Diablo® III

Blizzard, I beseech you. Please Answer! (SMS)

Hey there. I am still enjoying diablo 3 but one thing that is making me increasingly angry is that I can not use the RMAH to cash out. My phone is a virgin mobile prepaid android with unlimited data and texting including SMS but blizzard will not let me sign up for SMS protect. Because of this, I am locked out of cashing out with the RMAH. I find it completely ridiculous that because I do not have a contract phone, I can not use the RMAH with pay pal. Surely there has to be another option that does not lock out a large percentage of the playerbase from using a feature that was advertised on the back of the box. At the very least, you could allow us to buy wow game time with the battle.net balance.

Blizzard, please respond and tell me what is going on here. Are you guys looking into this, or is this final and I should give up trying? Thanks...
Reply Quote
At the very least, they should have a list of the prepaid services that will work with the rmah.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 09:03 AMPosted by anonie
At the very least, they should have a list of the prepaid services that will work with the rmah.

Yea, at the very least. I bought the game thinking I would be able to sell stuff with the RMAH. No where did it say that I also had to have a contract phone.
Reply Quote
I just wrote a post about this exact issue. I use a trackphone and have the same problem. their reasoning behind it is absurd.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey there. I am still enjoying diablo 3 but one thing that is making me increasingly angry is that I can not use the RMAH to cash out. My phone is a virgin mobile prepaid android with unlimited data and texting including SMS but blizzard will not let me sign up for SMS protect. Because of this, I am locked out of cashing out with the RMAH. I find it completely ridiculous that because I do not have a contract phone, I can not use the RMAH with pay pal. Surely there has to be another option that does not lock out a large percentage of the playerbase from using a feature that was advertised on the back of the box. At the very least, you could allow us to buy wow game time with the battle.net balance.

Blizzard, please respond and tell me what is going on here. Are you guys looking into this, or is this final and I should give up trying? Thanks...

Should have confirmed your service will work before you tried to use a completely optional item with D3.

That would be like making them responsible if someone buys teh game but their computer can't handle it.

Blizzard should not be held responsible to make sure someones phone service works with everything they have.

That's just crazy considering all the possible carriers available.
Edited by FrostPrime41#1228 on 6/13/2012 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Should have confirmed your service will work before you tried to use a completely optional item with D3.

Why would I have a reason to believe it wouldn't?
Reply Quote
View profile

common sense, see above why.
Reply Quote

That would be like making them responsible if someone buys teh game but their computer can't handle it.

Blizzard should not be held responsible to make sure someones phone service works with everything they have.

That's just crazy considering all the possible carriers available.

The thing is, my smartphone should work with it! I can recieve SMS fine. Blizzard just isn't letting it. And really, your computer analogy makes no sense. If you go into the store and look at the box, it has the minimum requirements on the back of the box so you can tell if you can use it. It doesn't say what kind of phone you need on the back of the box.
Edited by Muffinmans#1902 on 6/13/2012 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Thats not common sense, common sense is that because blizzard requires SMS, it is also up to them to make sure that it works, no matter what carrier you have.
Reply Quote

Thats not common sense, common sense is that because blizzard requires SMS, it is also up to them to make sure that it works, no matter what carrier you have.

Exactly. Hopefully they will get it to work in time, but they have not said they will yet..
Reply Quote
Is there any chance that we will get a blizzard response? Or will we just be ignored even longer?
Reply Quote
My iPhone (AT&T) won't work with it either. I assume it has something to do with the mass contract plan my company has with AT&T. I opened a ticket it on it a few days ago when I saw it was required, but the first response indicated they weren't sure why.

I have to admit it kind of sucks, and I'm genuinely curious as to the reasoning behind it.

Not a huge deal for me personally, but I can see where this would be a significant concern for those who were looking forward to using the RMAH.
Reply Quote
My iPhone (AT&T) won't work with it either. I assume it has something to do with the mass contract plan my company has with AT&T. I opened a ticket it on it a few days ago when I saw it was required, but the first response indicated they weren't sure why.

I have to admit it kind of sucks, and I'm genuinely curious as to the reasoning behind it.

Not a huge deal for me personally, but I can see where this would be a significant concern for those who were looking forward to using the RMAH.

Yea, its extremely disappointing.
Reply Quote
I just opened up a ticket about it. Ill try and leave this page open, and post what they say.
Reply Quote
View profile

Mine works and I have a company plan as well. Ask your boss if you can use your work phone for selling on-line actions in a video game.

Maybe he will change your plan...
Reply Quote
View profile

The thing is, my smartphone should work with it! I can recieve SMS fine. Blizzard just isn't letting it. And really, your computer analogy makes no sense. If you go into the store and look at the box, it has the minimum requirements on the back of the box so you can tell if you can use it. It doesn't say what kind of phone you need on the back of the box.

You read it yourself.. MINIMUM requirements to play the game.

You can have a computer way over any requirements to play the game.

You DO NOT need to use the RMAH to play the game, its 100% OPTIONAL.

Again, do you think Blizzard is require for something on your end, such as your cable service not working or at a slower speed that causes lag on your end?

Not optional in this case since its an on-line game, but totally not Blizzard's responsibility.

I'm not sure if I can explain this any simpler.
Reply Quote
View profile

Oh, so not only do you need a cellphone, but a contract with the provider just to be able to get money off the RMAH?
Blizzard... this scam needs to stop immediately.

Finally, someone that has some common sense.
Reply Quote
I too had this same issue yesturday.

What really bugs me is the fact that blizzard is basically saying, only people with major carriers can make money off in-game items. Those of you that are in college, are on a budget, and want to use boost as a viable phone option can go screw yourselves.

I don't see why they don't provide equal opportunity for everyone. This is a real slap in the face to everyone that has boost, and i too demand that Boost be added to the SMS protection service.
Reply Quote

Oh, so not only do you need a cellphone, but a contract with the provider just to be able to get money off the RMAH?
Blizzard... this scam needs to stop immediately.

Finally, someone that has some common sense.

Yep, hoping we can get a post from blizzard on this soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]