Diablo® III

Activision kills another great company

(Locked)

We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

O well you sure know that we dont love your product by now and your Pay to Win, ATM cash machine approach. Way to go you have it all planned already with money making as the primary target at every corner, not our satisfaction for an enjoyable and worthy sequel.
06/12/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

Evidence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kotick

There's no possible way you collect player feedback and design insight.

The fact that you're posting here means that you've waded through hundreds of topics decrying all these "fixes" and nerfs. If you guys are seeing the reactions of the player base as anything other than negative, I can't even begin to formulate a response that I'd think would convey how much you guys ignore player feedback.

I know you have to do your song and dance PR routine, but please don't BS us. You guys DON'T listen to feedback, and all the great insight and criticisms posted here DON'T get passed on to anyone. It's way, way too obvious.

I'm not going to convince you of anything you refuse to take at face value. But the work my department (the community team) does isn't completely negated by your perception of the way we operate.

To even think all the player feedback worth noting is on these forums AND negative is shortsighted in and of itself.

You'd convince me if the changes made were anything approaching reasonable. Or, at the very least, changes people have asked for.

Nobody asked for skills to be nerfed. Bashiok himself said pre-release that feeling overpowered in Diablo was what made it fun. Now? Nothing but nerfed skills. You're nerfing skills in a game without competitive multiplayer. Nobody wants that.

Nobody asked for goblins and treasure chests to be nerfed. Yes, Blizzard wants us to farm elites. But so what? Did we buy this game to be marionettes for Blizzard's dev team? No, we paid $60+ to play a game. If we want to farm chests/goblins/etc. So what?

Nobody asked for vases and things like that to be nerfed. How could you have not seen this coming? You put dozens of breakables in on area right after a checkpoint, then are surprised when people use it to farm gold!? And so what if they did use it to farm gold? So what if people farm anything in this game other than your precious elites (that apparently enough people hate farming)? Why not just get rid of everything in this game that drops loot except elite packs? By nerfing every alternative method, you've succeeded in punishing 100% of the player base in an attempt to target a miniscule population of people farming. Nobody wants this.

Nobody asked for an IAS nerf. This draws a bit from the first point about nerfing skills. IAS isn't a necessary stat. It's very good, but nerfing it because someone in your company thinks it's "zomg most important stat everzz!!11!?" Seriously? After people have spent millions of gold on items to cater to certain builds, you guys go and nerf the skills and stats without any real warning. It'd be a lot better if you guys just gave us a strict outline of how you wanted us to play. That way, we won't waste time and money gearing for a playstyle or build that will be needlessly nerfed. Nobody wants this.

Nobody asked for a game creation limit. I know the explanation is "it's for server stability..." but that's hogwash. Over 6 million people bought this game, and there's only a four player limit in rooms, and you guys can't figure out how to run stable servers without screwing over such a huge portion of the population? So if I wanted to farm the materials for the Staff of Herding, I'll now be looking at countless hours of sitting at the main menu because I warped into the oasis a few too many times? What about Hardcore characters that are basically forced to farm chests and goblins? Nobody wants this.

I really want to go on and get a laundry list of grievances posted, but what's the point? There's apparently some population of gamers asking for all these things, but I'm absolutely flabbergasted trying to figure out just where they're at. Definitely not these forums, and definitely not in-game based on the time I've spent in General chat. Throw me a bone, then. Where are the people who wanted this stuff?
+1
06/12/2012 09:25 PMPosted by messymike
Come back, Zarhym, talk to us!

if we're lucky they might be back after the blues finish their huddle trying to figure out a strategy to try and spin this around

Honestly they're just doing their job. They're more harshly moderated on what they can say here than we are. I bet, deep down, they agree about a lot of this. They can't say that of course, and will delete posts negative about this game anyway. If they are true fans, and gamers, the issues are obvious to anyone with eyes. The casuals that enjoy their Facebook games, and playing Angry Birds on iPad will still love this game anyway. That is future of gaming if what we're seeing and everything I heard at E3 is true. Enjoy. =/
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Whenever i talk to my friends or people i know, that have followed Blizzard for the years, thy all agree that the quality of games released from Blizzard has seemed to go down. I understand how Blizzard is its own company, but you have to understand this from the point of the consumer and some of your longest customers. That's just my two cents.
Edited by Casey#1553 on 6/12/2012 9:29 PM PDT
The way Blizzard has conceptualised this auction house is ridiculous and illogical.

