Diablo® III

Activision kills another great company

(Locked)

We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

You should of edited his title to say Blizzard Entertainment.

lol that is against TOA on their part. They aren't allowed to do that
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

"Kotick noted that in the past he changed the employee incentive program so that it "really rewards profit and nothing else." He continued, "You have studio heads who five years ago didn't know the difference between a balance sheet and a bed sheet who are now arguing allocations in our CFO's office pretty regularly. ... We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."
Customer feedback: you people suck at making games.

How much more feedback do you need?

but yet you have an active WoW sub? must not suck that bad huh

Does that mean you guys just killed yourselves on your own without any help from Activision? Really doesn't make it any better...
You were a Templar, Blizzard! How could you succumb to this... coven?!?!

Yes, the forums serve as a great way to collect feedback from your customers. Now if you scroll through the forums and take a quick glance at all the thread titles, I think you'll get all the feedback you need.
100 Orc Warrior

You have too much of a bankroll (Activision-Blizzard) for me to reasonably accept imposing a limit on game creation at a level that effects people farming a boss.

Is that constructive enough?

I fail to see how their bankroll should affect you from enjoying the other portions of a game that clearly they want you to be in besides just killing the boss. If they intended you to just farm end game bosses then youd be locked in a room with the 4 bosses. See what I did there?
oh no, a blue post, IB4L coming in 3, 2, 1... :D

Ok, fine, you're Blizzard Entertainment. But, Blizzard Entertainment, you have gotten much worse since the Activision merger. Whether that's because of Activision, we can't really know, because we don't work there. But what we have noticed is a correlation. While correlation doesn't prove causation, it can be evidence for it.
Customer feedback: you people suck at making games.

How much more feedback do you need?

At least a five paragraph essay, complete with imagery, metaphors and seven hyperbolic statements.
06/12/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

TL:DR version: Blizzard is Blizzard, and has not changed. (positive thing)

If you'll humor the question, are the servers hosted on windows? A.K.A. is the game completely windows-based?
Edited by Psytrac#1541 on 6/12/2012 8:23 PM PDT
06/12/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Ablac
they killed Call of Duty and infinity ward was once a great, respectful company that cared about the quality of their games, just like Blizzard used to.

FPS's were good at a time?

When was this?

1996-2004 was considered their golden age.

if activision had absolutely no bearing on your decision making during the creation of this game, and since its release, then I pity blizzard as a company. A few months before D3 came out, I recommended it to someone, stating that while it took forever to be released, blizzard is a company known for their quality, and good games, and it'll be worth the wait.

I am sincerely embarrassed for my words at that time.
You guys have to realize that the company that actually made diablo is long gone (blizzard north). These are the same devs who brought you the WoW money treadmill and completely destroyed the SC franchise.

Just blame them for not knowing how to create a fantastic game as in years past with D2, WC3, SC etc... they are just another mediocre development crew with a huge following based on past exploits they didnt even have their hands in.

If this game didnt have the blizzard stamp on it, it would be another Titan's Quest (if that, I actually enjoyed that game more).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]