Diablo® III

Buying D3 as a gift?

I'm not sure this is the right place for this but seeing as how I can't submit a ticket because it keeps erroring on me, it will have to do. I was under the impression that I could purchase games as gifts and the code would be emailed to them as per this page http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-store-faq#q13 but apparently my account is limited to a single license of the game and there is no buy or gift button period. How would I go about buying D3 as a gift or is that page flat out lying to me?
Reply Quote
Bump?
Reply Quote
Really stupid move on Blizzard's part. I just logged in to purchase a gift copy for a friend and was greeted with "License Limit Reached"

You don't want my money? Fine.

*puts wallet away*
Reply Quote
Bump...I also want to buy it for a friend...come on guys!
Reply Quote
Ive been trying tobuy one for my friend for over two months
Reply Quote
Yeah! we are willing to pay for our buds! c'mon blizzard! stop limiting us and take our money! We want to play with our friends!
Reply Quote
Old thread... I guess this issue was never fixed since I cant buy D3 and RoS for a friend... awesome.
Reply Quote
Same here. Want to purchase for my daughter who lives elsewhere, but nope, no gift option. Not sure I'm understanding their reasoning here.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/29/2014 01:17 PMPosted by DescentMan
Old thread... I guess this issue was never fixed since I cant buy D3 and RoS for a friend... awesome.

11/30/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Battalia
Same here. Want to purchase for my daughter who lives elsewhere, but nope, no gift option. Not sure I'm understanding their reasoning here.

odd thing about that, and there was another thread about it too, when RoS was in pre-release there WAS a gift option for the digital purchase. in fact i even tried it. it sends the person you gift the license code to their email so they can attach it to their battle.net. if they dont have one then all they have to do is create an account.

now though....
no gift option available. i went through the entire purchase process looking for the gift option due to the other thread ppl asking about it and right up to where it asks for payment there is no such option.

kinda ridiculous that they have removed it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]