Diablo® III

OMRAKOS!!! G110 Keyboard macro buttons allow?

(Locked)

06/15/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Ahazet
It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.

And how does this relate to the use of the Steel Series Diablo III mouse, which has programmable buttons. You can store different macros in them.
The mouse was released as an official, so if you were forbidden to use this macro, you should not allow this in the mouse GUI.

lol that's hella fun!! official bannable mouse ftw
fyi i'm using autohotkey to bind an unbindable button, and im also thinking of using it to bind several buttons into one. ban me nao? ;p this game just lacks customization, ban the devs.
In essence, they probably won't ban you because they are releasing official products which do exactly the same thing. But they are reserving the rights to ban you just in case. They try to sound like you'll be banned doing so, so that you'll buy the official D3 hardware for more profits.
1 Gnome Warrior
I am going to have to guess on this. I acutally have a g110 and have never used it with wow because it doesn't work very good with my win 7 and I haven't bothered to figure out what's wrong.

I think that the macro function of the gaming boards is against tos but the problem they have is that it's not easy to figure out if you are using a macro program or not. What makes it tough here though is that they CAN snoop your computer to see if you are using specific software and the logitech stuff is almost certainly one of those that is detected.

Now for the shady area.. they aren't going to ban people just because they choose to use a gaming board. They certainly can't expect you to swap out every time you play wow. They just don't want you using the macro function.

SO.... here is what probably takes place.. If you are botting or doing something else that gets you reported for supposed macro'ing, then they investigate and find that you have the gaming board. That adds to the evidence they look at against you and could help get you banned.

If you are using any macro program to do innocuous stuff like swap your gear or give you extra keys to bind to or whatever, you have about a zero chance to get banned because they will not be looking at you. If you do anything that causes them to take a look, like get reported for stuff.. banzor mcphanzor.

IMOP and MMV as always.
Edited by Mae on 10/15/2012 4:36 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Bump, people need to know about this because it seems like it's not clear at all.
It does't matter what device or program is used. If it performs a task that automates portions of the game, it could be in violation of the Terms of Use/End User License Agreement and result in an account closure, if detected. I can not give you permission to use any such device or application. If you choose to use it, you do it at your own risk.

Ban me for using a logitech macro keyboard and I will sue you. Blizzard promotes products with these features so go ahead and try to ban me and others for using a keyboard we paid a whole lot of money for to play BLIZZARD games.
90 Troll Shaman
If anybody had this happened to him and would like to talk about it and try to figure something out, feel free to send me an e-mail at Klorz1834@hotmail.com

I will be doing what TreeZat recommended tomorrow morning as soon as these places are open
Support Forum Agent
SoulSeekerDR,

Did you take the time to read my previous post, the one you quoted above?

No one's going to be banned for using a macro keyboard or any macro-capable device or application as long as they don't use them to automate gameplay. If that's detected, and I'm not even saying it can be detected, it would be a violation of the Terms of Use.
Edited by Omrakos on 10/24/2012 8:49 PM PDT
SoulSeekerDR,

No one's going to be banned for using a macro keyboard or any macro-capable device or application as long as they don't use them to automate gameplay. If that's detected, and I'm not even saying it can be detected, it would be a violation of the Terms of Use.

Yes I did read the post. Blizzard promotes such products so how can it promote something that is against its own rules? That's like a doctor giving a diabetic a bag of candy. I have spent a ton of money on Blizzard games, I multibox 5 accounts in WOW so to here you guys say that using a product BLIZZARD promotes could get you banned kinda ticks me off a bit.
Edited by SoulSeekerDR#1401 on 10/24/2012 8:59 PM PDT
Omrakos,

I think people are looking for a more definitive statement on "automating gameplay" with respect to switching gear for magic find, or for swapping out a weapon for a shield. Will these things possibly result in an account ban? Players feel a bit frustrated that this has been a gray area for so long. Either it may not cross the line of "automating game play" by some definitions or its an area that blizzard perhaps tolerates despite statements that would appear to discourage it.