1. Why need a mobile phone for SMS verification when a code can be sent to the account email address for authentication [but maybe Blizzard wants to collect data of players?].
2. Why do people with Paypal accounts HAVE to add a debit or credit card? And no, don't use the license excuse, which is just an excuse. You already get the commission for a sale, there is no need to have a credit or debit card for that aspect alone.

Verdict: Really disappointing Blizzard.
You may as well make the game a pay to play and get it over with.
This entire process is ridiculous and really damaging to your relationship with consumers - that's if you really gave a toss about your customers, which I think you don't.
" In responding to why Activision Blizzard chose not to publish certain games following the Activision/Blizzard merger, he stated that focusing on franchises that "have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million franchises" has "worked very well for Activision Blizzard". Kotick described this business strategy as "narrow and deep" or "annualizable" and cited it as key to attracting development talent who may not be drawn to "speculative franchises""
From ze wiki...Blue response?
06/12/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Thugologist
So what do you think about the extremely large amount of negative feedback Zarhym?

Its not extremely large.

There are 6 million players and i doubt you can find a meaningful statistic that proves even more than 1% of that group is complaining.
06/12/2012 09:28 PMPosted by lukipela
So what do you think about the extremely large amount of negative feedback Zarhym?

Its not extremely large.

There are 6 million players and i doubt you can find a meaningful statistic that proves even more than 1% of that group is complaining.

Just as you can't show any meaningful statistics to show that it ISN'T the majority. This game sold 6 million based on the reputation of a better game. You can't tell me that most of that 6 million weren't huge D2 fans, and this game is NOT as good as D2.
90 Worgen Death Knight
06/12/2012 07:43 PMPosted by AntonChigur
title
Its woefully ignorant

Activision is owned by Vivendi. As is Blizzard.

Activision has zero influence in how Blizzard is run.

Activision Blizzard, however, does. Yes, they are two seperate entities.

In before someone comes in and says how Kotic is the CEO of Actiblizz-Yeah, but Actiblizz is still owned by Vivendi, and Kotick answers to the same guy that has been Morheim's boss for even longer.
90 Human Priest
06/12/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Quintus
Honestly they're just doing their job. They're more harshly moderated on what they can say here than we are. I bet, deep down, they agree about a lot of this. They can't say that of course, and will delete posts negative about this game anyway. If they are true fans, and gamers, the issues are obvious to anyone with eyes. The casuals that enjoy their Facebook games, and playing Angry Birds on iPad will still love this game anyway. That is future of gaming if what we're seeing and everything I heard at E3 is true. Enjoy. =/

This is why I stated in my Wall of Text™ that I don't personally hold the CMs responsible (nor the CS guys). The devs I can at least partially hold responsible because they didn't even put in checks and balances to ensure a stable, functioning, and tangibly worthwhile economy, but instead left everything so wide open that only those with tons of money (real money at that) could do anything in the game in a realistic manner.

Making profit is cool. Scrubbing fun and joy out of the game in the name of pure greed most definitely is not.
Ahem.. Quake. I doubt you would find any interest in such a game, but from a competitive standpoint, it pretty much dominated FPS when you were still a wee little tyke.

Oh sorry, you're probably too young to know about this sort of thing.

I'm well over 18 years old.

Your assumption is now invalid.

Do you wish to try again?
Edited by sanctified#1429 on 6/12/2012 9:33 PM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
06/12/2012 09:20 PMPosted by KarmA
world of warcraft pre- activision is evidence enough, the game has been made for casuals in order maximize profit
WoW has been the casual Man's MMO since it's inception, Brosef.

Casual back in the heyday also meant "Can get experience from quests" next to it's then competetor EQ.

if we're lucky they might be back after the blues finish their huddle trying to figure out a strategy to try and spin this around

This, they dont pick ''slow'' peoples to moderate and communicate with us, so they pretty much know how supbar and crappy the game is but they'll never tell it, aside from lying thore are pretty cool jobs.
Edited by Blaze#1792 on 6/12/2012 9:35 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]