Diablo® III

Higher DPS Xbow vs Lower with Socket

Hey, I'm currently using an xbow with 1150 dps (no other stats other than increased atk speed), just wondering if I'd see a dps increase with an xbow around 1000 dps but with a socket for a crit dmg gem, any advice appreciated, thanks!
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Sopaid
Hey, I'm currently using an xbow with 1150 dps (no other stats other than increased atk speed), just wondering if I'd see a dps increase with an xbow around 1000 dps but with a socket for a crit dmg gem, any advice appreciated, thanks!

Yes :D

Depends how much lower however. Getting a 1002 dps would stilll be wayyyyy better.

Edit: Use this http://www.d3dps.com/node/34
Edited by LordAzuRa#1796 on 6/13/2012 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes your dps number will go up by leaps and bounds.

not just the neat attack speed genrated dps on the char sheet.

there is a DH gear generator tool you can use.

Basically any x-bow with with at least 1k dps (actual damage being like 800-1100ish, 1.10 APS,)
with a socket is better than any 50 mil or $250 bow or x-bow that does not have such dps stats or socket.
Reply Quote
of course remember to look for a 1k dps x-bow with 1.10 attack speed and high base damage and a socket.

if you get lucky you can get a good affix like vit or dex for not much more.

a Emerald star costs about 700k in the AH (a little more to make).

Whats nice about such an x-bow is that you can eventually put a perfect emerald in it.

This is a great way to get through act 3/4 Inferno before patch to be boss.

These type of x-bows are going to be in super high demand within a few weeks. As rolling such an affix in Seigebreaker farms is next to impossible and thats what EVERYONE will want as a sub GOLDY wep until they get a socket/crit damage 1k dps x-bow.
Reply Quote
I think if you match the dps and crit dmg soc on a bow

a bow is actually stronger than an xbow with archery passive.

Thing is, bow's have less max dps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]