Diablo® III

More Ninja Hotfixes?!

06/13/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Sanlucifer
It is pointless to ask if drops rate was nerfed or quality drops or etc, we all know for fact that something changed and even if they say no we still be dealing with it UNLESS it is a bug and they find out what happened and fix it..

Which is the point. If there was some inadvertent change made, perhaps by bringing it to their attention will help fix it. Though as I said previously I doubt this type of change could be unintentional.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Any word on this? Not sure what the turnaround time is like (no idea how your work setting is).

Not yet. I hope to be able to share a response by the end of the day.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
Any word on this? Not sure what the turnaround time is like (no idea how your work setting is).

Not yet. I hope to be able to share a response by the end of the day.

Thanks, I'll bookmark the thread and check tonight! I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Lylirra
i'm glad this is not intended as it's very annoying...but do you plan to fix it? and i mean this week and not in the end of the month on 1.0.3 lol

We absolutely want to fix this. We may be able to fix it as quickly as patch 1.0.3, but that may change depending on how difficult it is to solve and/or test.

That's not good news for people hoping 1.0.3 would be released next week, is it?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/13/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Tatersack
Lylirra, any comment on drop rates?

I just spoke with QA and our designers and they've confirmed that no recent changes have been made to drop rates (especially not yesterday).

If players are really concerned, though, and have tangible evidence of some of kind of specific issue with item drop rates, they're welcome to report their experiences in the Bug Report forum.
Reply Quote
Hey Lylirra, since you are posting here, would it be too much to ask if you know whether the affix "Increased damage to elites" is going to work in 1.0.3? Right now it's not working as far as I can tell doing tests on it. Thanks.
Reply Quote
this guy is my hero:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Tseric

Haha, I never played WoW, so I never knew about this guy. I'm sure every blue wishes he/she could post that way. The people on these forums can be so moronic.

I know right? I would give Blizzard more money if they would allow their CM's to loosen up and be more like this. Truth hurts and blues just can't honestly tell it like it is.
Edited by Krojack#1117 on 6/13/2012 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1) doubtful it's millions
2) If the game sucks, nobody will want to continue playing, nobody will buy gear at the RMAH. They do care. They have an incentive to make sure people find the game worth continuing to play.

There are almost 7 million people who bought this game... so even if just 1 million of those people bought one item from the RMAH Blizzard has made a million or so from the RMAH. But... the players have made at least that... if not tens...hundreds of times more... so... the players are the ones making money here.

What kind of redneck logic is this?

Those are many...many different people making only a small amount. Blizzard is making money from everyone. I highly doubt any person (or even group for that matter) has made anything close to the money than blizzard has already.

Yea the people are the ones getting all the money they worked for! Hey the government just takes a little bit right.
Edited by Apollo#1940 on 6/13/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Lylirra
The first thing I noticed is with Demon Hunters. Now when you teleport (to town or new zone, such as Royal Crypts to the Skeleton King), their Sharpshooter resets. Not a HUGE deal, but an inconvenience.

Sharpshooter is currently resetting not only after teleporting, but also when moving around items in your inventory. This is a bug (not an intended change).

they nerfed evasive fire.....now it shoots in a straight line, not a cone

Evasive Fire has a rune that makes it fire in a cone (Covering Fire). It also has a small, narrow range that it searches when fired, but it's an extremely narrow range. For the most part, though, the default skill and most of the rune variants are, and always has been, a straight line.

This is how it's worked since the game launched, and we haven't made any changes to this skill or its skill runes that would affect how it shoots.

06/13/2012 08:43 AMPosted by OnionKnight
Input limit reached and limit to game creation is still occurring. Unbelievable.

This should not be occurring (see [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159597"]this post[/url]). Can you please provide more information?

It also gets reset when you shoot really, really stupid barrels or other things that might have money in them.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Lylirra
Lylirra, any comment on drop rates?

I just spoke with QA and our designers and they've confirmed that no recent changes have been made to drop rates (especially not yesterday).

If players are really concerned, though, and have tangible evidence of some of kind of specific issue with item drop rates, they're welcome to report their experiences in the Bug Report forum.

I am sure this is not from yesterday or today, this started to happen to me and my friends who notice right away 3-4 days ago.
Reply Quote
stupid players: OMFG WHY DID YOU NINJA HOTFIX EVASIVE FIRE

blue post: we have not changed evasive fire at all recently

competent human being interpreting blue post: there was no ninja hotfix to evasive fire

stupid players: OMFG YOU ARE BEING EVASIVE WITH YOUR ANSWERS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CHANGED EVASIVE FIRE BEFORE 1.02 I'M NOW UPSET ABOUT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND ATTRIBUTING YOUR ANSWER FROM ONE QUESTION TO A QUESTION I NEVER ASKED.
Reply Quote
Why can't you just put ALL the patch notes into a patch instead of 3 things which no one cares about?
You changed loot, resplendent chest spawns and a couple of more things without ANY announcement, sometimes we have to beg you to atleast tell us why or what you have changed (force armor or smoke screen anyone?).
Don't you think it is a bit embarassing for a company with over 15 years experience in "games", shouldn't you be able, by the time, to handle the information you pass to your customers?
Sorry, I can't understand your behaviour and it's just kinda sad.
If you are looking for a person who is able to type more than three patch notes, send me an e-mail.
sorry for grammar mistakes, not my native language - but it should be understandable.

Sad enough that we, europeans, have to come here and to ask you, as our blues arent even able to translate the important messages in time (seriously, do you tell them to stop chatting with the community or anything like that? if thats their job it must be a pretty satisfying one, copypasting your message into our forums - speaking from german forums)
My purpose isn't offensive, so don't get me wrong, it's just a bit weird and feels wrong.

Sadly this is not even close to the same company that it once was.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:46 AMPosted by EmberIX
Arrigorn, you're rearranging the sentence and telling me that it's clear. If it was clear you wouldn't have had to rearrange it in the first place.

Haha! No, he is just helping you read. The sentence was clear as originally written.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/13/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Sanlucifer

I am sure this is not from yesterday or today, this started to happen to me and my friends who notice right away 3-4 days ago.

Yeah, 3-4 days ago is definitely included within "recently". Gather evidence and make a post in the Bug Report forums.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Lylirra
Sharpshooter is currently resetting not only after teleporting, but also when moving around items in your inventory. This is a bug (not an intended change).

I don't know a ton about coding, but how do you accidentally put this in? Since it was not happening before why was it changed?
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Cid
I don't know a ton about coding, but how do you accidentally put this in? Since it was not happening before why was it changed?

There might of been a bug with Sharp Shooter when changing equipment and they need to recalculate the dps correctly so reset the Sharp Shooter modifier back to zero when you change gear.

By making changes to code, you may quite easily create a bug(s) by moving two lines of code around break something and if your not testing directly for it then you will not notice it. Like someone removed an If Statement to check the item was in "Equipped" to do the reset.

If you do any kind of Object Orientated programming you would realise you can get some especially quirky bugs by putting one line of code in the wrong place.

I certainly wouldn't question the reasons why the changes were made but rather the QA on testing.
Edited by Lorcan#2927 on 6/13/2012 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]