Diablo® III

More Ninja Hotfixes?!

Actually no, hfxRos, it's not clear. You're parsing the full sentence and Razeth had every right to include the "for the most part" portion of it as that was the opening of the sentence and affects the end of the sentence.

He/she is finding an inconsistency in the full sentence, showing how one part contradicts another. You, on the other hand, are using tunnel vision to scramble to high ground in an arranged debate.

I love the answers without actually answering anything. If evasive fire did NOT change, say so. Your answer is so vague. "for the ...most part.... it has always been a straight line" wtf is that?

Hey please tell us how we broke our game. Blizzard is a joke.

Do you people have reading comprehension issues or are you just nitpicking so that you can call CM's a liar or hate on something??

The CM just described that Evasive Fire does in fact have a small range, a small width for the "straight line" of the attack. He said there is a rune that does a "cone" affect. So, he is just fine in saying that "for the most part, it has and always has fired in a straight line"... the "fore the most part" is obviously referring to the "small range" that he said the skill uses. It is not a straight extremely thin line, like a single arrow shot or something, the skill has a small "width" but it is obviously much much smaller compared to the "cone" effect of the rune.

You people really should get a life.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 6/13/2012 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:37 AMPosted by FizzleWizzle
Blizz doesn't care, there making millions off the RMAH off stupid kids buying crap gear for outrageous prices.

And the players are making hundreds of times that amount of money. So whats your point?
Reply Quote
I love the answers without actually answering anything. If evasive fire did NOT change, say so. Your answer is so vague. "for the ...most part.... it has always been a straight line" wtf is that?

Hey please tell us how we broke our game. Blizzard is a joke.

Translation: "I can't actually read what's being said to me. I prefer to read my own interpretation, then get mad at that interpretation, and then blame Blizzard for it. Even though the entire exchange occurred solely in my head."
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/13/2012 11:31 AMPosted by DarkSoul
you do think we are stupid dont you?

No, but I think comments like these only serve to hinder communication rather than promote it. (But, hey, that's just me.)

What's up? Are you experiencing an issue? If so, with what? You're not giving me much to work with here. =/

06/13/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Logicstomp
THis is still worded weird... so SINCE the patch came out it hasnt changed? So this can be read as it was changed in 1.0.2 but not after... your so dumb

Even further clarity (since I can understand partly when there might be some confusion):

- Evasive Fire shoots in a straight line.
- It has worked this way since the game launched.
- Covering Fire will make Evasive Fire shoot in a cone.
- We have not made any changes to Evasive Fire or its skill runes that would change this.

If you, or other players, are experiencing something different when using Evasive Fire, then we may need to look into it as a possible bug.
Edited by Lylirra on 6/13/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1) doubtful it's millions
2) If the game sucks, nobody will want to continue playing, nobody will buy gear at the RMAH. They do care. They have an incentive to make sure people find the game worth continuing to play.

There are almost 7 million people who bought this game... so even if just 1 million of those people bought one item from the RMAH Blizzard has made a million or so from the RMAH. But... the players have made at least that... if not tens...hundreds of times more... so... the players are the ones making money here.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 6/13/2012 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Stop making up B.S. when there are real issues with the game that need to be addressed.

1.0.3 where art thou?
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Lylirra

No, but I think comments like these only serve to hinder communication rather than promote it. (But, hey, that's just me.)

What's up? Are you experiencing an issue? If so, with what? You're not giving me much to work with here. =/

THis is still worded weird... so SINCE the patch came out it hasnt changed? So this can be read as it was changed in 1.0.2 but not after... your so dumb

Even further clarity (since I can understand partly when there might be some confusion):

- We have not made any changes to Evasive Fire or its skill runes that would change this.

If you, or other players, are experiencing something different when using Evasive Fire, then we may need to look into it as a possible bug.

Does it make you want to kill yourself? The fact that you have to explain simple sentences to people like they are 4 years old?

i would never, in a million years, ask for your job. I couldn't handle dealing with this many petulant idiots every day. (and i teach high school in the inner city.... so i know about dealing with petulant idiots.)

kudos to you, sir. kudos.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 08:46 AMPosted by TyCobb
What I do have a problem with is game changing hotfixes without a changelog.

If I ever rolled out a change to a production environment sans a changelog I would be fired immediately.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/13/2012 11:39 AMPosted by SpawN
i'm glad this is not intended as it's very annoying...but do you plan to fix it? and i mean this week and not in the end of the month on 1.0.3 lol

We absolutely want to fix this. We may be able to fix it as quickly as patch 1.0.3, but that may change depending on how difficult it is to solve and/or test.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Lylirra for president. This is how you need to deal with America.
Reply Quote

hehe... finally it's idiot proof... or is it? :I
Reply Quote
Now, I'm usually negative towards Blizzard's decisions on D3 lately (as you can tell by viewing my posts), but they seem to be pretty clear in what they've done in each patch (whether you like it or not is irrelevent to this point I'm making). Just because you have negative emotions towards them right now (like I do) doesn't mean you have to go through and take each word/sentence and try to figure out a different meaning. It's pretty clear what they said and arguing over other possible, but unlikely, meanings is just a waste of time which could be better spent discussing improvements to the game.
Reply Quote

I envy your patience and your general threshold for stupidity. I would have lost it a long, long time ago with some of these people.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:54 AMPosted by hebrew

Does it make you want to kill yourself? The fact that you have to explain simple sentences to people like they are 4 years old?

i would never, in a million years, ask for your job. I couldn't handle dealing with this many petulant idiots every day. (and i teach high school in the inner city.... so i know about dealing with petulant idiots.)

kudos to you, sir. kudos.

HAHAHA I was just going to say then don't work in the public sector. Too late. =)~

My wife and I have been pulling our hair out for years.

No really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]