Diablo® III

Unable to validate core data files?

This is becoming a serious issue now, since launch it's happened a few times, but in the last few days it's happened at least 5-6 times a day. I have re installed my game 3 times now and the problem still persists. What do I do to fix this? I hate getting 5 stacks and going into a boss when this happens and I lose all of my stacks. = \
Reply Quote
Waiting for reply as I am experiencing the same problem.
Reply Quote
If you get a response can you post it here?
Reply Quote
Is there any way to actually fix this Blizzard?
Reply Quote
Actually I am waiting for them to respond on your thread lol
Reply Quote
I'm not sure i will get a response but I sure hope I get some info on how to stop this from happening so often
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It would be an indication that one or more game files may have become corrupted. As we don't yet have a repair utility available, the best thing to do unfortunately is probably to reinstall after first deleting the game installation. You can also try deleting these two folders first which would be faster and then if it still happens, continue on and reinstall.

C:\Programdata\Blizzard Entertainment
C:\Programdata\Battle.net

Reply Quote
Surprised someone finally got the attention of a CM. Took so many threads to get a response generated. This has been happening to me ever since the second patch came out. I have the exact same issue as the original poster. Really sucks losing all stacks when you're trying to enter the royal crypts for the first time.
Reply Quote
Heh, tried to take the advice of the blue and re-launched the launcher and got the error before I could even join a game. Awesome.
Reply Quote
Even tried to roll back the driver to just use with default settings. Let me know when you fix your game so I can play it again.
Reply Quote
I just got home so I'm about to check if this fix that the blue suggested works! Will update if anything happens
Reply Quote
Can't even play due to super high latency problems = \
Reply Quote
I just woke up and logged in... I am just checking the auction and BOOM!! the error came up. Will have to try what blue suggested. Slurrpy how's it going?
Reply Quote
same problem here...
Reply Quote
Edited by Sp1d3r#1855 on 6/14/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Strictly for documentation, I will list things I have done to try to correct this:

Uninstalls and reinstall the two most recent nvidia graphics drivers
Uninstalled and reinstalled game from disc and digital download
Deleted files from the /updates/ folder
Deleted the two folders listed by the blizzard csr

This error hits me mostly when transitioning to a new place, such as a dungeon....but I give up for now. The support aspect of this situation is lacking.
Reply Quote
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Keep getting the error and can't seem to get a straight fix or answer from Blizz..........
Reply Quote
I have done everything possible to fix this issue including what the blue post said and I still get the stupid error... It seems to only happen in Act 2 but I still am unable to level any character or do anything in Act 2 anymore because of this
Reply Quote
I just got this error, too. I think it might be caused by faulty RAM.

I'm waiting on some new memory in the mail, and the error isn't occurring consistently.
Edited by Magikarp#1376 on 6/15/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]