Diablo® III

Error 44 AKA Muted Detailed Explanation

Take a deep breath and bear with me. I'm sure I'm not the only victim here.

It's a shame that this error has occurred, especially as I suspect it's due to an error of a Blizzard employee. My account has been muted. And there's no explanation of why on my Battle.net Account page, which I'm referred to "for more information." I have checked my email and have not received one as well. In fact, I checked my Account Status for Diablo 3: Active. And I've been muted for well over an hour.

As there is absolutely NO INFORMATION about why someone gets muted. I've searched Google, and over 20 threads on the forum. I'm left to intuition.

Reasons players get muted: Spamming, harassment, Insulting players
Reasons players should get muted: Spamming, harassment, insulting players who do not deserve it.

Spamming would involve doing something like saying the same thing over again (i.e. the D3 Gold for $$ Spammers who also send Friend Requests). Another example would be someone using the up arrow to put back in their chat box their most recently typed message (including linked gear) to have your listing in Trade/General Chat appear more times.
For those of you needing further explanation:

Spammer: [Item link #1] xxxK PM TIME: 0:5
Spammer: [Item link #1] xxxK PM TIME: 0:6

Harassment would have to be on General or other public chat servers specifically targetting a player. Pretty self explanatory.

An example of spam and harassment would be via private message:

[Troll #1] whispers: umad? TIME: 03

Insulting players is also pretty self explanatory. There is a mature language filter. I doubt , however, that prevents one from being reported and punished by Blizzard. Swearring excessivly or just insulting a player. (i.e. You're a dumb f%@#$@# idiot who doesn't know how the AH works.) Just because someone doesn't have the experience or knowledge you think he/she is lacking, doesn't mean that they deserve to be insulted excessively. People have feelings, I'm told. :D
Insulting a player who does deserve it is tough to descern, because people are pretty stupid. That's an observation and not a statement directed at any one person. So if there's a troll (someone who gave up on playing the game as it's intended--my definition), who decides to try to ruin business on the Trade channel by saying a particular item isn't worth what the seller says. Any player, may View Profile > View Heroes > Inspect Heroes to determine that the player is only level 26, and has no gear whatsoever, and really doesn't know anything about the current market value or economy of the game. They may in fact in public chat call the troll out and call them Small Fry for failing to troll.
Example:
SylvaCoin: Sorry that you think that this ilvl62 item is only worth 50k because you're too poor, Small Fry. If you quit trolling, you'd be able to earn the money instead of bothering others trying to play the game.
The reaon for this post is I suspect I have been reported by many trolls who I put in their place. It's easy, only takes a minute of my time to view profile and call them out. But it's easy for them to right click my name and select Spam or Harassment. What I hope is that there isn't a company who is so stupid or lazy as to just determine punishment based on the number of reports and not on what the reports say, or actually checking the logs themselves.
Until then folks, I'll be beating up trolls. Because they try to ruin games for gamers. :D

-SylvaCoin AKA Billy the Goat Gruff
Reply Quote
I got muted too
Reply Quote
Still no response. Shocking.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
SylvaCoin,

This is not a Technical Support issue that can be addressed in this forum. You'll need to speak to a Billing representative and see if they can provide you with any information. I will say that if you continue doing whatever resulted in being muted, even if you feel it's within your rights, you'll most likely have it happen again and the restriction will be longer next time and the time after that. Account closure is a possibility if it continues.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 7am to 8pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

This is not a Technical Support issue that can be addressed in this forum. You'll need to speak to a Billing representative and see if they can provide you with any information. I will say that if you continue doing whatever resulted in being muted, even if you feel it's within your rights, you'll most likely have it happen again and the restriction will be longer next time and the time after that. Account closure is a possibility if it continues.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 7am to 8pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

Are you serious? This is the reason why I have started posting on the forums.

EDIT i'll quote it in a minute

I still have yet to have received an explanation for why I was muted as I was told would happen. So if I'm unaware of why I was reprimanded (even if it was or was not without cause) then how am I supposed to not do it again?

Some companies do not understand what customer service is apparently.

I want to talk to this guy. Serepthalos. He should get promoted because he actually knows how to offer customer service. Seriously, one of him makes up for a lot of poor reps.
Edited by SylvaCoin#1666 on 6/13/2012 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
While we would love to help you out with this, our scope of support that we offer for Diablo 3 is very different from the support we offer our other games. You will need to report this on our bug forums on the website. They can be found at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/

Please create a thread on this particular forums as our development and quality assurance team are closely monitoring them. They will be glad to take a look into it and see where the issue might be.

If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this ticket. We would be glad to look into it for you.

Regards,

I edited it to take out the name of the representative, although I don't think I should have to.

EDIT: This is a response to a ticket I submitted regarding an issue I had with the AH.
Edited by SylvaCoin#1666 on 6/13/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm how much are you muted for spaming?? I'm muted because my account was hacked///
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
RzaSD,

You have a European Battle.net account and you play only on the European region. Please post any tech issues you have over on their forum.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/4436696/

You'll need to open a support ticket on Europe though to get any account-related information. That sort of thing can't be discussed in a public forum.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. Blizzard needs to fix this.
Reply Quote
The times posted to call are wrong..... it says 6pm when I called.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Apokalypz,

Those were the correct hours when that post was made back in June, they've changed since then.
Reply Quote
Whats really irritates me is when i get muted for "spamming" when i haven't done any behaviors whatsoever that could be considered spamming. I got muted today and i shouldn't have. I posted the thing i was saying twice, once in general chat, and then once in trade chat. Then i waited atleast a minute before i posted anything again. I guess someone was in the same trade and general and thought it was spamming. Even though it wasn't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]