because it was what I had the most of at the time, but is there a better stat or does it not really matter?
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter which resist type you pick, just make sure to choose one and stick with it. Also try to combine physical with "resist all" as well, as the two of those will stack.
Edited by Scott#1653 on 6/12/2012 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think it makes a great deal of a difference. The "logic" I use is that I want to stack what I think will be the most useless to other classes, and therefore the cheapest in the AH.

Basically I think physical is the most useful, followed by fire, since between mortar, desecration, fire chains, molten... and a plethora of enemy attacks fire is the next most used. After that you can pretty much take your pick since arcane, cold, lit, and poison are fairly limited.

I personally went with cold, since I see a lot of monks stacking arcane, so I figured that was becoming a common thing and prices would go up, and I wanted to stay ahead of the curve a little bit! :-P
Reply Quote
Just stack whatever is cheapest and allows you the best stats. I chose to stack Cold because it was reasonably priced on the AH at the time.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Scott
It doesn't matter which resist type you pick, just make sure to choose one and stick with it. Also try to combine physical with "resist all" as well, as the two of those will stack.

Wow I did not know this, thanks!

I'm thinking at 60 when I regear I might try poison, the same logic people are saying above.

I don't really know too much that does poison in game, minus the exploding trees in Act I and some of the Desert stuff
Edited by Punintended#1781 on 6/12/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fire pieces are not that expensive tho, that of course if only has fire res, fire + all res is a bit more expensive, but still whitin manageable price, so like everyone says just pick one and stick to it, if u can find a cheap piece whit ur stacking res + all res pick it since they stack, but dont sacrifice dex wile doing so cause u also need a descent amount of armor for inferno
Reply Quote
I went with Fire and personally am kicking myself, it seems that in the AH most Fire resist + All Resist + Dex or VIT items are extremely expensive.... Like others have said, once you start investing in 1 resist, stick with it unless you wanna spend more money on swapping for a different element.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Scott

To clarify, the double stacking isn't something special for physical resist. Any single resist that you chose to stack + all resist will work in the same fashion.
Reply Quote
Fire and lightning are the most expensive stack
Reply Quote
+ All resist. Why bother buying pieces with one resist when you can buy an item with + all?
Reply Quote
I would probably avoid Fire just because it seems to cost more. What I did was I stuck with cold because the first nice item I bought had cold on it. Ultimately I'm hoping to just stack resist all and drop the passive completely but I need to get my DPS up significantly before that is going to work.

This isn't something you worry about until level 60 though, you just don't need much in the way of resists in Hell.
Edited by Ender#1738 on 6/12/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 10:13 AMPosted by PunchDrunk
+ All resist. Why bother buying pieces with one resist when you can buy an item with + all?

$$$
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter, they are all just as common and can be just as high as other ones. In fact its better to not make a guide saying "Stack fire" or "Stack physical" because then fire or physical will become really expensive. Just choose one. I personally am using lightning, but its not any better than arcane or cold.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 10:13 AMPosted by PunchDrunk

It's best to pick an additional resistance to stack on top of all resistance gear, as you can get much better resistances overall if you are using the passive "One with Everything".
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Don't do poison.. most of the stuff is pretty expensive. I'd say give cold or lightning a shot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]