Diablo® III

Activision kills another great company

(Locked)

ACTIVISION has nothing to do with this, but Blizzards is a corporation, not a charity.

Of course they care about customers. As long as you keep buying the game, they will keep trying to maximize profit with everything possible.

If you think Blizzards is bad, you should check out those Taiwan/Korea game companies.
Edited by Zarhym on 6/12/2012 8:31 PM PDT
06/12/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

people blame the "larger corporate entity" for the things they don't like in the game because they love blizzard. it's much easier to blame the big company instead of facing the fact that design and business philosophies may have evolved over time at blizzard itself.

that being said, you have to look at the track record of other companies which i won't name. totally awesome game studios get swallowed up by larger corporations, forced into a new business model in an attempt to squeeze every last drop of profit out of them, then when it backfires they get dissolved or simply fade out and go bankrupt.
Customer feedback: you people suck at making games.

How much more feedback do you need?

Because that really doesn't tell anyone how or why you feel that way.

You're right... but most of the complaints about D3 have been done to death.

So now people are in a strange vortex where they should be just done of this game except they are still in that denial and anger stage of grief.

Once you come to acceptance you will be relieved you are done with the game. I am not quite at the acceptance stage... I am somewhere between anger and depression.
Edited by Prosercunus#1610 on 6/12/2012 8:26 PM PDT

Oh sorry, you're probably too young to know about this sort of thing.

I'm well over 18 years old.

Your assumption is now invalid.

Do you wish to try again?

Well, I'm only 18... but there was DOOM, Quake (I think falls under FPS catagory?), Halo: CE/2 were pretty revolutionary for console FPS games. Ghost recon games are actually pretty fun (albeit not popular for multiplayer).

And before you try to call me out on H2, it's matchmaking system was the best part about online play. Really good system on it.
Well i am wanting a refund but nothing will happen, Blizzard is nothing more then like EA and Activision. Making cheap games for cash cows.

As for feed back i have never played such a broken game in my life, also forces us to replay the game 3 times to hit hardest mode?
Your development is really bad, and much lack great teasters for your game for all these expoilts to be found and i take it blizzard paid people for the reviews.
why did you push an unfinished game out the door with mass system changes and very little tests...
before you would have push the game back
ohh

pretty much all the issues you claim the game doesnt have

how bout the fact i cant even play because you are putting limits on gameplay

sorry but somethings does add up and if acti isnt to blame then its actually you guys then thats well not good. because you at one time produced excellent games
and d3 isnt bad
but it feels completely out there compaired to the rest of your titles

but what do i know
Edited by moonswing#1103 on 6/12/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Diablo 2: design:marketing ratio = x:y
Diablo 3: design:marketing ratio = x:(y^10)

This is true for every sequel of the last 5 years.

Diablo and Diablo 2 were made for gamers who like playing games.
Diablo 3 was made for people who like to invest money in the video games industry.

That's the problem with Blizzard and Activision and nearly every video game publishing company. You cannot maximize fun when the ultimate goals are
A) saving costs and
B) maximizing profits.
Hiring more marketing guys and skinner box experts won't help.
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

Okay, I wish for a comment regarding that really cheap fix called Input Limit. How do you guys expect us players to farm, especially when 1.0.3 isn't out yet.
I became stupid from reading this thread. I cant tell if people are really insanely moronic, or if no amount of trolling can satisfy them. God have mercy on your souls.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]