Diablo® III

Mysterious Cave: myth?

(Locked)

XD

i know its not a myth, i just haven't found it yet. whats doubly discouraging is the guide im using says the mysterious chest inside with the liquid rainbow isnt a 100% spawn rate.

anyways, how long did it take you guys to find the liquid rainbow?
I found it almost by accident two days ago. When I picked it up I went. "OH so this is where it was!"
Edited by Freyta#1919 on 6/13/2012 1:15 AM PDT
A bit over an hour. Good luck!
I got it somewhere around my third try.

Liquid rainbow would be the most troublesome item to collect due to:

1) The cave is not always there
2) Even if it is there, the mob that drops this might not always spawn
3) Even if it does spawn, it will not always drop the LR.

Good luck, pal.
found it by accident on my second character on a play through through normal :(
Wasn't so bad. Took quite a few runs but nothing too difficult.
found it 2 times already, once on inferno on my wizard. Created the recipe. Found it 2nd time on my dh on nightmare. Never "farmed" the place. I just went around normally, exploring everything when I found it.

Oh, and take note. The LR will drop from Mysterious Chest, and not a certain mob. And the chest is in the 1st level of the cave, not in 2nd. The mysterious chest looks like a resplendant one
Edited by Truditorul#2371 on 6/13/2012 1:22 AM PDT
found it in the first cave i found! took me about 50 tries though to find the cave.

vault and prep on my DH really cut down on travel time though, wasnt too bad

edit: thanks for replies guys, onto the gemstone!
Edited by aStarman#1944 on 6/13/2012 1:28 AM PDT
It took me about 90 minutes. Including the time to get all the other stuff and make the staff, I probably spend 4 hours real time. Not too bad.
Farmed like crazy for it. Didnt see the cave untill my 50~run. And then the chest wasnt there, fortunately i got the cave 3 times in a row and the third the chest spawned.
My friend and I no more than 15 mins of running different games.
90 Gnome Death Knight
I got it somewhere around my third try.

Liquid rainbow would be the most troublesome item to collect due to:

1) The cave is not always there
2) Even if it is there, the mob that drops this might not always spawn
3) Even if it does spawn, it will not always drop the LR.

Good luck, pal.

Unless you misspelled Caverns of Frost, Chiltara, and Gibbering Gemstone, you are so close to being wrong on all three statements

1) Yes, it is a cave, but the event is what spawns the cave.
2)There is no mob that drops the Liquid Rainbow, it is found in a chest named "Mysterious Chest" which in face is a 100% drop rate and it is there 100% of the time.
3)I think I already addressed this one.

Good luck finding the rainbow, took me like 15 minutes to get everything but the Gibbering Gemstone.
Edited by Wynndecks#1393 on 6/13/2012 1:56 AM PDT
found it on my first time walking around exploring has no clue it was a random spawn lmao
It's not ultra rare. Make sure that you talk to the guy again before going in.
found it on launch day, thought it was just a plain armor dye for 2 weeks.
Took me over 50 runs to find it ... Pain in the nut.
My experience was the chest spawned at level 2 and that's where I got the LR.

found it 2 times already, once on inferno on my wizard. Created the recipe. Found it 2nd time on my dh on nightmare. Never "farmed" the place. I just went around normally, exploring everything when I found it.

Oh, and take note. The LR will drop from Mysterious Chest, and not a certain mob. And the chest is in the 1st level of the cave, not in 2nd. The mysterious chest looks like a resplendant one
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]