Diablo® III

There was a hotfix

(Locked)

06/12/2012 02:13 AMPosted by sithren
They usually take a day or so to announce hotfixes. Not sure I see the problem, here. The conspiracy theories are pretty strong tonight.

See:

06/12/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Bashiok
We haven't deployed any hot fixes this evening. As far as we can tell the supposed exploit never worked, but we'll continue looking into it. Yes, changing the system clock can change auction times, but that doesnt dupe gold. It's pretty easy to see how much gold people have, and we have no indication anyone has/had that much.

SOURCE =http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760137425?page=3#

That's the problem you're not seeing.
Just noticed this. +1 well done. there was indeed a patch and some sort.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
AoS
+1
06/12/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Boredom
They usually take a day or so to announce hotfixes. Not sure I see the problem, here. The conspiracy theories are pretty strong tonight.

Well then why'd Bashiok say that there were no hotfixes made tonight?

Yes, this is the "problem here".
http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/226530-sign-if-you-saw-livestream-duping-as-proof/

QUOTE:

Bashiok
We haven't deployed any hot fixes this evening. As far as we can tell the supposed exploit never worked, but we'll continue looking into it. Yes, changing the system clock can change auction times, but that doesnt dupe gold. It's pretty easy to see how much gold people have, and we have no indication anyone has/had that much.
Just when you thought the hysteria was dying down. . .

Because everyone was claiming that there had been a dupe but it'd been hotfixed?

Just when you thought the hysteria was dying down. . .

Because everyone was claiming that there had been a dupe but it'd been hotfixed?

Note: I'm not really taking a side here. I just want more transparency from Blizzard. If there was no dupe, then there are ways of communicating that without lying about the existence of hotfixes.

I still find it really disingenuous that he said no hotfixes were made, when that's clearly not true. Most notably, it appears the AH bug which involved canceling auctions was fixed.
Fire Lylirra!!
wow!
Didnt realize how stupid the people on the forums have gotten. Just because someone said they haven't made any hotfixes yet, doesnt mean there wont be any hotfixes in the next hour. 2 hours ago i logged in left general because of all the spam, logged back in a few mins later got spammed in general again. Did he say there wont be any hotfixes at all? or did he say there hasnt been any hotfixes this evening?
Stop lying

you killed HC chars with hotfixes
you fixed the dupe/goldsteal exploit with a hotfix

This thread is proof.

Tired of blizzard.
+1
Yeah, I mean could be something funny is going on, we'll continue looking into it. This lag=hotfix and live duping on a stream is just clearly not credible, and people are trying to claim it is. We're fully interested in tracking down any issues, as always, though.
-Bashiok Pg. 25
on this post http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760137425?page=25#new-post

Talking out of both sides of his mouth...
Dare I say... Anunnaki?
take this, bashiok!
Is there still a hardcore mode?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]