Edit: Actually re-reading OP's statement, he specifically mentions switching gear. Its not 100% certain whether your reply is geared towards macros generally, or that blizz's position is that switching gear via macro crosses the threshold of automating gameplay.
Edited by RageQuit#1835 on 10/24/2012 9:10 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
SoulSeekerDR,

Omrakos, the problem is I think sending some sort of warning to people would really avoid all these situations. I had alot of $$ invested on my account, and obviously, if I would've knew about it, never, EVER, i would've installed the software. People need to be aware of it, because 1. not everyone browse these forums and 2. It will happen again, and more people will loose their account.

We are a gamer community, and it's everybody gamer's dream to have a nice gaming keyboard with a razor mouse... i think
SoulSeekerDR,

I think it's pretty clear that Omrakos is saying Yes, you will be banned for using the macro functions of official, Blizzard branded hardware. It's really dumb, to say the least, but I guess Blizzard's marketing division simply doesn't consult the developing team and vice-versa. I'd have to join the majority of posters on Bnet's forum in saying Blizzard is incompetent.
90 Human Monk
is used Fraps violation of the Terms of Use ?
The Blizzard-branded hardware doesn't have to be used for automation, however. It can, but any hardware can with the use of appropriate 3rd party tools.

The difference is that assigning an extra button on the mouse to a key so you have another quick binding is quite valid. This assignment could be anything from one of your action buttons to opening your character page or scrolling the chat log. I have 12 buttons on the side of my mouse which do this just fine without breaking any rules.

Assigning the same button to attempt to press multiple keys in succession, cycle which function it will perform, move the cursor around the screen and click, etc, is not allowed. If it presses more than one key, performs an action (mouse movement, for example) and presses a key at the same time, if it presses the same key multiple times, or any combination of these things, than it's potentially automation and you're putting your account at risk.

Abusing Omrakos or Blizzard won't change anything. Use your better judgement and you'll be safe, try to game the system and you won't.

PS To my knowledge, FRAPs and the like are allowed.
Edited by Thalyn#1850 on 10/25/2012 1:52 AM PDT
SoulSeekerDR,

I think it would be great if the term "automate gameplay" is explicitly spelt out. Does it count if someone uses it to say "hello" or it is used to macro the toon around, auto-clicking. I believe the latter is obvious, but it were to be a simple text string for chat, does it count? This I believe is what that is bugging everyone's mind.
SoulSeekerDR,

I think it would be great if the term "automate gameplay" is explicitly spelt out. Does it count if someone uses it to say "hello" or it is used to macro the toon around, auto-clicking. I believe the latter is obvious, but it were to be a simple text string for chat, does it count? This I believe is what that is bugging everyone's mind.

How is this bugging everyone's mind? The answer is 100% obvious and was explained in the post directly above yours.

"Automate gameplay" = anything more than a single press of a key.

You want to map the "i" key to a button on your mouse? Fine.. 1 single push of a button.
You want to map the "i" key, followed by positioning the cursor and then performing a "right click". NOT fine.
You want to map a button that hits "enter" to open chat, types "hello" and hits "escape" to exit chat? NOT fine because 1 button press = 7 key presses.

This is not confusing.

The confusion comes from some people getting banned and others not getting banned. This has always been the case for games like this. It does seem to cause confusion when one person gets banned for using a weapon swap script while botters run rampant through the game.
Edited by Vuron00#1127 on 10/25/2012 7:22 AM PDT
10/24/2012 08:35 PMPosted by SoulSeekerDR
Ban me for using a logitech macro keyboard and I will sue you.

i am an attorney. this idiotic post made me rofl for real almost. good luck with that, bud.
Omrakos. Sorry to bother you here on forums but i've really had an issue with my account. I got returned funds that i should not have been returned looking as it as gold is .50 cents and i posted all my gold for .46 cents about 650,000,000 So that i could have exactly $250 for an item on the RMAH. They gave me everything within time but then returned 100,000,000 gold when it said all of it sold and it was processing all of it. How is this possible when people are purchasing .50 cents per mil. So to speed up the process i loaded the extra $35 into my account. Please look over my ticket and maybe make an exception and process my "Queued" $35 faster. I would greatly appreciate it as this is the only reason i sold the gold. :(. If you could make any difference that would be great. Thanks.

Order #82754951
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]