Diablo® III

Crafting Exalted Grand Flesh Ripper

I have this myself and it never crafts any mana regen. All the ones that drop have regen on them- why is it only a chance for these? It's like when they drop you get a bonus 7th affix that is always mana regen but it seems like when I craft these it rarely gets mana regen. Whats the point of ceremonial knife if it doesn't have regen?
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Brucas
I have this myself and it never crafts any mana regen. All the ones that drop have regen on them- why is it only a chance for these? It's like when they drop you get a bonus 7th affix that is always mana regen but it seems like when I craft these it rarely gets mana regen. Whats the point of ceremonial knife if it doesn't have regen?

True? Well that blows... If that's the case, then we'd be better off crafting regular 1h daggers; they're faster, and more people can use them....

the odds of getting regen on a craft only serves to lower the chance of getting high damage. The one that i'm using now has attack speed, int, crit dmg increase, max mana, and indeed a 7th affix with mana regen. - yeah it was a drop.
Reply Quote
I have been salvaging lvl 60 items that I got from Act 1 but I have yet to see Tome of Secrets. Where do I get those?
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Jibikao
I have been salvaging lvl 60 items that I got from Act 1 but I have yet to see Tome of Secrets. Where do I get those?

They are blue drops.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Gravestone

They are blue drops.

Oh? They are not from salvages? ugh.. how come I haven't seen them? I just started act 2.
Reply Quote
Are you sure you haven't seen them, Jibikao? I only got to Act I Inferno a couple days ago, and have only played enough in it to get up to getting the second sword piece, but I have over 20 of the things. If you pick up every blue that drops, you could have them in your inventory and never payed them any mind because it's a book.

I mean, I DO stack NV whenever I play, so I usually have that going for me, but the Tomes drop frequently enough that I can't imagine they haven't dropped at all for you even if you're not stacking the buff. I also can't imagine you outright ignore blues- they're great for salvaging. Give a look in your inventory- I think overlooking them there is most likely what's happening here.

I could always be wrong though. RNG likes to !@#$ people in unsurprisingly random ways.
Reply Quote
You know what... I only paid attention to the salvages from Blacksmith. I probably have picked up Tome but I didn't notice. Thanks for the tips.

And yes, I picked up every blue and yellow items 'cause I am so darn poor. lol I need all the $$$ I can get. LOL
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 6/14/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my question is it possible that this pattern could yield a 900-1k weapon?
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:36 AMPosted by sriracha

Maybe?

If my collector's edition guide is still accurate, base damage for that weapon type is 62-255, while the highest level (Veil Piercer) is 71-294.

Considering I've seen Veil Piercer rares in the mid 1100s, I'm assuming, that with unfathomably godly stats, you could get one.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:36 AMPosted by sriracha

yes it can. if you look on the BS page on this website it lists all the weapons in order. the grand ripper is just under the top (best possible dmg/stat) in the game. it shows as a 62 item level while the best is 63 item level. only down side...like drops, the stats are random.

you could pay a massive amount of gold and mats to see the stats you want. but then again there will be people who make it once and get the best stats possible. random is random
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]