Diablo® III

OMRAKOS!!! G110 Keyboard macro buttons allow?

(Locked)

Are g110 side buttons made macro allowed to switch gear? is it bannable to use a 100$ keyboard on a game?!?!?!
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/gaming-keyboard-g110
i need to know i want to use them but i dont want to get banned :(
Good question, I have the exact same keyboard....what color you normally use? I use blue, also blue with my g300 mouse :)
lol ehm i think he is of work, because its very late in the US :) maybe try the EU forums for a sec ??
I would like to know this as well.
- Technical Support
View profile
It is very EARLY in the US :) It is a bit after 5am PDT.

Currently Blizzard has stated that any automation of gameplay is against the TOU and is banable. They have banned people in WoW for using those keyboards before because they were putting together macros that linked more than one action. D3 does not allow macros at all or any form of automation. Just stick to using it as a normal keyboard for this game and you will be fine.
i fear its like you say cheetah but i want clarification and a proper statement, i think i deserve it after paying the bucks
PS: ty all for pointing the time out i didnt think of that :), eu blue post are impossible to get thats why im asking it here
I'm also interested. I love my G110.

And I'm all about the red, perfect at night.
Edited by RanikLoGaan#1665 on 6/13/2012 5:48 AM PDT
any blue post?
Support Forum Agent
It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.

It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.

Perhaps you should relay this to someone that can give a yes or no?

I find it highly unlikely that you'll be able to tell the difference of a automated macro to swap gear and me simply remapping my keys to the macro buttons through the program that runs my keyboard.
Edited by JesusV2#1317 on 6/13/2012 5:19 PM PDT
i love how they cant definetly tell yes or no "it could be"
lol...
I love people who have never worked a day in tech support scrutinizing necessary posturing. They told you no, don't use it. Why do you need further clarification?
6 Human Hunter

how is that any different from using the wow mouse?
push a button on the mouse, and it automates a portion of the game?
simple test: is it automation? if yes, then ban.

simple pre-test: do u know what the word "automation" means? if no, then stop gaming and get u some school.
100 Draenei Death Knight

That's Blue-speak for "I don't know. Here's a useless, indirect answer."

What it really boils down to is "Does it give you an unfair advantage at the expense of other players in-game?"
If the answer is yes, you'll probably get reported and banned.
If the answer is no, you probably won't. (But there's still a chance)

It's like the maphack in D2. It was fairly safe because while it's clearly a violation of TOS, it helped all players. No reports from other players, Blizzard won't know.
06/13/2012 11:56 PMPosted by EvilNorton
I love people who have never worked a day in tech support scrutinizing necessary posturing. They told you no, don't use it. Why do you need further clarification?

simple test: is it automation? if yes, then ban.

simple pre-test: do u know what the word "automation" means? if no, then stop gaming and get u some school.

wow i love the unnecessary rudeness of gamers, cant get enough of it
i think many peeps would love to know the exact answers for this questions tbh, and many thought like me that this answer wasnt a clarification, at all. They didnt told me no, they told me maybe. Now , what if i have for example tendinitis and wanted to free a lil stress from my hands? Dont answer me "this isnt the game for you then", because with the right technology you can overcome limits, for example a macro button to change equip on your keyboard, or a "once press" left click spammer. Would they ban me for using the keyboard buttons?

"IT COULD BE"

And how does this relate to the use of the Steel Series Diablo III mouse, which has programmable buttons. You can store different macros in them.
The mouse was released as an official, so if you were forbidden to use this macro, you should not allow this in the mouse GUI.
- Technical Support
View profile
There is a big difference between WoW and D3.

WoW allows macros and even has built in interface to do so. The rule is one button click = one action. So as long as you stick to that in WoW then you are fine. People who used the keyboards to macro together more than one action were the ones who got banned. Basically, if you can't do it with the in game features (macro functions) don't try using external devices or scripts to do it. Those rules apply to just WoW though.

D3 does not allow macros at all and has no in game functionality for it. If you have to use an external device or program to do something the game does not allow then you end up risking a ban if they catch you. It is probably not worth it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]