Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Expansion

I would like to go back to Pandemonium Fortress and explore what happened to characters like Malthael and Inarius. I could sketch out a plot but I'm kind of a perfectionist so the time spent on something that is improbable just seems moot.

This is my suggestion- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708951310

I gave into it reluctantly.
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/20/2013 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Andariel from Act 1 (D2)
Raven from Act 1 (D2)
Baal from D2 Expansion Act V
Mephisto :)
those good old bosses! i'd love to gank their !@# once again!
Reply Quote
I'll admit, one of the main things I like about that story idea is that it's one I hadn't thought of as being the story behind one of the expansions for D3 (there's supposed to end up being three if memory serves). As for evidence as to Imperius becoming a principal villain, look at a picture of the Lich King from WoW, then look at a picture of Imperius. I personally think the two look pretty similar, granted I may receive screams of "BLASPHEMY!" for comparing WoW to Diablo.

As for a new class, I had an idea that I think would make for an interesting character, although might be difficult to actually make. Simply put, it's a group of warriors to that have taken it upon themselves to protect the people of Sanctuary from possible threats from the Burning Hells AND the High Heavens (they don't trust the High Heavens). They use wisdom and judgement which they pass onto their apprentices to decide if and when to act and they also have a strong sense of justice. As a result, the only member of the High Heavens that they actually have any real reverence for is Tyrael and have gained the moniker of Judicators (or perhaps simply Judges). For combat, they do not rely on magic and cunning, nor do they rely on strength and skills with weapons. Rather, they combine the two into a fighting style of their own.

Conceptually, the class would be have skills that can be effective enough on it's own, but would have at least some meant to play off of other skills in a way that would make them even much more effective to reflect their fighting style. Similarly, I tend to imagine the class as not being a strict ranged or melee class, but would instead have some elements of both, or would be capable of having builds that would be melee, and some that would be ranged. ...Which is also why I think it would be difficult to actually make.
Reply Quote
Its probably a stupid idea but i just got done on the "not so random" thread. It would be cool if they made a level creator... Not a real one just one for us to easy publish ideas to blizzard... Then maybe the dungeons will be actually random instead 3-4 set layouts.
Reply Quote
I believe this game can change, there is high potential for it, I feel the expansion is going to fill a lot of what the game needs. I do believe that each current act can be extended as well as a new one. New spells for each character would be nice as well as new characters. Just give the game some time, it will be around for awhile. If the developers start hearing more positive things, it will help them make a better game. :)
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Kyzczsuj
I believe this game can change, there is high potential for it, I feel the expansion is going to fill a lot of what the game needs. I do believe that each current act can be extended as well as a new one. New spells for each character would be nice as well as new characters. Just give the game some time, it will be around for awhile. If the developers start hearing more positive things, it will help them make a better game. :)

I believe your right, d2 didn't start out great either. What hope for sooner than later is improved map generation. And necromancer ;)
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Kyzczsuj

Admittedly, that's part of the reason I tend to walk away from playing this game for a few months only to come back and start playing again later. Games like this tend to get better with time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
They will Probably continue where each of the follower's stories left off. Also there's the chance that Shen turns out to be some kind of god. Would be interesting to see how they turn out.
Reply Quote
So everyone wants awesome new content next year. Since this thread is just theories i was wondering what classes you would add, not from diablo series. An example is lancer from ff tatics.
Any ideas humour me.
Reply Quote
I'm amazed at how much content people want to repeat. I mean, settings in Diablo III already felt excessively similar to previous settings from Diablo II, sans Act IV.

Let's go somewhere entirely new. Let's fight new enemies. People even want to fight opponents we just killed off in THIS game.

Also, there does not appear to be any logic or reason behind Leah coming back around.

Our hero(ine) seems to be above the demons and the angels in combat, so perhaps the greatest opponent to come will arise from among the nephalem.
Reply Quote
No one suggested a downfall of High Heavens yet?

