Diablo® III

Activision kills another great company

(Locked)

06/12/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Thugologist
So what do you think about the extremely large amount of negative feedback Zarhym?

The feedback was already very adverse since Beta patch 13. Moderators just ignored and deleted massively.
Hey CM, if all of what you said is true, then why don't you listen to the forum posts? You guys are doing so many stealth hotfixes that we have

a) Not discussed on "future patch" pages
b) Not even thrown around on forums with the existing players

You can say all you want Blizz CM but you know you're just changing things to your liking without us having a choice. I don't completely agree with the OP but you're really transforming the game into something that is less and less worthy of playing. Atleast have the decency to tell us about patches instead of us hearing about the complaining Europeans posting it on our forums, and if you are reading these forums then tell us if you're actually reading them. Without transparency we will just be kept in the dark longer and complain as you surprise us every week with bogus hotfixes. Thank you.
90 Orc Warrior
06/12/2012 08:27 PMPosted by bobkabob
The blues and the fanboys(MVPs) say we don't have good feedback. We do, those threads are just deleted or locked and are probably on page 500 right now.

Show us one
06/12/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

Well could we use a once great Single Player ARPG that was turned into a monetized unofficial FTP MMO that has micro transactions, and is nerfed or down for "scheduled maintenance" seemingly every other day as tangible evidence?

Honestly you cannot look at the past 20 years of this company and think that what you guys are doing to THIS game is acceptable even by the standards Blizzard held.
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

Oh OK so Blizzard is taking credit for the game failures. Shame probably could have got a pass by letting Activision take the fall.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

No,this used to be Blizzard Entertainment that released great games and gave people hours of enjoyment.
But now we only see a money grubbing company that only thinks of the profits and shareholders.You have sucked the funfactor out of the titles you produce anymore with this pay to win method.

Good Day

Even if you don't post in caps, the thread still changes it to all caps. Meh... guess it really isn't worth bringing up.
Community Manager

Clearly you don't actually play the game.

Clearly! No one could enjoy a game you don't! Have some perspective.

I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.
06/12/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Thugologist
So what do you think about the extremely large amount of negative feedback Zarhym?

zarhym is part of blizzards cannon fodder group.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just want to put my 2 cents out there. I have been a gamer since I was young. I mainly played JRPGs, and I remember hunting them down with my younger brother. I know that for a while I was one of 2 female gamers in the town I grew up in. I didn't get to play as much in college, but I'd still go home on a weekend now and then and zone out playing games.

I wanted to play World of Warcraft when it came out, but put off buying it until I graduated college. In 2006, I started playing, and continue to play today. I've also gotten hooked on the Diablo series, thanks to my husband (we met playing World of Warcraft, but that's another story).

I thoroughly enjoy these games. Has World of Warcraft changed since I started playing? A lot. Have I taken breaks? Certainly (I skipped the whole ToGC patch). I'd even say that there are elements that I didn't like. (Oh noes!) However, it still has a lot of replay value, as does Diablo III.

Diablo III is certainly different than World of Warcraft. The focus is more on "KILL ALL THE THINGS" rather than the more leisurely pace I normally take RPGs. I think the story is solid, for a hack and slash. Is it of the caliber of Lord of the Rings? Nope. That doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. (Watching the various ways a mob can die is VERY satisfying after a bad day.)

Now, you can probably go through my profile and see that I'm only 6/8H in Dragon Soul (and that will be the furthest I get, as the guild I'm in has decided to take a break in progression raiding until Mists). Diablo III progress? I'm in act 2 of Hell mode. So maybe my opinion won't count to some of you.

I have to say, though, that this game and World of Warcraft are both excellent games. I can tell that the developers care. It's hard to make millions of people happy, and it can probably be hard when most of the feedback on the forums is negative. So here's a fangirl (who is normally quiet) saying "GG, Blizz. I like your games."

:)
Edited by Evalonne#1730 on 6/12/2012 8:37 PM PDT

How do you guys not freak out on these types of posters? Be honest, Bliz pumps something through the air vents to keep you guys relaxed, right?
06/12/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

I'm not frustrated with the game at all right now, personally. To be frustrated with the game, I'd actually have to be able to play. Not "Input limit reach"'d.

Here's some feedback, bro. Input level reached. We need to farm. Diablo without farming is just a terrible game. GG. Does this involve you? Does this have merit? Destroying your company's name is important. Blizzard is not on my auto buy list anymore. Does this have merit?!

There's no possible way you collect player feedback and design insight.

The fact that you're posting here means that you've waded through hundreds of topics decrying all these "fixes" and nerfs. If you guys are seeing the reactions of the player base as anything other than negative, I can't even begin to formulate a response that I'd think would convey how much you guys ignore player feedback.

I know you have to do your song and dance PR routine, but please don't BS us. You guys DON'T listen to feedback, and all the great insight and criticisms posted here DON'T get passed on to anyone. It's way, way too obvious.

Your development studio is owned by Activision Blizzard. So while you're not necessarily spreading misinformation, you're not entirely telling the truth, either.

Kotick - Activisions's CEO - has commented on his direct influence of the business model of your recent games. Unless he was lying or has been very recently replaced, then Activision is, in fact, largely responsible for the current state of D3.
Edited by Durgha#1420 on 6/12/2012 8:37 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]