Diablo® III

Unable to Setup SMS Protect

85 Orc Death Knight
RMAH is set to go live tomorrow accoring to in-game message and I was trying to set up the SMS alert feature and it will not let me.

I followed the instructions, input my cell number without region code and it just sits at the screen and nothing happens.

I use AT&T and use a Windows Phone 7 that has an unlimited data plan.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
bump, i have same problem
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Same here.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Now I'm getting an error stating:

Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) numbers cannot be used for this service. Please enter a different mobile telephone number and try again.

But it is not a VOIP line... it's AT&T Wireless. So annoying.
Reply Quote
I got the same problem, but it's Telus mobility and my brother got the same issue over Bell mobility.
Reply Quote
in their script they have a list of known voip numbers, despite the fact that this list of number frequently changes, some numbers can be ported to landlines or cell phones, they tried to implement a security procedure so people have to use regular cell phones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B.S. Information technology Security
A.S. Networking Adminstration
A.S. Digital Forensics
Reply Quote
I want to report that I have been having this issue since before Diablo 3 launched. I opened several tickets and each was closed - some forcibly.

I think this needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.
Reply Quote
IAM the director of IT FOR A LARGE company the SMS will not work with ATT as a last ditch effort. icant get the f ing app to let me input the bnet android sn number into the web it tells me to send it to my divice. then what the divice is spiting out numbers with no place once loged in online to let me enter it. are these people nuts. if i cant figure it out via android or sms how can you
Edited by warriorx#1258 on 1/30/2013 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]