Diablo® III

FAILED to read a required file

FAILED to read a required file. Please close all other applications and temporarily deactivate my anti virus... well idk how to fix this... its after i click on the game and it initialized or whatever.. please help :D
Reply Quote
yea.. and it comes up but after it says initializing the window pops up saying failed to read a required file -_-
Reply Quote
same problem its some bull!@#$ i hate d3 lol i havnt even got to get passed the 5th wp nothing but problems and it looks like a wow with league of legends playstyle with d3 story
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue, why is it so hard to play this game. Every couple of time I try, it gives some random error. Servers are down, game is updating...fffffff just let me play!
Reply Quote
:'( SAME HERE. 'failed to read a required file...' while installing.WHAT REQUIRED FILE?? what is going on Blizzard?? I disabled anti Virus and everything. no 'other applications' running! WHY? WHY? :``(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
VansoM

What security programs do you have installed?
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
@Dankorii

I tried calling and the wait time was 99 minutes so I just hung up... Anyway, I am using Norton, but I tried doing everything it said: Turn off anti-virus and close all other programs. If you have a solution I would love to know!

Thanks,
Brosky
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Brosky

Norton has been known to cause issues with games. Sometimes temporarily disabling it is not enough to determine whether it was interfering or not. Would you be willing to temporarily uninstall it?

If you are, I'd use the Norton Removal Tool to ensure it's removed properly.

Here's the link for the Norton Removal Tool:
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid=&docurl=20080828154508EN

When you click on the link scroll down to Step 2, click on the orange download button and save the download to the desktop. Once saved go ahead and run the program, and follow the on screen steps.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

Reply Quote
Dankorii, that worked! But now i'm gonna have to redownload my AV -_-
Edited by Brosky#1597 on 6/15/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Brosky

I'm glad to hear that worked. If you wanted to check out a different AV, I rarely see issues with Avast.

Here's a link: http://www.avast.com/en-us/index

They have a free version that works pretty well.

Reply Quote
For the record, im having the same issue, and IM using Avast
Reply Quote
I had this issue as well. The update file was locked by the Battle.net agent. It seems like the agent (Agent.exe) hung and killing it released the file.

Diablo III was then able to read said file and play the game correctly.
Reply Quote
Dankorii, this is the second time I haven't been able to run the game because of an update. I strongly suggest to enable a "play offline" option since there is no sense for these problem for single players!
It sounds ridiculous to me that I should uninstall my anti virus in order to update a game produced by a serious and well know company.

Anyway, I uninstalled AVG, the patch was downloaded but when I run the game and log in it tells me the game is not up to date, closes it and returns me to the launcher that strictly announces the game is up to date.

From one problem straight to the next one.
Any other suggestions, or should I just uninstall Diablo and forget it ever existed ?
Edited by Wednesday#2961 on 6/19/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i dont know why McGee, but it worked
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I had this issue as well. The update file was locked by the Battle.net agent. It seems like the agent (Agent.exe) hung and killing it released the file.

Yep.. I did this it downloaded the update again and is now stuck at Launching. I am using MS Security Essentials and it is disabled at the moment. Any other ideas that might get this to work?

Thanks,
Reply Quote
I have the exact same problem i have disabled Norton 360 didn't work uninstalled it didn't work, i can get past it if i just launch Daiblo3.exe and run it but then it just crashes! and this is the only game that has this problem!
Edited by Rehok#2170 on 6/21/2012 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Just wanted to chime in and say that this worked for me as well. MS Security Essentials was disabled and didn't help, but killing the agent process resolved it just fine. Thanks for that!
Reply Quote
I had this problem. It's because for some reason the downloader is still running in the background. Open task manager, go to the processes tab, find all instances of "Agent.exe", select them and then click "End Process". Restart D3 and you are good to go.

It's not your antivirus, it's the diablo 3 downloader/launcher.
Reply Quote
I'm gathering this problem happened to people that exited the blizz downloader part way through? just open task manager, click the processes tab and end all the agent.exe processes before reopening the blizz downloader and you'll be sweet.
worked for me anyway!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]