Diablo has been at the Crystal Arch for some time, he has corrupted it.
The Heavens begin to tremble, Diablo's dead body rolls down the edge.
The whole Silver City begins to gravitate to the world of men, because the Silver Arch now contains both good and evil aspects of Anu, just like humans do.
Angels flee the city, hovering helplessly above, observing in awe the end of their home.
Creaking, heeling and crumbling into pieces, Heavens fall onto the land of men in a worldwide rain of fiery debris.
Angels land on the surface of Sanctuary, as there is no other place for them to go.
Enraged by the horrible disaster, many humans rise against angels.
The war ensues, much to the gloating delight of Zoltun Kulle.
Our heroes have to restore order in the lands, rallying round humans and angels alike for the final attack on the true enemy. As the Evil will inevitably gain the upper hand, as soon as Diablo spawns back from the Black Abyss.

Meanwhile, in the Burning Hells...
Reply Quote
I hope they do not expect us to pay for a expansion when they were so unprofessional that they didn't include pvp in the game...
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Digiduck
If the expansion is free, I don't mind.

02/14/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Garrett
I hope they do not expect us to pay for a expansion when they were so unprofessional that they didn't include pvp in the game...

Likely $40 on release, cheaper later on during sales and in the battlechest.

There's PVP in the game now. It wasn't there at release date but it's not an integral part of these kinds of games like it is with MMORPG's, FPS's, RTS's. It's a side activity, and they said in a post that waiting for PVP to be ready would delay the entire game's release significantly further.
Edited by Ricky2shoes#1357 on 2/17/2013 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Some have guessed that the first expansion will add another act or two to the storyline, in which you hunt down something huge and ugly that Adria has summoned, followed by Adria herself. However, I don't think it should start where act IV left off, as the Prime Evil has been defeated and "glorious new dawn!... wait... never mind" would feel out of place. I think the first expansion should start off with a brand-new act 1.

The Worldstone was made to not only conceal Sanctuary from heaven and hell by Inarius; it was made to inhibit the Nephalem from becoming more powerful than either angels or demons; it turned them into the ordinary people of Sanctuary. Uldyssian was the first ordinary being to revive his Nephalem powers, and he altered the Worldstone to allow people to do so. After he defeated Inarius and he himself died at the end of the Sin War, the Angiris Council and Mephisto agreed to again change the Worldstone to stop the people of Sanctuary from becoming Nephalem. However, after Baal fused his soulstone with it, dooming Sanctuary to the forces of destruction, Tyrael was left no choice but to destroy the Worldstone, regardless of the consequences it might bring. This left Sanctuary exposed to the armies of hell.

More time has passed since the destruction of the Worldstone, and since the first Nephalem to appear in centuries defeated the Prime Evil. The people of Sanctuary are becoming more and more aware of their hidden powers. Cults like the Coven are forming all over the world as people try to gain Nephalem powers, for good or evil.

So... an ordinary soldier of Westmarch discovers he has tremendous power. With it, he singlehandedly turns the tide of a losing battle. The people worship him and he is later made the king of Westmarch. However, he seeks the help of a dark cult to perform rituals so that he can unlock the power to force people do his will, the ability to summon the beings of heaven and hell, and immortality. One day, he journeys his army far from Westmarch, deep into the Wilderness. They are gone for such time that most of the women and children of Westmarch are left to forage for themselves. Some say he has taken his army as far as the Dreadlands. Act I begins as you travel away from Westmarch, in search of the missing king and his army. DUNDUNDUNNNN

I wouldn't want it to be too uncannily similar to Leoric sending the army of Khanduras to fight an unjustified battle with Westmarch, "Emperor Hakan II" of Kehjistan sending the Iron Wolves to Alcarnas, or Arthas taking the Lordaeron army to Northrend. However, I think the fundamental story in that people of Sanctuary try to obtain Nephalem powers and immortality could be pursued. [Insert Malthael and Inarius' return here]
Edited by Ricky2shoes#1357 on 2/17/2013 12:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]