Diablo® III

RMAH Will Not Allow PayPal Setup

(Locked)

Hello, Blizzard.

I noticed that the auction house was back up, so I figured I'd try out the USD function. Now, mind you, I'd been trying to locate the information on how to set up a PayPal account to receive since the game launched, but the information is rather cleverly hidden or non-existent. So, I tried it in-game, and was surprised to learn that the auction house offered to let me set up an account in-game. Naturally, I decided to try it.

Nothing happened. "Click Ok to set up an account now" was the message, but absolutely nothing happened. I clicked it once and the message stayed. After about a minute, I clicked it again and the dialog box closed, returning me to my auction listing (which still would not process).

So, I'm honestly confused as to how this is supposed to work. The Battle.net site offers no information on setup, the in-game client refuses to function, and the forums are devoid of any useful topics (as expected). Can I ask a Blizzard representative to point me in the right direction?
r u trying to link existing papal to bnet or setting up actual paypal account?
You can't set it up in game, go to your battle.net account and payment options you dork.
I set it up from the account management page. It was a pain in the !@# to find, but it was somewhere under a "payment options" thing.
same here
i think is broken atm since the AH is down
I succesfully linked my paypal using some link I found in a FAQ about the AH, really had to dig for it.

But in-game the AH is still giving me the same error that I dont have a Pay Pal set up, and clicking OK does nothing.

Who the hell wants to use Bnet balance? hahaha
same here
i think is broken atm since the AH is down
06/12/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Fizzik
You can't set it up in game, go to your battle.net account and payment options you dork.

Aside from being totally unhelpful, this post violates ToS concerning harassing language. Reported.
same, i BROUGHT d3 on paypal so ofc its linked ( i double checked)
I succesfully linked my paypal using some link I found in a FAQ about the AH, really had to dig for it.

But in-game the AH is still giving me the same error that I dont have a Pay Pal set up, and clicking OK does nothing.

Who the hell wants to use Bnet balance? hahaha

Thank you for the helpful information. Also, thanks to others who contributed. Almost restores my faith in the forums. I will try this now.

By the way, "can't set up in-game"? Try doing so. You will see the exact message I posted about. Can't say I'm surprised this response came up, but still...not helping.
I just got mine set up. You have to go to your account page, make sure SMS security is setup, then link to your paypal account. Once you have paypal in your payment options that's all you need to do on the account page. However, I could not use the paypal payment option until I closed the AH and re-opened it. Seems to be working now but I haven't sold anything yet.
I'm getting the same problem.
People, it's extremely simple. (Took me 30 seconds)

0.) Have an authenticator and SMS set up
----------------------------------
1.) Log into battle net
2.) Go to payment options
3.) Add new payment option (paypal)
4.) Logout and back in Diablo 3
5.) Use the RMAH

Anyone complaining has screwed up one of the steps above.
Edited by Fizzik#1212 on 6/12/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Did some digging and found out that (apparently) you're required to have SMS. Forget how screwed up it is that I have to have texting to do this; let's discuss how/why the "service" refuses to send the code.
06/12/2012 01:02 PMPosted by BlessedWrath
Did some digging and found out that (apparently) you're required to have SMS. Forget how screwed up it is that I have to have texting to do this; let's discuss how/why the "service" refuses to send the code.

As someone who doesn't even own a cellphone (don't ask), this is a bit stupid. I shouldn't have to go out and buy a phone just to use the RMAH.
06/12/2012 12:51 PMPosted by BlessedWrath

Aside from being totally unhelpful, this post violates ToS concerning harassing language. Reported.

Are you serious?
So now I just have to figure out where to set up SMS, fantastic. be back in 30

As someone who doesn't even own a cellphone (don't ask), this is a bit stupid. I shouldn't have to go out and buy a phone just to use the RMAH.

Agreed. I already bought the authenticator; what more do they want?

Also, even after locating a usable phone, I receive Error 31025 every single time. I'm willing to give this some time to settle in, but thus far am not impressed.
Edited by BlessedWrath#1585 on 6/12/2012 1:23 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]