Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Expansion

I recall something about Chen, the NPC who can craft jewels for you. Your character says that Leah is destroyed for good but Chen is not agree with that statement because he saw a lot of things in the world... But the only answer that you could get from him is a riddle... And his attitude is not grim at all...

If Chen weren´t a god... well, a senile NPC is not that bad. This only means his statement about Leah soul could survive even when a Prime Evil possessed her is wrong and nothing could happen whith the lore in a negative way... except for the part of the books in the game about "the legend of the wandering trickster who is (usually) a eldery man (a god knows a lot about that world)"...

It is a good topic to see in the game in the next expansions.
Edited by Joremias#1674 on 6/23/2012 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://leviathyn.com/blog/2012/05/30/six-possible-diablo-3-expansion-questlines/

^ Nuff said
Reply Quote
had a very similar idea to this, most likely because Imperius becoming the villain is the most logical step following the ending of Act 4.

-Diablo as the Prime Evil wounded Imperius (and planted the seed of corruption)

-Imperius believes now, more than ever, that humanity must be eradicated despite the council's admonitions to the contrary

-Imperius hunts for the black soul stone (since it was most likely not destroyed as soulstones can only be destroyed at the hellforge) to unleash it on humanity.

-You must find the black soulstone before Imperius.

-Tyreal tells you that Leah is the only being who knows where the stone is, but she is in the abyss.

-You travel to the abyss (somehow) to rescue her soul like in Greek Mythology

-Malthael, being also angel of death tries to stop you. When you defeat him he is reborn from the crystal arches and he rejoins the Angiris council as the new aspect of life and death, his sanity returned to him.

-You rescue Leah who tells you where the stone is

- as you get nearer to the soulstone you begin to find that the seven demonic powers in the stone have begun to "leak" from the stone, as it was damaged when Diablo was killed.

- You fight aspects of each of the two remaining prime evils (Baal and Mephisto) as you hunt for the stone

-You find the stone just as Imperius does, he is almost completely corrupted by this time

-Final Boss is Imperius

-You defeat him and his soul is trapped in the black soulstone

-You become the aspect of Valor, Leah becomes Wisdom, Tyrael reclaims Justice

Next Expansion (since there will most likely be multiple): Travel to Hell to destroy the Blacksoul stone

Very very nice. Hope someone from the Blizz team reads this!
Reply Quote
its gonna have something to do with the thieves guild i know it
Reply Quote
Personally, I hope blizzard reps and staff read through all our post (fan post) because reguardless on sales, If they make the game alot more enjoyable for the die hard diablo players, Like weapon switches, bringing back classic chars, etc.. I think diablo 3 will be a high rank down the road. I personally think blizzard released this version of diablo 3 in stores and deff. will capitalize on there mistakes. I think when they release an expansion set in stores its gonna cover and touch base where we all wanted them to touch from the beginning. You have to think about it like this guys, Blizzard tried a new base setup and is seeing what the public (us) likes or dislikes about it. Of course they should involve 5 more acts with different stories,chars,bosses, etc. for the expansion which i hope they do. BUT, Until blizzard DOES release that to the public they want to simply see what's the WORST aspects we dislike and what's the BEST aspects we do like so that when they DO make an expansion we are then, finally pleased and happy. I mean, If you think about it, As a gamer, When you first put a game in you aren't really use to it and ONE minor thing that they changed could make you agravated and annoyed. But, Eventually we will all give in and enjoy it. If blizzard fixes the little things they need to fix in diablo 3 i think diablo 3 could hold a very strong title in the pc world and possibly be one of the greats. I personally been playing diablo 2 since 2005, & last night i went buy diablo 3 and played 2 hours in and i'm 6/10 impressed so far. Haven't been able to experience new skills and sorts but that will come as i level up more so my score could deff. increase.

This is my opinion and knowledge & would like to know if any of you guys agree or disagree with me.

-Witeout
Reply Quote
>>>>SPOILERS<<<<
Close enough but... let me explain in a very simple way...

But first i ill enumerate:
1- Black Soul Stone
2- Imperious
3- Malthael
4- Leah
5- Tyrael
6- Adria

Yes i know there is more points, but for now this what i need to explain:
Near at the end of the Act IV if i recall, when you have played with Demon Hunter (Female)
Your hero says "I'll save her even if I have to go to hell"... (Something like this)
In fact the game dosen't show what happens to Leah soul...
And if you guys may recall when the Prime Evil was defeated the black soul stone drops from the sky.
In the same act the hero says that he thinks that Leah soul was not fully consumed but Diablo...
That leaves a strong clue about the next ACT (Expansion)
Certainly Imperious will be a villain... in my theory he will hunt down the Black Soul Stone, but with Leah's soul inside our hero will not allow Imperious to destroy the Black Soul Stone with her soul inside... so there is a new ACT.
BUT WAIT!
And Tyrael ? Now mortal what he can do ?
As the Wisdom I think he will go find Malthael.
Ho no one know's if know he is a good or a bad guy...
But i think Malthael will appear...
And think about it... if to get Leah soul the hero needs to enter in the Black Soul Stone ?
As you guys may recall there is a Cinematic that show a bit the world inside the Black Soul Stone... Imagine if you have to beat all the lords?
And if the hero in the end need's to sacrifice himself to save everything once again?
Just speculation i know... but if you thinks about it all makes sense...
And Adria... Imperious may not know about Adria's treason... and she can use him to reach the black soul stone...

