Diablo® III

Apple Developer Conf today! iPhone5/iOS 6!?

Quick note, this thread is not for how much you love android compared to iOS, or other phone hardware/software discussion.

Okay, so today Tim Cook the new CEO will make the keynote at 10am PT. Its widely believed that he will release information on iOS 6, and while an announcement on a new iPhone is unlikely, it hasn't been ruled out.

I'm pretty excited to see what new features are in store :), plus I've been dying waiting for the next iPhone... It's thought that iOS 6 will bring more social features blah blah, and from what I've read the iPhone 5 will be a new design, so perhaps they will unveil something! Although I doubt it given Apple's track record of secrecy...
Edited by Aeternitas#2431 on 6/11/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow this forum is dead! Anyway, keynote was okay, everyone seems a bit disappointed about the lack of an iPhone 5 unveil, but in its place as cornerstone, iOS 6 was revealed.

iOS 6 Updates include:

• Facebook integration!
• A completely new Apple Maps application to replace Google's. (With a really amazing 3D feature)
• Siri upgrades: iPad support, call/text ignoring features
• "Lost my Phone" feature - which allows you to send a number to your lost phone, letting someone call you.
• Photo Stream sharing

A few other small features, but those are the main things.

Other things revealed:
New overpriced macbooks! (Pro + Airs)

Pro: "Apple introduced a MacBook Pro with a 2880x1800 Retina display. It's 0.71 inches thick, weights 4.5 pounds, HDMI port, less glare, and a 2.3 GHz processor. $2199."

Air: "Apple also announced a new MacBook Air. USB 3.0, up to 512GB of storage, 1440x900 screen, 13 inches and 11 inches. the 13-inch will cost 1199 or 1399."

And so concludes the keynote of WWDC... Looks like another fall release for the iPhone then! (Just in time for my phone upgrade, woohoo!)
Edited by Aeternitas#2431 on 6/11/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]