Diablo® III

Error 14001. Cannot download agreements.

When logging into Diablo 3, it connects to Battle.net then goes to Authenticating Credentials and ends up loading for about 20-30 seconds and comes up with a prompt saying:

Error:
There was an error downloading agreements. (14001)

I tried all the fixes in other threads. None of those fixes worked. After all my attempts at fixing this error failed, I decided to try to log onto the European Server.

I was able to log in, my credentials/agreements worked fine, I was able to accept them with no problem. I just don't understand why the agreements aren't downloading from the American Servers when they work just fine from the European Servers.

Please help when/if possible.
Thanks.

EDIT:
This fix worked for me, I'm going to try to request this as a sticky.

I was getting this error then I went into my files and Deleted the D3Debug.txt file and restarted Diablo and I was able to long in fine.

Good luck all

Edited by Herty#1685 on 6/13/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After you do this...are your characters there? I got through but there weren't any characters on the Asian/European servers, like it was a first time play. I still can't get into the American servers to see if my characters are safe.
Reply Quote
Appears to only be impacting American Servers at this time. Multiple users reporting the same error. No definitive fix at this time...
Reply Quote
Since it's a separate server, no. You have to create new characters. The characters on the American servers will still be there but you can only play them while on those servers.
Reply Quote
Oh well! guess ill just treat this as a maintainence day and hope they fix it soon!
Reply Quote
I was getting this error then I went into my files and Deleted the D3Debug.txt file and restarted Diablo and I was able to long in fine.

Good luck all
Edited by Xalotaz#1752 on 6/13/2012 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
THANK YOU Xalotaz! That worked for me too!
Reply Quote
that didnt worked for me:( any other ideas plz?
Reply Quote
I'm getting same error, but it's 14009 for me not 14001. I tried the battle.net way to address the issue for 14009 and it failed to work. I then tried to do the one for this error because it seems the same. It again failed. I'm at a loss now. I guess I will have to check some other time to see if there are any other ideas. Thanks for posting an idea for me to try.
Reply Quote
Hello all.

I tried deleting the D3Debug.txt and then when I relaunch the game and I go back to the Diablo 3 file I see the D3Debug.txt file is back and I still cant get in. Does anybody else have any suggestions, or maybe have an idea why it reappears.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I fixed the problem by disabling PeerBlocker, then logged in and accepted the new terms. After that you can enable PeerBlocker again.
Reply Quote
Hi ApeWire,

I do not have Mac but have Windows. Just Uninstalled game and still cannot play. Does anybody have any other tips.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I too was getting the error and like Apewire said, it was due to running Peerblock. Once I allowed the IP addresses through (208.111.128.69:1119 and 208.111.128.27:1119) then the agreements downloaded just fine.

Make sure you are not blocking these IPs with firewalls etc (I play on EU servers so IPs might be different for other regions).
Edited by Drackya#2720 on 6/20/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I been struggling with this problem for months on one of my computers so after trying everything and got all kinds of stupid replies from Blizzard support I finally worked out what the problem was. It seems like this problem always is network related and in my case the game had found a http proxy setting in my environment variables. The game should not do this so I consider it a bug. I'm not using a proxy.

So, my solution was (Win7): go to Control Panel\System and Security\System, click on Advanced system settings. Click on "Environment Variables". Under the System variables section, find http_proxy and simply delete it. Now I was able to log in again.
Reply Quote
Just downloaded Patch 2.02 and I too am getting the this error. any steps for fixing the proxies and what not through a MAC?
Reply Quote
any idea on how to accomplish this on a MAC?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]