Please guys reply... maybe Blizzard guys like one of our idea's!

Sorry about the English.
Reply Quote
My guess is that if/when an expansion is released, it's going to focus on Adria and the Black Soulstone, and not Imperius.

Imperius is the one guy the majority of us want to fight, but Blizzard is capable of pulling something from way out in left field. I think this is one of those instances. After the hero defeats Diablo and restores the high heavens, Imperius is actually impressed and swears to protect Sanctuary and all those who adhere to the Light. He offers the hero his assistance to hunt Adria down and locate the Black Soulstone.
Reply Quote
Sounds a bit like telekinesis.

I think that is closer to it. I was just thinking they should have a better purpose for those crappy weapons, and take advantage of the physics that are in the game. I was thinking have the hero pick up a group of defeated undead and have them swirl around him. If the enemy touches you they get blasted and infected with poison, pestilence or a type of element. He could shoot out an orb pick up a group and electrocute or burn them in the orb while using it to cause damage to others. Like a rampage type hero he just rips the field and everything in it to shreds, where nothing is unusable.
Edited by Duracon051#1389 on 7/1/2012 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Duracon051
Sounds a bit like telekinesis.

I think that is closer to it. I was just thinking they should have a better purpose for those crappy weapons, and take advantage of the physics that are in the game. I was thinking have the hero pick up a group of defeated undead and have them swirl around him. If the enemy touches you they get blasted and infected with poison, pestilence or a type of element. He could shoot out an orb pick up a group and electrocute or burn them in the orb while using it to cause damage to others. Like a rampage type hero he just rips the field and everything in it to shreds, where nothing is unusable.

Talk about "using your enviroment."
Reply Quote
I was thinking an expansion would be a total 180 from act4, where act5 would be an assault on hell by the angels led by Imperius. (He can go nuts if you really want him to die) Obviously Adria would have to be finished as well. While in hell, characters could find Inarius being tortured and A. Kill him or B. Save him. Others such as Lilith could also be involved along the way. The final boss would be the black soulstone (lol fight a rock? Nah) where you smash it open.... and it doesn't destroy the evils, oh no! You would have to fight all 7 evils at once and kill them all to finally destroy them. (I could be wrong but I thought killing evils on Sanctuary banished them to hell, and killing them in hell banished them to the Abyss or something like that) It would be an epic fight having to deal with all 7 at once. I know Diablo was supposed to be crazy powerful as he had all the others in him and they could turn on each other as Tyrael says had happened, but they only did that because they felt they would win, except they would be scared of losing to a nephalem Again. I am reminded of the Uber Tristram level in D2 when I think of this, and all of them could summon their respective minions, have most or all of their individual spells and maybe some extras. I realize it would need some holes filled in but I feel it would conclude it nicely.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping Adria and Imperius ( mainly because i think Adria is the last antagonist the lived in D3 ) and Imperius is well set up to be a villain. The black soulstone fell from the crystal arch at the end of Act 4. Progression of events from Act 5:

- A new zone or a re-envisioned one from D2 will start off Act 5, the black soulstone's evil energies have awakened old spirits bla bla bla or perhaps the remnants of the 7 evils powers are taking influence on the environment. Tyrael informs the Nephalem and Nephalem goes to sort it out

- upon finding the black soulstone, Adria arrives and you work with her to contain it ( as she seems to be the only one knowledgable to use it ). she puts you ''into'' the soulstone to defeat the 'avatars' of the evils within.

- the final of this stage would be Diablo ( form of dark wanderer ) of course, who is feeding off the life force of Leeas innocent spirit within the soul to keep himself alive. You defeat him and eventually free Leeas spirit.

- Now that the soulstone is at bay, Adria reveals that now all the energies that you thought you had destroyed have actually been invested into the nephalem himself/herself ( essentially the nephalem is the sousltone ). And so Adria would use that power to control the high heavens/burning hells and essentially control everything.

- This is where Imperius comes in, after suffering his mortal wound from Diablo at the Diamond gates, as well as most of his energies from when Diablo was atop the Crystal Arch, seeks his power back and is drawn to Adria and the soulstone. In his hunger for power, he kills Adria and begins to draw power from the soulstone ( nephalem ). Leea, realising that the Nephalem is the only hope to stop imperius, sacrifices herself to seperate the Nephalem from the 7 primes and release the nephalem from the soulstone. Imperius, having absorbed the energies is now corrupt, you are in the mortal world. You beat him down. pretty much that. maybe a little more progression towards the boss fight idk just throwing an idea out there

Probs a lot of story elements im forgettiing here.and plot innacuracies and character details but dont really feel like researching it all haha
Reply Quote
Great ideas, i like them both and certainly i will die if i can´t play as a Necromancer again
Reply Quote
Personally, I think the following ideas are weak, poor, basic, uncreative, cop outs:

- fighting imperius: we just crushed the PRIME evil, and saved heaven from complete obliteration. He is simply NOT a threat, and the rest of the council is on your side. So imperius acting alone is laughably easy to deal with. Whats going to happen to make him a threat? Him magically merging with something else? What is this, DBZ? More fusions? Besides, we already did the whole "all evils combined" crap in d3.

- finding the black soulstone being a focus: it would be completely retarded for the black soulstone to play a part in the expansion given the fact that after evil was destroyed, they decided to just let it fall to earth and not do anything to recover it and guard/protect it. If the writers go with the "Oh lol, you know the soulstone that we showed falling to earth, even though your characters could have just grabbed it afterwards? ya, turns out thats a big thing!". Amateur at best.

- finding leah: too unimportant to base an expansion around her. You just destroyed the prime evil, anything left over is childsplay. Are you just going to wade through enemies in search for her soul for an expansion? Lame.

Personally, Im not sure what they can do. They backed themselves into a corner with how d3 went. I think doing something with imperius would be decent. With all of the prime/lesser evils dead, maybe he can escape somehow and turn sanctuary against heaven in revenge. He created sanctuary, so maybe he knows something nobody else does.
Reply Quote
I had a very similar idea to this, most likely because Imperius becoming the villain is the most logical step following the ending of Act 4.

-Imperius believes now, more than ever, that humanity must be eradicated despite the council's admonitions to the contrary

-Imperius hunts for the black soul stone (since it was most likely not destroyed as soulstones can only be destroyed at the hellforge) to unleash it on humanity.

-Tyreal tells you that Leah is the only being who knows where the stone is, but she is in the abyss.

-Malthael, being also angel of death tries to stop you. When you defeat him he is reborn from the crystal arches and he rejoins the Angiris council as the new aspect of life and death, his sanity returned to him.

- as you get nearer to the soulstone you begin to find that the seven demonic powers in the stone have begun to "leak" from the stone, as it was damaged when Diablo was killed.

- You fight aspects of each of the two remaining prime evils (Baal and Mephisto) as you hunt for the stone

-You find the stone just as Imperius does, he is almost completely corrupted by this time

-Final Boss is Imperius

Next Expansion (since there will most likely be multiple): Travel to Hell to destroy the Blacksoul stone

very nice, but I see one problem:
Between D1, D2, and now D3, we have only meet 5 of the 7 evils (Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Belial and Azmadan). Who are the other 2 demons. I think they will play into the expansion with Imperius, or maybe they will be using him instead. And of course we can not leave out Adria, you did not make mention of her.
Reply Quote
I had a very similar idea to this, most likely because Imperius becoming the villain is the most logical step following the ending of Act 4.

-Final Boss is Imperius

Between D1, D2, and now D3, we have only meet 5 of the 7 evils (Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Belial and Azmadan). Who are the other 2 demons. I think they will play into the expansion with Imperius, or maybe they will be using him instead. And of course we can not leave out Adria, you did not make mention of her.

andariel and duriel...
Reply Quote

andariel and duriel...

Nice try but, your wrong...

According to Wikipedia:
Andariel and Duriel are of the four Lesser Evils. Two of the Lesser Evils, Azmodan and Belial, saw the situation as their chance to overthrow the Prime Evils and take control of Hell for themselves.

So again, who are the other 2 prime evils out there??????
Reply Quote

andariel and duriel...

Nice try but, your wrong...

According to Wikipedia:
Andariel and Duriel are of the four Lesser Evils. Two of the Lesser Evils, Azmodan and Belial, saw the situation as their chance to overthrow the Prime Evils and take control of Hell for themselves.

So again, who are the other 2 prime evils out there??????

are you stupid? there are THREE prime evils. and four lesser evils. which gives you seven evils.

go back to school please.
Edited by ForTheTrees#1328 on 7/11/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
God i wish ppl wouldnt keep suggesting Imperius becoming the next evil, I mean yea sure he pisses us off but its too similar to all of blizzard's previous story lines. Good guy turning evil? Check with Kerrigan, Arthas and if rumours are to believed for MOP, Garrosh...

Not that I currently have a better idea for the final villian, but enough with the same old repeated storyline. I would like to see something fresh like maybe the original prime evil dragondude(forgot his name), that would be something.
Reply Quote
Tathamet. And I've figured out a way to have the boss be Tathamet and not actually battle Imperius. Check out my posts in the Horadric Archives.
Reply Quote
07/12/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Melancholy
Tathamet. And I've figured out a way to have the boss be Tathamet and not actually battle Imperius. Check out my posts in the Horadric Archives.

Tathamet was all evil combined into one form. This was essentially what diablo tried to recreate. I dont think we need to do all of that over again a second time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]